Yellow skin

no testimonies, no problems; just ups and downs
rischott
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Yellow skin

Post by rischott »

Does anyone notice that their skin has turned yellow? My mother noticed that around my mouth, the palms of my hands, the bottoms of my feet, and around my armpits, there is a yellowish shade to my skin. I agree with her, but I don't think much of it.
Has this happened to anyone?
huntress

Post by huntress »

Hello :D

Yes, I've noticed my skin turning yellow too. Under certain lighting, my skin looks REALLY yellow. My mother noticed the same thing about me the last time I visited her 4 months ago.
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

What is this about? I can only think of jaundice.... is your liver okay? I'm not a doctor so I really can only guess!
huntress

Post by huntress »

CurlyGirl :),
I don't think it is jaundice. If it is, the whites of my eyes would be yellow but they're very clear and white. Could it be due to the carotenes from oranges?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

It's a bit difficult for me to judge, because my skin has always been a little yellowish...

I vaguely remember hearing something similar about carrots, so it could be the carotenes indeed.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I guess that it is actually due to beta-carotene, your body will adjust the absorption rate eventually (which is individually different), and your body will regain its normal colour.
(unless your skin is exposed to the sun quite a bit; the yellow / brown pigmentation is protective)
How long have you been on this diet rischott and huntress?
Does your version of this diet contain a lot of beta-carotene?
rischott

Post by rischott »

i've been on the diet for about 5 months now, although not 100% since I have no issues with acne or cellulite. I've been a vegetarian for over a year as well. I consumed about 1 to 11/2 liters of mandarins while in Korea, but now i am back in the states and have switched to Navel. I eat 4 to 8 bananas a day, sometimes apples and pears. So, i dont' think i consume more betacarotene than the rest of the group.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Actually, mandarins contain quite some beta-carotene, and it has been known that the change in skin color from beta-carotene fades away only slowly. So, it might be that its the beta-carotene after all...
The next few weeks will tell.
rischott

Post by rischott »

Thanks! i hope it goes away. Unless, that is my natural color.
huntress

Post by huntress »

RRM :D

I've been 100% for 4 months. I don't consume carrots or any green leafy vegetables. Mainly fruits and egg yolks.

I've been thinking that since I have olive skin, the slight colour change makes me look even more yellower? I used to consume about 10-15 mandarins everyday but that was 4 months ago.
avalon

Post by avalon »

Say, anyone think it may be the color they added to the Salmon? If it works for salmon, why not us...

I know, wild vs farmed
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

avalon wrote:Say, anyone think it may be the color they added to the Salmon? If it works for salmon, why not us...

I know, wild vs farmed
Shouldn't we become more pinkish then?
avalon

Post by avalon »

Shouldn't we become more pinkish then?
Isn't it more orange than pink? Pink is when cooked...and I know, yellow isn't orange...but it's closer that purple :)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Well, (after a close study of a piece of salmon) it is orange-pink! Not really orange, but also not quite pink. :)
avalon

Post by avalon »

I should have known!

It's PINANGE!!! :shock: