Munch-Foods

no testimonies, no problems; just ups and downs
Oscar
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Oscar »

Why do you think it's an issue or offensive?
avalon wrote:But rather than quote RRM, how about quoting some Wai :D
Because I think RRM knows exactly what Wai thinks, more than any of us on this forum. Most of us haven't even met Wai in real life. On the other hand, I didn't post this to renew the discussion, just to answer Avo's post. :)
avalon

Post by avalon »

I'm sorry. I don't think it's offensive.
avo

Post by avo »

Here is a good quote from Wai:
Q: Can the results last forever, Wai?

A: As long as you are not consuming any other food, you will not get a single zit again. EVER.
However, nobody wants to eat like that forever. That is why I wrote the book. The book includes lots of guiding, advice and loads of 'munch-foods'-recipes that can be included in the diet, to be able to enjoy all the good tastes of 'bad' foods.
It is about including as much of the least 'skin-polluting' foods in your diet to the extend that is acceptable for you regarding how clean you want your skin to be. So that YOU are in control instead of the acne controlling your life.
You decide how clean your skin must be, and you adapt your diet to that.
avalon

Post by avalon »

avo :D nice Wai quote.

Today, rather than saute my spinach with garlic in olive oil, I made a spinach garlic shake. Adding distilled water to fresh spinach and a tiny bit of garlic, blended. No oil today. Just a whim. I didn't like it as much, maybe because I'm more used to heating the spinach- but there is this undenyable feeling of goodness when you see such a vibrant color of green and the taste of garlic. :D
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

Hi Avo,

Thanks for the quote. I remember reading it and thinking that the idea of being "in control" of your skin instead of being "in control" of what you eat as really cool.

I'm not doing this diet for skin, but come to think of it, I do get one zit or two every once in a while. However, I've never been obssessed about this and it's not running my life. The Wai diet is about eliminating food that has perceptible negative effects and integrating food that has perceptible positive effects in one's life - no more, no less. Wai and RRM are there to bring the scientific basis to what we will instinctively feel eventually.

This is why I think there should be no ideological divisions because nobody reacts to the diet the same way.

So yeah, Oscar, what I'm saying is that this should not be an issue and everybody should respect everybody else's food choices.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Chin-Chin wrote:So yeah, Oscar, what I'm saying is that this should not be an issue and everybody should respect everybody else's food choices.
Okay, so who is not doing that?
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

I prefer not to name names so as not to provoke the wrath of certain members on this board :wink:
avalon

Post by avalon »

Chin-Chin :D
Wai and RRM are there to bring the scientific basis to what we will instinctively feel eventually.
WOW!!! I'm feeling it now Baby! Yeah! Oh, Behave :wink:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Chin-Chin wrote:I prefer not to name names so as not to provoke the wrath of certain members on this board :wink:
Well, if you aren't prepared to back up your claim, what good is it? Nothing more than a provocation in itself. ;)

In my opinion there hasn't been any disrespectfulness, until you mentioned it.
We've had a discussion about Wai's ideas and writings. No one has mentioned what other people should or should not eat. On the contrary, people have mentioned that everyone is free to eat as they like. So I'm a bit confused as how you reach your conclusion, unless you've utterly misunderstood, or misinterpreted, some posts/topics. :?
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

Is it me, or is this conversation turning in circles? :shock:
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Personally, I believe that making the same mistakes over and over again is sometimes essential to learning, so that turning in circles may be a very good thing, as we get to learn more about others and ourselves.
I also believe that we sometimes overstate things as a result of being emotional beings, which is perfect, of course. To me, emotions are the essence of life.
So, maybe, heated discussions / disagreements are a key element of the essence of this board?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Disclaimer: the following is my opinion only, not meant to tell anyone how to eat, not meant to disrespect other opinions or other eating philosophies.
(maybe I should include this disclaimer with all my posts...;))

I think there are two Wai diet discussion subjects:

1. Acne - The Free Acne Book
Two diets:
- Wai- (for lack of a better term ;)) or Acne Sample Diet - Wai without munchfoods
- Wai+ (in the book the diet doesn't have a name) - Wai with munchfoods

2. Optimal Diet
There is no Wai book, nor an explicit explanation of what Wai thinks is the optimal diet. Yet there is enough information to draw certain conclusions.

Discussing munchfoods:
- How can we define munchfoods? I think the only way to define munchfoods is: 'all foods not on the Wai- diet'.
- What does Wai say about munchfoods?
Wai wrote:In this diet the sole purpose of eating munch-foods is to satisfy your cravings.
Wai wrote:Simply choose those munch-foods that contain the least protein and salt - preferably those that contain plenty of fat (real butter / cream / olive oil) and/or sugar, and also taste the best.
So does this mean munchfoods are not allowed? No.
Does this mean everyone has to eat Wai- in order to adhere to the Wai diet rules? No.
Does this mean discussions about munchfoods are un-Wai? No.

But I think it's good to keep these things in mind. :D
Hopefully this helps to make things clearer. :)
Last edited by Oscar on Tue 30 May 2006 15:36, edited 1 time in total.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Oscar wrote: How can we define munchfoods? I think the only way to define munchfoods is: 'all foods not on the Wai- diet'.
I dont agree, as we have given specific information about what is considered 'suitable munchfood' while on this diet (low protein, high fat/sugar, cooked veggies).
So that, for example, cooked chicken is not considered a suitable munchfood.
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

I don't agree either, because the acne sample diet is the most restrictive diet. Some items are in the Wai diet but not in the acne sample diet which is an elimination diet.

For example, the acne sample diet forbids the blending of fruits, especially bananas, because this has been known to cause acne in some patients.
But blended banana is in no way a munch-food item.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yep, so we have (as you stated) more suitable and less suitable munchfoods, but munchfoods nonetheless. Preferably low protein, high fat/sugar, low in spices, low in additives, etc. Don't you think?