Eggtoddy munch food?

Got any good recipes? Share them here.
abicahsoul
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Eggtoddy munch food?

Post by abicahsoul »

Yolks should not be blended right? That makes the proteins dirty.
What I wonder is about whisking?
Egg toddy has always been a big fav of mine. Often when I had a craving I have since resorted to egg toddys. (That is: just yolk and sugar whisked briskly or with electrical whisk until yellowish white and fluffy..)
However now after discovering Wai I realize that this probably destroys the proteins for the same reasons as blending.
But I thought I'd ask, because whisks don't get up to the same speed, and perhaps doesn't heat the yolk at the molecular level? But yolk and sugar blend and the mix does change color. But does that mean a heating or an unbeneficial change at molecular level making the protein "dirty"? :?:
Also, IF there is a change on the molecular level, due to heat, then I guess egg toddy would be a rather or really bad choice for a munch food?

Just for mention, it was while googling health benefits of raw egg yolk that I found Wais site. ;D I was eating toddys for a few days and started to ponder how bad or good egg yolk was for you and different standpoints. (You know, since the official stand point is that egg yolk is bad for you at least if you take more than one a day..)
Iris

Re: Eggtoddy munch food?

Post by Iris »

When you'd read through the forum, you'd see we always say to stir gently. So no, whisking is not allowed. The visible change of the yolk due to the whisking is an obvious sign there is a molecular change, and in most cases that means you'd better not eat it.
CSIV

Post by CSIV »

I also found this site while googling something about raw eggs :D
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

Thanks Iris, that's what I suspected. Just wanted to make sure since it used to be favorite food. But I have since trying to adopt the Wai rules found that just pouring some sugar on top and just very gently distributing the sugar in the yolk and nothing more is also very good, it is the same taste.. mmmh.. and also I feel that it is the better way.. :D

Yes, I found it by googling for health benefits of raw yolks.. The page I stumbled upon was the one about sleep disorder and depression,and the theory struck me as interesting and read on, and then when I found that there were more and that there were things about skin health I got really interested.. I have bitchy skin: sometimes acne periods, often very clogged pores, very dry surface skin that at the same time gets an oily coating during the night, in the winter easily gets eczema due to driness and weather but at the same time underneath tallow that builds up.. and fatty hair..Two times in my life I had (Ro)Accutane, which had great great benefits against sebum and comedones.. but alas feels and probably IS very straining on the system.. I have been trying to find ways to manage my skin, I even tried some expensive stuff like Dermalogica even if it is really out of my budget.. and it worked ok ,a little, but didn't change my skin.. so I was really interested in trying, some of the descriptions sounded like my situation, and the theory sounded at least possible..and also some of the things I love was included, raw yolk, fish, (meat, I looooove me some raw meat with yolk :P )
When I get the munchies it is mostly for: butter and cream... cream and tea or coffee with sugar, or butter and potatoes..