Sugar/Brain Problem

no testimonies, no problems; just ups and downs
nick
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Sugar/Brain Problem

Post by nick »

In the past 2 months I have been adding more oil to my orange juice in order to help my teeth.
By adding 40.5 grams of oil (3 tablespoons) to 16 ounces, about 1 pint, to my juice, this has helped keeped my teeth from feeling the effects of the acids.
I add about 40.5 grams of sugar to it as well.
This turns out to a 1 fat to 2.3 carb ratio.

However lately I have been feeling sluggish and lacking energy.
My brain gets a little tired and feels agitated.
So now I have added another tablespoon of sugar which makes it a 1 to 2.6 ratio.
But I still get those agitated feelings in my mind.
Also, my eyes have been seeing those dots that fly across your vision.
My eyeballs also feel like they have some pressure or are tense.
I have noticed this with these sugar fluctuations.

I will keep experimenting, but those feelings of stableness are less often then usual.
One thing I have noticed is that it is harder to tell when I need more sugar because since I have added more fat, I can feel less the effects of dropping sugar level.

Hmmm...
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Corinne also experienced slugginess when increasing fats. You seem to need a bigger ratio, but I'm not sure how to get that, besides adding lots of sugar while keeping the fats the same.

How much OJ do you drink per day?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

It just occurred to me, that it might take a bit for the teeth to harden/change after getting on the strict Wai diet. It could be something else of course, but you and Chin-Chin experienced the same symptoms, whereas Corinne and me didn't start sipping OJ until we were a few months into the diet.
Just a guess...
avalon

Post by avalon »

I just wrote this for the sugar oil thread:
I don't think Wai meant for juicing and or inclusion of sugar to be a staple of the diet. That is my belief. I think it was an 'if' for energy scenario. Just to clarify, yes the starw is important, though I am not recommending drinking juice day after day thoughout the day. And it is my understanding, it is very bad for your teeth in the long run.

I'll ad if you are drinking juice, even with a straw, even just eating fruits a lot, rinse with water after... this should help prevent deterioration of enamel. If you don't want the water to interfere with digestion, take a swig, rinse and spit.
Oscar asks a very good question. How much juice are you drinking? Forgive me, but is my opinion juice should be a side order. With Wai you can eat, carry food/fruit with you- yet juice, is concentrated- and man adulterated. I'm not saying it's bad, but not meant to be continuously ingested throughout the day. You shouldn't need such energy boosts if you are eating properly.

Experimenting might work and I hope you find the balance. Adding more oil could mean more trouble. Less is more. Tried and true.

Best wishes,
Avalon
nick

Post by nick »

I drink about 2 to 2.5 liters of orange juice everyday.
Adding less oil is better for my sugar level, but my teeth feel better with more oil.
If just add two tablespoons of oil to each bottle, then halfway through the day I can feel the effects of the acids making my teeth scratchy and softer.
rafaelo

Post by rafaelo »

nick, i used to have similar problems.

i'd be walking the halls of my work in almost a complete sluggish daze. it was awful.
rafaelo

Post by rafaelo »

btw, how is your skin doing?

are you off meds completely?
nick

Post by nick »

My skin is better than ever.
I have been on the strict diet for almost one year now.
huntress

Post by huntress »

Also, my eyes have been seeing those dots that fly across your vision.
Floaters. It's called floaters. It is caused by the condensing of the vitreous humor. I was told by my opthalmologist that excess sugar can cause the vitreous humor to condense. In addition to that, it may damage the blood vessel in the retina, in a long run, causing it to burst, and the vitreous humor may leak in between the retina causing it to swell, new blood vessels may form....etc, etc hence, creating a myriad of problems to your eye.
My eyeballs also feel like they have some pressure or are tense.
That is a classic sign that you have too much sugar in your blood (this is base on my experiences as well as my physicians). If you have an eye mask or you can also use a small face towel, apply a cold eye mask(or towel) on your eye. It will sooth the eyes and reduce the pressure.

Nick, I know that you believe in sugar and how it helps to increase your energy levels, but PLEASE, take my advice and don't add anymore sugar into your juices. You are young and you SERIOUSLY don't want to start loosing your eyesight at a very young age. I mean it.
nick

Post by nick »

Thank you Huntress!
The only reason I add more sugar is to make up for the oil difference.
But ever since I have made these increases I have noticed the effects.
I think I will have to buy some different oranges that don't take so long to ripen, cause the ones I have now, florida juice oranges never seem to ripen.

Thanks for the info as this makes sense!
Back to the problem solving table.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

As far as I know floaters can have different causes, and one of them is indeed shrinkage of the vitreous humor. I've never heard that excess dietary sugar can cause it, though excess sugar in the vitreous humor itself might.
Then again, I'm not an ophtalmologist...
nick wrote:My eyeballs also feel like they have some pressure or are tense.
Another possible cause is stressed eye muscles. If, for whatever reason, the eye muscles tense up, they will pull the eyeball out of shape, which will feel like pressure.

I'm a bit confused Nick, I thought I read in another post that you're only on the strict diet for 2 months now?
Last edited by Oscar on Wed 21 Jun 2006 03:02, edited 1 time in total.
nick

Post by nick »

I will look into the floaters in my eye.
:roll:

This is different than eye tension, which I have had before. This is a different type of pressure, not a straining.

How old is that post your referring to?
I have been on this diet on and off for about two years before I finally was able to stick with it strictly since about last july/august.
I can't believe its been that long.
People thought I would be dead before I would make it a year through.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hmmm, maybe it was an old post then...

Maybe you could experiment with drinking less juice. Like 1 - 1.5 liter instead of 2 - 2.5. See if that helps the problems. Of course less convenient... :?
huntress

Post by huntress »

Oscar, there are many reasons that may cause the floaters to appear. The reason to why I pointed out excess sugar is because of nick's post mentioning adding extra sugar which I strongly think might be the cause of it. I can strongly vouch for nick's experience because I went through the same problem with my eye as well.

Nick, the pressure in your eyes, does it feel like a huge pressure building up at the back of you eye, like it is expanding, putting pressure at the back and the bottom of you eyeballs, and your eyes feels like it heavy and buldging?

And to Oscar...for the LOVE OF GOD, do you really believe that sugar brings absolutely NO negativity to the human body at all?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

huntress wrote:And to Oscar...for the LOVE OF GOD, do you really believe that sugar brings absolutely NO negativity to the human body at all?
Did I say that? I think sugar, like all other things, can have negative effects, especially when taking in excess. But this excessive amount won't have effects on anything we can imagine, which is something quite a few people advocate. I've posted before a list from the internet, of possible problems which sugar can cause, which is totally ridiculous. Basically it comes down to: "don't eat sugar at all, because it causes every known disease to Man. Oh yeah we do need sugar, but eat as little as possible". :roll:

I'm just trying to keep thinking logically and scientifically, questioning everything I read. Otherwise you can go completely crazy on the internet. ;)

In my previous I just said: "I've never heard of it". Nevertheless I wonder how sugar would actually enter the vitreous humor. Can you tell me?