Some diet questions after acne relapse

no testimonies, no problems; just ups and downs
halfgaar
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Some diet questions after acne relapse

Post by halfgaar »

I've been following the Wai diet (approximately) for a couple of weeks now. It seemed to be going very nicely, but I got a (small) relapse (two or three pimples, even one on my knee; very unusual...), so I thought I put the contents of my exact diet up here for scrutiny.

My daily diet consists of:

1) Three or four egg yolks.
2) An assortment of fruits (bananas, mandarins, oranges).
3) Fats (extra virgin olive oil and virgin coconut oil).
4) Lettuce, carrot, cumcumber and sun dried tomatos (not suspended in some liquid).
5) Cold slung honey (occasionally, not every day), along with some coconut oil to prevent sharp blood level increase.
6) About 8 shelled apricot seeds per day (the reason is not important now, but I do want them, even though they are shelled...).
7) Several unshelled walnuts (shelled by hand).
8) Homemade mayonnaise, made from olive oil, egg yolks, apple cider vinegar (organic, non pasteurized), basilicum and dille weed.
9) Sun dried (or so they said at the store), organic raisins (although not every day).

I always try to combine fruits and fats. I mix the yolks with some olive oil, and I mostly don't eat any fruits with them. I put the mayonnaise over my salad.

Up until 6 days or so (if I remember correctly), the carrots I ate were sliced by an electric slicer. At some point I suddenly thought to myself "whoops, that is not allowed." I know blenders and such were not allowed, but I never stopped to think about the slicer... Could this be the cause of the relapse? It seems kind of far fetched.

Does this contain anything I shouldn't eat?

Additionally; how linear is the amount of acne to the amount of dirty proteins? I never had a really severe acne (a couple of pimples usually, like I have now). If that was with a full-blown cooked diet, does that mean that a relatively small amount of dirty protein (in the shelled apricot seeds for example) is permissible?
RRM
Administrator

Re: Some diet questions after acne relapse

Post by RRM »

halfgaar wrote:
4) Lettuce, carrot, cumcumber and sun dried tomatos (not suspended in some liquid).
The sundried tomatoes probably are the culprit.
I tried a number of them, and they all were way too salty compared to my home-dried tomatoes.
6) About 8 shelled apricot seeds per day
thats a no-no in the ASD as they are very hard to digest due to their high antinutrient contents. Also, some of these are toxic...
9) Sun dried (or so they said at the store),
I doubt that they are really sundried...
But at least they are not salty
I never stopped to think about the slicer... Could this be the cause of the relapse? It seems kind of far fetched.
its far fetched indeed.
Its the 'sun dried' tomatoes inj my opinion, and maybe also the apricot kernels
does that mean that a relatively small amount of dirty protein (in the shelled apricot seeds for example) is permissible?
the problem is that the less dirty protein you consume, the greater the relative influence of that amount (as its about the principles of osmosis regarding water retention), so that only 0 is really safe.
halfgaar

Post by halfgaar »

Thanks,

I'll leave out the sundried tomatoes for a while. I can forgo the apricot kernels as well for now, but I will add them later. I don't think they are toxic, or very anti nutritional, but that's topic for another time (about which a thread exists :))