dime
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Beef heart carpaccio

Post by dime »

Ingredients
* some beef heart
* lemon
* a little salt if you don't have problems with acne

The key is to first remove the connective tissue and hard fat from the outer part of the heart. Then try to slice as thin pieces as possible from the soft yummy meat that is left. Sharp knife helps a lot with this operation.
Spread the slices in a plate, squeeze lemon on top, and then a little salt (not too essential, I add salt but can't really taste it).
Leave it for a couple of hours, in the fridge is ok.

This is just awesome, even better than fillet steak (if you remove the fat and connective tissue), especially considering the price.
fred

Re: Beef heart carpaccio

Post by fred »

Thank you.
I wonder what's happening in terms of denaturation when using lemon to "cook" at low temperature. Are they more benefits than drawbacks ?
H
dime

Post by dime »

It's an acid, so it's extremely similar process to what happens in your stomach (just the lemon acids are not as strong).
Iris

Post by Iris »

Beef heart is very tasty, been eating it regularly lately. But without the lemon juice and salt. Plain and simple. Although I'm planning on buying a meat grinder, grind it and then eat it with some glassworth, which is of course a bit salty. So I might as wel try some lemon juice on top of it. Hmmm, thanks for the suggestion!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

To me, chicken hearts are more tasty.
But chicken feed may be worse than what they give to cows.
Iris

Post by Iris »

I tried chicken hearts too, and I don't know why but they make me slightly nauseous. I like chicken filet much better.
Beef heart from gras fed cows is relatively easy to find (at least in Holland). You can even order it online :wink: