Various thoughts on the diet; veggie diet, sugar...

no testimonies, no problems; just ups and downs
andyville
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Various thoughts on the diet; veggie diet, sugar...

Post by andyville »

Hi,

I've been on the Wai diet for about half a year now, and I thought the time has come to share my experiences and thoughts.

To start with, I'm a fan of the digestive rules of Herbert Shelton saying that you should never combine sugars and fat; thus, I never eat fruits with oil. In fact I don't eat fruits at all - they cause way too quick changes in blood sugar levels, which I don't like. I also stay away from oil, since I don't believe in processed food and I see no point in adding extra fat to the amount I get naturally from eating avocados, egg yolks and vegetables.

These foods that I just mentioned - egg yolks, avocados and vegetables in general - are what basically build up my diet (yes, I stay away from nuts too). Rather than trying to eat as varied as possible (which is often recommended by "health professionals") I try to focus on foods that I enjoy eating, and which do not give me any allergies that I know of.

So what do I eat during a day? When I wake up I drink about half a liter of water, before I go jogging for about half an hour. When I come back I mix four egg yolks with half an avocado, which I eat with a red, sliced paprika - delicious! For lunch I usually make a sallad of lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, olives and some more avocado, and I take some more of this sallad for supper later in the evening. In between meals I drink a lot of water.

So - how does this diet compare to the "real" Wai diet? Obviously there are quite a few differences. I only eat three times a day, I don't eat fruits and I don't eat oils or nuts. I'm not saying that my diet is necessarily any better than the Wai diet or any other diet, but through trial and error I have come to realize that this is what suits me best. I'm in perfect shape physically, I don't experience rapid mood shifts due to blood sugar changes, I don't have to spend half my day worrying about what I eat, since going on this diet my hair and skin looks g-r-e-a-t, and my eye-sight has improved (previously, I needed contact lenses with minor correction, but not anymore).

Finally, I would like to thank the Wai team for giving me the inspiration to change some very important aspects of my food habits, what with the raw egg yolks and so on. But I would also encourage you to change things in the Wai diet, to see if you might benefit from it. Eating fruits with oil doesn't make sense to me; eating up to eight times a day doesn't make sense to me; eating raw fish doesn't make sense to me, considering the amounts of toxics found in our oceans.

Someone might argue that it's impossible for me to get enough calories. Nope - I'm doing just fine, thank you very much. :) I might be on the lower end of the BMI scale, but quite franjly i don't give a f*** in this Coca Cola drinking, candy eating, TV watching, brainwashed world.

By the way, I'm a 24 year old male.
avalon

Post by avalon »

Hey, when things are working for you, that's terrific!

Did you start tweaking from the begining? Or was this as you went you stopped the oil and so on etc.

The vegetable angle is an interesting one because after reading more than one take on the matter it does appear our stomachs aren't well suited for digesting vegetables...cooking takes care of this, but then live foods become dead food, but then there still is nutrition to be had...so I guess it's all to one's own liking ultimately.

I love my spinach and garlic! I'd like to bring in some other veggies on occasion but haven't yet. I miss cooked eggplant! ooh eggplant with garlic sauce!

I've never done the Orange juice oil drink and I have no desire to. I understand the balancing of oils and sugars basics, but am not convinced I personally need the juice/oil combo. When I make a banana smoothie I add some oil. I see though how maybe the avocado could be sufficient. It's certainly a more paleo approach. I prefer to have nuts with my fruits and suffer no stomach troubles.

Best to you,

Avalon
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hello Andyville, welcome to the forum. :)

In fact you do eat fruit. More fruit than vegetables. Avocado, tomato, cucumber, and I think even paprika (red pepper), are all fruits! ;)

I hope it'll work out for you. :D
avalon

Post by avalon »

Okay! I just learned a NEW THING! Thanx Oscar!

Paprika=Red Pepper! Does that go for green and yellow as well? Is the spice Paprika from the pepper family?

cool 8)
Agent

Post by Agent »

avalon wrote:Okay! I just learned a NEW THING! Thanx Oscar!

Paprika=Red Pepper! Does that go for green and yellow as well? Is the spice Paprika from the pepper family?

cool 8)
They are red, green and yellow.

I think they are a member of the pepper family, yeah.
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

Hi Andyville,

Welcome. Glad that you found the happy balance...

Just wondering because you didn't specify, are you eating your vegetables raw? Which ones?

