Fruits and Sunshine

no testimonies, no problems; just ups and downs
Terence
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Fruits and Sunshine

Post by Terence »

Hi All,

wehn I eat lot´s of fruit I always feel a very strong desire for sunshine!

I´m now trying Wai's diet for the third time and, yes, it comes back again, the ultimate desire for sunshine. Unfortunately here is no sun in Germany and I´m dreaming the whole day of my last trips to tropical places. It´s a feeling like starving.

Has anybody here made similar experiences?

Obviously bananas and mangos beam me back to ... our original homeland!?

If I eat dairy (the worst of all foods for my body) I really dislike sunshine... This can´t be a coincidence. Addictive dairy as a consolation for people kicked out of sunny paradise...

Terence
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Very interesting...
nick

Post by nick »

Before the diet I really loved rainy days, as they kept me inside and they were relaxing and calming. I found it enhanced my calmness and I enjoyed reading, playing music and doing something pleasant.

After the diet, the urge for sunny days increased to like never before. Not that I didn't like sunny days, but I definitely felt a need for some sunshine each day. So I do believe you and sympathize with you!
avo

Post by avo »

Hello?!? This is why I moved to Florida!
Terence

Post by Terence »

nick wrote:Before the diet I really loved rainy days, as they kept me inside and they were relaxing and calming. I found it enhanced my calmness and I enjoyed reading, playing music and doing something pleasant.

After the diet, the urge for sunny days increased to like never before. Not that I didn't like sunny days, but I definitely felt a need for some sunshine each day. So I do believe you and sympathize with you!
A few years ago I found a book about sugar metabolism. The author describes the strong relationship between temperatures, sun's radiation and metabolic changes in humans. Very interesting. Every winter I have to cut out tropical fruits of my diet to avoid imbalances in my feelings. 'Cold' fuits like apples and berries are ok, in small amounts.

Due to my strong desire for sunshine I have decided to leave Germany. Hopefully this will happen this year.. Everything is prepared now.. Yeah.

Terence
Terence

Post by Terence »

avo wrote:Hello?!? This is why I moved to Florida!
Wow. I REALLY envy you!

After travelling a lot, my favourite now is Portugal, which is only 2.5 flight hours away, so that I can hold up some business in Germany.

Avo, are there many raw foodists in Florida? I have heard that raw food is now very common in California.
Regarding raw food, Portugal is still deep Stone Age. hehe. And it´s my aim to change this.

Terence
avalon

Post by avalon »

One of my favorite things to do is to eat the Tomato Cucumber salad sitting in the noon-time sun! Something about that seems so right.
avo

Post by avo »

I'm not exactly in the hippest part of town, but I have met lots and lots of organic foodies, and yes, several raw foodists. It is so easy to do here, there are plentiful farmers markets, stands, fleamarkets, etc. Most supermarkets here have very nice produce sections as well. Don't get me started on the fish... one could drive to the pier 10 minutes away and catch spanish mackerel when ever they feel like it. Also, lots of decent sushi joints and fish markets.

If you are considering Florida, I am moving (once again) in about a year. You could buy my place (small bungalow), but there are plenty of others for sale, nothing is really selling right now. I'm thinking South Carolina or Nevada/Arizona. Maybe Texas. I still got a year to think about it... :)
AnnGrazjun

Post by AnnGrazjun »

Avo, you should cozy-on up here in sunny California! :D I currently live in Los Angeles, but I frequently go up north to visit 'wine country' every summer...it's soo nice and relaxing up there. Los Angeles is just getting waaay too crowded for me, but luckily I have my secret escape in the summer :lol: . BTW I lived in South Carolina for a few years in Lady's Island, very comfy indeed :P
Everything we touch turns to gold...then to sh_t
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I just came out of the sun, going to go back out in a few...I can concur with this idea. :) Never really thought about it, but it seems to be correct.
summerwave

sun exposure

Post by summerwave »

Ah; now the health administrators have declared that tanning salons are as dangerous as arsenic and other toxins; I wonder if they will stay open in the US.

I have wondered (aloud) on this board about the power of sun in terms of bone health and mood. There is a non-quantifiable element of course, of 'feeling good,' that cannot really be calculated or strategized.

However, for the winter, I am wondering about the indoor lights that stimulate proper circadian rhythms and are not really about sun/UV exposure on the skin. Do they address part of the mood problems from lack of sunlight? Are they a poor substitute, for, say, outdoor time supplemented by short spells in a tanning salon when the weather is so stormy and snowy that going outdoors is more difficult? Circadian rhythms, when properly functioning,imply the perfect balance of the serotonin/melatonin cycle.... But again, the full complement of raw/healthy cholesterol, time outdoors (which undoubtedly can never be fully replaced by indoor lighting); proper diet without HCAs/beta-carbolines, etc, are all part of it. However, for one part of the equation, I am not sure if indoor small-scale circadian lights are better or worse than a tanning salon. Does anyone know?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I dont know, but i suspect that its impossible to mimic all effects of the sun, and we are only beginning to understand how and how much our body depends on various aspects of the sun.
I doubt that there can ever be something that can really mimic the effects of "the real thing".
summerwave

sun exposure

Post by summerwave »

i agree, and I plan to spend as much time outdoors as possible (it's not hard to do so, as it feels so good, even in the cold)...

I read somewhere that cold (darker) places with abundant and longlasting snowfall are actually better in terms of the light problem because the snow reflects so much of the light.

The snowy place I live is like that. There is virtually no melting after the snow has fallen for 5 months or more; it is piled high all winter-- no place to go.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Maybe not enought vitamin D?

The sun boost vitamin D levels.
Iris

Post by Iris »

Kasper wrote:Maybe not enought vitamin D?

The sun boost vitamin D levels.
So does fish and yolks. So when eaten regularly, you won't be lacking vitamin D.

I noticed I'm way more outgoing myself when I'm strict. I feel like this is because I feel less depressed.