Egg-nog for a day

Got any good recipes? Share them here.
Mellis
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Egg-nog for a day

Post by Mellis »

Hi everyone!

This is my first post, other than replying to Corinnes yolk'n coco thread yesterday.

Today I made a bigger egg-nog, I keep it in the fridge and have a cup between meals. Perhaps only ideal today when I spend the day at home. I don't know how the egg-nog behaves outdoors, perhaps if bottled up and in a cooler there wouldn't be a problem with bacteria et c.

I have added saline on a 0.9% ratio with water. Perhaps the saline also helps to prevent bacteria. I understand that salt is a no-no for many people.

(Skip the next part if you don't want to read about saline)

One way to get the exact 0.9% saline is to make a satiated saline solution: in a glas jar, pour 1/3 (celtic sea) salt, add up with cold water and let the salt dissolve. If it doesn't all disolve, the saline is satiated, a 100% solution. To get the 0.9% solution, for 5 dl water, multiply by 0.9 and that gives you 4.5, and that is ml. So, 4.5 ml saline 100% to 500 ml water gives a 0.9% saline, same as blood.

The egg-nog:

for 6 cups (15 dl)
In a big jar that fits in the fridge/cooler and is good for pouring:

6 egg yolks
250g (1.5 dl) grape sugar (dextros)
6 cups (15 dl) cold water
(optional: 13.5 ml saline 100%)

If one egg yolk weighs 20 g, this egg-nog has the total energy of about 785 kcal: protein 10% / fat 45% / carbs 45%
Adjust the sugar to fit your yolks, if you want to.

I use this drink in between fruit meals, 6 drinks and 5 fruit meals. If one wants a more energy-dense egg-nog, one could add oil and compensate with more sugar.

I use a calculator (in swedish) that does all the math: http://www.bodytech.se/maltid.htm
All entries in gram.

Enjoy!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Welcome :)

Is there any specific reason why you use dextrose and not regular sugar (sucrose)?
Mellis

Post by Mellis »

Hello Oscar!
Thank you for the welcome.
I chose dextrose based on the notion that it is easier digested than regular sugar. I formed so many notions over the years. Some I replace with the exact opposite. This forum has allready given me many new notions and ideas. Perhaps you are curious as to how I found this forum? I found it here:
http://www.curemanual.com/
(Oh, I see today the headline is:) Bras, Breast Cancer, Lumps, Masses, Pain and Why All Women Must Go Bra Free!

Anyway, :wink:
I was originally browsing the web to look for something for a friend of mine, who has headaches a lot. That's a work in progress.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

"Easier digested" might be true in theory, but when eating fruits we digest both glucose (dextrose) and fructose, so it's quite natural for our body to do so. Even though fructose follows a longer pathway, I don't think we can really call that less easy. It's nothing compared to some vegetables, which cost more energy to digest than they yield. ;)

Interesting site there, and nice that he links to us. :)

Headaches can have different causes. Stress, physical causes like a brain tumor or a nerve problem, or food related.
Mellis

Post by Mellis »

Oh thanks for the tip Oscar - I'll just buy any old sugar the next shopping-round then :wink:

The headaches of my friend: he has had all possible tests and scans done over the last five years. The doctors have found nothing. I wrote a description of it and e-mailed the curemanuel person, but perhaps he didn't have time to read it. If you want to read and share your thoughs, please do:

"My friend has had daily headaches for almost 5 years now. It's always worse in the mornings. He bites his teeth during sleep and that seems to be involved in the headache, but not the cause for it. His condition gets worse by any and all mental and/or physical activity. The pain doesn't feel like regular headache physically speaking, but it is hard to describe.

My friend eats cooked food: lentil stew, wholegrain pasta, milk, cottage cheeze, sprout bread and bananas and on occasion, some nougat.

Sometimes he has a migrain, it's milder that other peoples migraine, but still the type that has swelling vessels that pulsate when rising up et c. Not that often, perhaps once a month for the migraine. The headache varies, in the mornings it's often in the eyes and forehead, probably tensions, but also temples, side of the head and a bit on the top of the head.

He says, in princip, one can ask oneself what causes headache, that doesn't origin from the head. He says he is quite sure the problem/error is not in the head, except for the part of clenching the teeth during sleep.

He is very open for alternative views."

I have asked him to try the egg yolk and skip the cooked food. He is a bit hesitant. Right now he is planning a wheat grass cure for July. Meanwhile, I'm being a huge nerd here on this forum, wanting to learn as much as possible. 8)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think you're idea is right . :)
Skip the grains and the milk products for sure. Of course that isn't attractive, because he would miss out on all his addictive substances.
This isn't something that will stay away after a cure/cleanse; one has to change their eating habits permanently. Besides, wheat grass tastes awful. ;)
Trying the Wai diet seems the best option to me (I'm biased of course).

Have fun being the nerd. ;)
Mellis

Post by Mellis »

Thank you Oscar! Nerd is my middle name.
How about just egg yolk and olive oil?
(Instead of just egg yolk and sugar.)
Just as an option. What's your say?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

My choice would be egg yolk with sugar, because the yolk is already fatty.