Airplane flight acne

no testimonies, no problems; just ups and downs
Squash
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Airplane flight acne

Post by Squash »

A few days ago I flew from America back to my home in Europe, in total flew 12 hours in an airplane, crossing multiple time zones and having only slept 3 hours in the plane or so. My face literally exploded in tiny bumps. This was also true the last time I flew an airplane.

Can anyone give me an explanation for this?

:(
panacea

Re: Airplane flight acne

Post by panacea »

that makes no sense, since I thought acne takes days to appear
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Squash wrote:... flew 12 hours in an airplane, crossing multiple time zones and having only slept 3 hours in the plane or so. My face literally exploded in tiny bumps.
Yes, among frequent travelers it is well known that flying can make you retain a lot of water.
panacea wrote:...I thought acne takes days to appear
No, it may take up to a few days, but it may also just take a few hours.
Squash

Post by Squash »

RRM wrote:
Squash wrote:... flew 12 hours in an airplane, crossing multiple time zones and having only slept 3 hours in the plane or so. My face literally exploded in tiny bumps.
Yes, among frequent travelers it is well known that flying can make you retain a lot of water.
The explanation I read was the low humidity, detracting water from the outer layer of the skin and thus provoking an increased sebum/oil output to protect the skin from further dehydration. My skin also got extremely oily (it still is a little) after the flight.

Another explanation was the lack of sleep AND the constipation I experienced! I had terribly gassy stomach cramps the entire flight.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

In conclusion, flying often influences the condition of the skin.