Thank you
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

Oh, do you ever get hungry? You sure eat less than me!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

avalon wrote:Okay! I just learned a NEW THING! Thanx Oscar!
LOL! My pleasure. :D
andyville

Post by andyville »

Yeah you're right - I know that paprikas, tomatoes and so on are all fruits - what I meant by "fruits" in the post above are the sweet fruits such as apples, oranges, bananas and so on. Sorry about the confusion.

I eat red paprika (delicious!), avocados, cucumber, carrots, tomatoes, some corn (not too much to - bad for your digestion), lettuce... I think that's about it! :) I eat all fruits/vegetables raw.

In conclusion my diet is pretty much the Wai diet - oils, sweet fruits and nuts. And just four meals a day.
huntress

Post by huntress »

How about your energy levels andy? Are you active, do you participate in any sports?
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

andyville ,

I've too been thinking that I don't like mixing olive oil with my fruits. I like it on my cucumber, tomatoe, avocado salad and thgat is about it. In my smoothies I put coconut (fresh or dried depending)

You think apples are too sweet? I cut back on bananas a bit and the obviouisly sweet things like dried fruits, dates, etc. I've been thinking apples could be on of my staple fruits.
andyville

Post by andyville »

I'd just like to point out that I jumped the gun a bit with the recommendations above; I'm still a beginner, and it's kind of ignorant to offer advice that contradict the original Wai diet when I have such little experience. I have found out that oil and orange juice is in fact no problem at all; what does cause problems, for me at least, is the combination of egg yolks and orange juice. So now I just take the egg yolks separately. I'm also focusing more on orange, and seriously reducing my vegetable intake - this has proven very beneficial for my running.

The bottom line is that I'm pretty much back on the original diet, without the nuts and no munch food whatsoever. Pardon me all you knowledgable people out there, such as Oscar and RRM, for questioning the diet with such little experience - I'm just a beginner you know :?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hehe no problem, questioning is good, and helps learning. :)

I also take my yolks separately now, with a drop of olive oil.
avalon

Post by avalon »

Since this is 'Various thoughts on the diet' I have a question and I haven't gone back to the book to look anything up...yet :)

Is sipping/drinking Orange Juice and/or with sugar included meant to be a regualr daily/mealy item? From what I do remember, it wasn't, and not included-mentioned in Wai's Sample Diet menu, but as an addition if energy was needed further. Shouldn't it remain a side order? as many people beyond Wai even have suffered serious tooth problems from a fruitarian style diet which Wai is to a large degree.

:?:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Now this is funny...you keep posting advising people not to drink OJ and/or take sugar (almost obsessively), and now you need to ask about it?? :twisted:

Wai speaks repeatedly about OJ:

Acne Sample Diet:
Olive oil, for example, can also perfectly be added to orange juice.
Juices from pressed fruits (like orange juice) or from the juice extractor are perfectly fine to consume,...
If you have problems ingesting enough energy, you should drink more juices (pressed juices, or juices from the juice extractor) instead of whole fruits (the fiber in whole fruits inhibits your appetite)
Diet suggestions:
1. Start your day with fruit-juice
2. Breakfast
A big bowl of mixed fruits, or blended fruit-juices:
...eat some more fruits, or fresh fruit-juices (as much as you like)...
(My emphasis)
you should first eat sufficient fruits (or fruit-juices)
Some other quotes:
Pressed juices (like orange juice) and juices from the juice extractor are most effective.
You can also just add the fresh raw yolks to fresh orange juice, and stir with a fork.
Or blend some fruits (or orange juice only, or tomatoes only), pour in the egg-yolk, and stir gently with a fork (stirred, not shaken).
And there are many more.

About sugar, sucrose is glucose + fructose, so I think she didn't see the need to mention "table sugar" specifically, but she does mention "plain sugar" and "sucrose".
Sugar for example is as essential as cholesterol is ; sugars are the main source of energy for the brain and muscles; dietary sugars (sucrose, starch, and even most fructose) are mainly transformed into glucose.
Dietary sugars; all different kind of sugars in our food, like starch, plain sugar (sucrose), maltose, glucose and fructose, which can easily be normally utilized as energy
(My emphasis)
You can also make a lot of orange juice. It is also wise to add some sugar and oil to your juices, to your taste of course.
(My emphasis)

Hopefully this makes it clear. :D