Various thoughts on the diet; veggie diet, sugar...

no testimonies, no problems; just ups and downs
avalon
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by avalon »

Thanx :)
huntress

Post by huntress »

Andyville :D , I strongly believe that every one of us here tries to bring some positivity into all of us. And you are blessedly one of them. As ignorant as a beginner as you are, you were merely extending your advice out to help others since it has helped you. I don't see that as being unrighteous. We were all once beginners too. :wink:
andyville

Post by andyville »

Thanks for forgiving me guys :)

Now don't bounce this thing anymore - let Andyville's Not So Flawless Vegetable Diet fade into oblivion, where it obviously belongs.
andyville

Post by andyville »

... and thanks for the kind words, Huntress. Would you be kind enough to email the stuff you wrote to my girlfriend? Apparently she's under the illusion that I'm a complete a-hole (*cough* I forgot to buy her a birthday present although we were born on the same date *cough*). I might be the first human being ever to accomplish such a thing. :cry:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

ROFL! :lol:
andyville

Post by andyville »

Well, it's easy for you to laugh about this Oscar, but can you even begin to grasp the severity of the situation? :cry:

What could I ever do to make up for this? This is the kind of girl you would give up breathing for... I guess a Vipassana retreat is the only solution; there I will learn that all cravings will ultimately only lead to suffering. Mr Goenka would probably argue that forgetting about the birthday, thus f@!¤ing up the most intriguing relationship I have ever been in, was the turning point of my life :P
huntress

Post by huntress »

Andyville, forgive me but I am somewhat inexperience when it comes to relationship issues and I don't think it would be fair to put my two cents worth since I hardly know the situation well. But I do wish that all goes well for the both of you. :oops:
What I can tell you though is that changes is life is necessary, if not vital. So embrace it. :wink:
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

andyville wrote:Well, it's easy for you to laugh about this Oscar, but can you even begin to grasp the severity of the situation? :cry:

What could I ever do to make up for this? This is the kind of girl you would give up breathing for... I guess a Vipassana retreat is the only solution.
Well, is she pissed or something? I don't think I would mind too much if you just forgot and didn't mean to spite her. I don't value birthdays that much anyway and usually celebrate one out of three times, but then I go way out and hold a huge party. I just don't like the obligatory aspect of birthdays, anniversaries, that type of thing.

You can maybe make it up by holding a party for both of you?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

andyville wrote:Well, it's easy for you to laugh about this Oscar, but can you even begin to grasp the severity of the situation? :cry:
Sorry Andy, I didn't mean to laugh at you, but I found the way you put it quite funny in itself.

I usually forget birthdays until after the fact...unless my mom warns me in advance, which she, knowing me, does quite often. ;)

I think Chin-Chin's idea is good...hold a (surprise?) party. :)
avo

Post by avo »

Oscar, how many of those references to juice were added by RRM? I do recall that he has openly edited quite a bit of information originally written by Wai.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I have no idea. I don't know if he edited anything, what he would've edited, which parts he wrote, or what they wrote together in the first place. As far as I know they were completely in it together anyway.
nick

Post by nick »

Wai and RRM developed this diet, which parts are their respective parts, perhaps all of the book and articles?
I would think so as they both researched it.

In the old Q&A forum, Wai mentions adding sugar to juices many times, but only if you need the sugar or to give it some sweetness to it.
There are couple of threads where Wai mentions what she eats which includes some fruit smoothies and a liter of orange juice for her daily diet, as well as yolks and fish.

So they both advise to add sugar and to juice fruit.
There is less fiber and its easier to monitor your sugar-level and its convienient for those on the go.
andyville

Post by andyville »

Oscar:

I was just kidding man, no harm done :D

Chin Chin:

That's a very, very good idea. I think I'll go with your idea and throw a surprise party for her, it's gonna be a lot of fun.

huntress:

Yeah, change is good. We all need it. But there are changes you can live with - a new neighbour, switching from regular Coke to diet Coke, change your name into Butros Butros and so on - and then there are changes you really don't want to happen. This relationship sort of ranks in the second category for me, so I want to give it a shot.
huntress

Post by huntress »

Okay andyville :wink: I trust your ability to lead yourself into the correct pathway. It is afterall your life, and you've fought well through it. I wish the best for the both of you.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

andyville wrote:Oscar:

I was just kidding man, no harm done :D
Good to hear. :D