3 months into this - some feedback?

no testimonies, no problems; just ups and downs
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by RRM »

I love the combination of perfectly ripe fatty avocadoes mixed with egg yolks.
I also love egg yolk over fish.
I dont like them so much over my salad, but I do like to mix the fluid from tomatoes (juice plus seeds) with egg yolks.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Is it OK to mix orange juice and egg yolks? I've always thought that sugar hinders the digestion of protein. The first book that really influenced me to change my diet was Fit for Life, which recommends not mixing proteins with sugars. Is this book simply wrong?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Foods that contain sugars, always contain protein as well. So, not mixing them would be impossible, unlesss you dont eat 'sugary' foods (fruits, vegetables, grains, beans)
So, the body has no problems digesting whole foods that contain both sugars and protein.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

RRM wrote:Foods that contain sugars, always contain protein as well. So, not mixing them would be impossible, unlesss you dont eat 'sugary' foods (fruits, vegetables, grains, beans)
So, the body has no problems digesting whole foods that contain both sugars and protein.
When Fit for Life referes to protein foods they mean concentrated proteins like fish or meat.

One of there main rules is to only eat fruit on an empty stomach and not mix it with other types of food.

I guess, I'm having a hard time with this. I've been eating this way for years. I usually eat my salmon alone and my egg yolks alone. Then eat my fruit later. Just recently, I have started mixing olive oil in my OJ.

So you are saying it is easy to digest, say a piece of Salmon and some sweet fruit in the same meal?
avo

Post by avo »

No, the fibers in the fruit will slow down the digestion of the salmon (which contains no fiber). The only way I would eat fish with sugar is maybe a sip of OJ 30 minutes later. Even then, I do not feel the need for this.

Also, if you are eating salmon as your last meal at night, you shouldn't have it with fruit anyways, as fiberous foods should be avoided late at night. Plus, I don't even think fruit tastes good with salmon...
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

That's a bit different than fit for Life's concern. They say the fruit digests rapidly alone (fiber and all, I guess) but the salmon is the slower to digest and would hold up the fruit.
avo

Post by avo »

Well, either way it's a no-no. ;)
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

forgive me if this sounds stupid (I should know by now)

it is a no no with the Wai diet?
avalon

Post by avalon »

I've heard Sally Fallon suggest that the Human body is such a marvel at it's job that eating differnt foods at once shouldn't be a problem. Do I believe this, I'm not sure. Dr. Stanley Bass suggests, If I remember correctly that the order is more important. To eat quickly digesting foods first. So eat the fruit before the Salmon. Wich I guess makes sense. It think Wai says something similar somewhere.
avo

Post by avo »

Yep, Wai suggested that if one wishes to eat fruit, salad and fish all in one meal, to do so in that order. I find this complicates things, I like things simple.

John, by no-no I mean it is not ideal in the viewpoint of Wai. The reasons why are stated just a few posts above. But if you enjoy it, and it does not negatively effect you, go for it. Personally, I'd rather not have grapes with snapper, or pears with mackeral. Not only do I get indigestion easily, but it just does not taste right. Fish is delish without all the extras...
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I agree. I also eat fruit separate from fish/egg yolks.
rischott

Post by rischott »

i love salmon with avocado tomato and cumcumbers. never bothers my stomach.
avalon

Post by avalon »

It's funny, though I have never had tomato with fish, I don't like the idea at all. Something from my past? I don't know. The cucmber and avocado with Salmon sound great. My Father loves ketchup with his eggs and that thought makes me gag.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

rischott wrote:i love salmon with avocado tomato and cumcumbers. never bothers my stomach.
I could eat most anything and my stomach would feel fine. In my case I am interested in eating in a way that helps me have optimal digestion. I'm thinking that just because it doesn't bother me doesn't mean it is optimal, but maybe I'm wrong, maybe this is a good way to judge digestion. I mean I've had pizza with every topy including fruits and am not immediately bothered by it and it seemed to digest just fine. I wonder how I could know for sure how well things are digesting.

When it comes to mixing I think that tomato and cucumbers would be the least likly to cause issues because they are lower in sugar. I really don't know for sure, though.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

johndela1 wrote:I'm thinking that just because it doesn't bother me doesn't mean it is optimal, but maybe I'm wrong, maybe this is a good way to judge digestion.
When you consume raw foods only, it is.
If cooked foods are included, it may not be, as then part of your digestive system is sedated. You simply feel less.