Munch-Foods

no testimonies, no problems; just ups and downs
avalon
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Munch-Foods

Post by avalon »

Why not share your experience with Munch-Foods in your Wai+ Diet. Are your munchies sweet, meaty or vegatable? Have you given them up altogether in favor of the 100% Sample Diet? Do Munch-Foods help you stay Wai?

For the moment, I do include munch-foods in my diet. Ranging from spinach, to canned tuna(seldom- once a month if that), brown rice. I'm lucky that I don't have much of a sweet tooth, so I find I don't want ice cream, cake, cookies. I might like some cottage cheese now and then. Mind you I haven't had any since starting Wai though. I'd like to have some Eggplant with garlic sauce sometime. It is one of my favorite foods.

anyway- heh heh 8)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I like your adoption of the "Wai+"...it works! :D
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

Just soy sauce with the sashimi really.

When I divert from Wai, it's usually for social reasons, as I prefer to digest some normal people's food to stay in touch with the rest of the world.

I don't have any cravings, but am thinking of integrating more easily digested vegetables and herbs to my diet.
avalon

Post by avalon »

I'm not upset, but oddly amused that 'Munch-Foods' which is an integral part of the Wai Acne Book was moved from 'Foods in general' to 'Xperiences' in general.

This isn't Xperiences in general, this is foods in general...OMG! I am upset!

I barely even eat Munch-Foods, but again it seems that maybe Wai is playing them down now, which, is okay by me, only perhaps the book then needs revision.

Please note: I am grateful to be able to use this forum and learn from this forum. And It's my understanding that a forum is where discussion is open...so I'm simply expressing my belief that somewhere, between the old acne board and this one, Munch-Foods are no longer considered important in maintaining the 100% Sample Diet as Wai originially wrote.

Sincerely,
Avalon
avalon

Post by avalon »

P.S. How are Munch-Foods considered 'ups and downs'? I hadn't even seen that in the heading.

hmmm
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

Avalon,

Are you declaring a war on food purists?

My opinion is that in 6 months, a post on munch food will be in the "Other Opinions" section, hihi :lol:
avalon

Post by avalon »

Are you declaring a war on food purists?
Maybe I'll have too!!! It is rare for me to be realistic. Most often I'd rather be on some other planet in some other galaxy on some other day- but to anyone who has read the Acne Book- which includes cellulite and over-weight, clearly, in print, states what I've written before on the Wai vs Wai thread- that Munch-Foods are important if not necessary. Doest that make it tue for everyone? No. But did she write this? Yes.

So why the downplay?

Honestly, I'd rather Wai post a response something like, "After writing the book, I've since found it's better not to include munch-foods".

Xperiences in general- ups and downs! PLEASE!

Hey, everybody write in and maybe they'll change it back, like Paramount did with Star Trek :D
Oscar
Administrator

Re: Munch-Foods

Post by Oscar »

avalon wrote:Why not share your experience with Munch-Foods in your Wai+ Diet.
I guess it has been moved because it's about experiences, as you indicate...
avalon

Post by avalon »

I'd like to re-write that then, yes please :)
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

Well according to RRM, Wai has always consumed and still consumes regularly some munch food.

Otherwise, she would have never devoted so much space to munch food and come up with all the recipes in her book. This is obviously an important aspect of her diet.
avo

Post by avo »

Munch-foods are a part of the diet. But I believe it is optional; if you need munch-foods in order to stick with the diet, then eat munch-foods. But, if one doesn't feel the need to eat them, then they do not have to. Not eating munch-foods does not have any negative effects, and supposedly eating safe munch-foods do not have negtive effects either, at least in terms of skin-health and acne. But, realisticly, if humans are designed to mostly eat fruits and some animal products, completely raw, then eating something we are not designed to eat (bread, soup, rice, etc) should have some consequence on our body, no matter how small and unnoticed it may be. Wai never said that the natural diet of mankind is to eat fruit, yolks, nuts, fish, and occasional cookies. It is perfectly fine within the diet, because it does not effect the outcome much (getting acne free), but in the context of the optimal and most natural diet (and possibly healthiest), it does not make sense.
nick

Post by nick »

avo,

I agree with what you said. However, I think the thing with munch foods and this is the fact that by following this diet you are much healthier and when you eat some munch foods, your body is able to better respond to it. You aren't overburdening your body with tons of cooked food.

But yeah, I think this diet is optimal and depending on what you mean by optimal, I think eating a munch food every now and then can actually add more pleasure to this diet for some. Whereas others may only eat some munch foods once, twice or three times a year or perhaps none and still be happy. I could do it both ways, but not breaking out is much better and fish and yolks are like the most satisfying foods I have ever eaten in my life.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

RRM wrote:Actually, she believes that in an ideal world everybody would be on a 100% raw diet, but we (very obviously) dont live in such a world.
She does think it to be wiser to eat as little cooked foods as possible, particularly protein-rich cooked foods. Its just that we need to take in account 'how strong we are', and 'what other prioroties we have'.
Munch food is allowed so that you can maintain this diet and still enjoy it. 'The spirit of the wai diet' is this: eat as little cooked food as you can.
RRM wrote:Yes; the whole idea of munchfoods was that without it, most people wouldnt even start the 100% raw diet, or it would proof to be too hard very soon.
RRM wrote:Actually, the 100% diet is 'the goal', that however in many cases never may be reached, but thats of lesser importance, if your diet is at least mainly raw.
The whole idea of the munchfoods was that they are a 'means' to get and keep people doing / trying the diet, which will often result in people doing the diet 100% raw eventually.
:D
avalon

Post by avalon »

Hi Oscar,

I do agree with RRM...

But rather than quote RRM, how about quoting some Wai :D
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

Hi,

I just don't understand why munch food should be an issue for idealogical divisions. We are all here to learn. Even RRM eats munch food, for Christ's sake (mayonaise and ginger). Wai eats much more munch food.

I'm glad that they do, because it proves that they are real human beings, not some rigid food fanatics, or worse yet, hypocrites (how many scandales have we heard of food gurus or yogis cheating by eating "forbidden" items behind closed doors?).

The body is a very mysterious place. Unfortunately, we cannot say that who we are is just the sum total of what we eat. There are so many other factors. By taking into consideration that people may need "munch food", Wai shows her understanding of humanity. Not only that, she actually gives guidelines on how to overcome cravings and choose munch food wisely.

That part of the book is definitely here to stay, and I frankly cannot see why that's offensive to anyone out there, even those of you who are supposedly on the 100% sample diet (I say that's great, but that's just one of many variations of the Wai diet).