Sugar/Brain Problem

no testimonies, no problems; just ups and downs
huntress
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by huntress »

Oscar,

If you look at the anatomy of the human eye, you can see that the choroid layer contains blood vessels. As we all know, blood carries sugars. Need I say more?

The blood vessels in the eye is especially concentrated around the macula. If a new vessel if formed, it is very delicate and fragile. If the blood vessel is ruptured due to intense pressure from high blood sugar levels, it would cause blood and fluid to lead then an edema forms in between the retina and the choroid layer. Hence damaging the macula, which will slowly lead to vision loss and eventually to blindness.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Thanks for the info. :)

I have some more questions though:
1. how does a high blood sugar level rupture a blood vessel?
2. since the blood vessels in the choroid layer supply the retina, which is between the choroid and the vitreous humor, would the sugar reach the humor? And does the humor normally need sugar?
3. Normally the liver processes and distributed nutrients, according to what the body needs where. Assuming a healthy liver, excess sugar consumed will be transformed into bodyfat. So how would excess sugar ever reach the eye?
nick

Post by nick »

Huntress,

How soon did you notice the problems going away after you made the changes in your diet.
I still feel some pressure and see some floaters but it seems to be lessening which is good.
My eyes get tired and this morning everytime I sipped some juice I would get those blurry hard to focus feelings in my eye.

I added less sugar so perhaps it will take some time?

Thanks,
Nick
huntress

Post by huntress »

Nick,

I can't really say for sure, I'm sorry. I was confused and I didn't had any answers to the problem then so wasn't really monitoring myself and the changes that occured. But if your eyes are beginning to be blurry, again, that is a sign that your blood sugar level is high. It is great that the pressure is subsiding but that doesn't mean it wont come back again. Have you tried applying cold compression to your eyes? Try sipping the juice sans the sugar and monitor it for a week or so. I'll pray for your improvement nick.

And Oscar, the answers to those questions are in my previous post.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

huntress wrote:And Oscar, the answers to those questions are in my previous post.
I had hoped for some more detail. But please, answer question 3 for me. Again, if you like...just assume I'm a retard, because I cannot find the answer in your post..
huntress

Post by huntress »

Very well.
Assuming a healthy liver, excess sugar consumed will be transformed into bodyfat. So how would excess sugar ever reach the eye?
Let me ask you this, if all of the excess glucose is converted into fats, then there world would be left to worry about obesity and not diabetes, no?

Nick, here's a site that give a good explanation:
http://www.stlukeseye.com/Conditions/Di ... opathy.asp
huntress

Post by huntress »

Nick,

Here's another good website that explains the symptoms:
http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/d/diabeti ... mptoms.htm

Hope it helps and do keep us posted on your condition.
nick

Post by nick »

Thanks Huntress! I sincerely appreciate your desire to help me out and inform me!

I have decreased the amount of sugar and I feel much better, the symptoms are slowly but surely going away and that tension in my eye is leaving.
I think I got way overzealous about the sugar thang because of all the oil I added to help my teeth.
However, last night I came to an amazing but simple solution:
Just add some water to my juice to balance out the acidity and it has definitely helped.

In fact I think it is a good way to get around the acids in the juice for people who have dental issue with the juice.
nick

Post by nick »

Oscar wrote:As far as I know floaters can have different causes, and one of them is indeed shrinkage of the vitreous humor. I've never heard that excess dietary sugar can cause it, though excess sugar in the vitreous humor itself might.
Then again, I'm not an ophtalmologist...
Eye problems such as macular degeneration are symptoms of diabetics who oddly enough...eat too much sugar.
With high intakes of sugar this leads to eye problems and is a pre-sign of one being diabetic.
Although there are other reasons for macular degeneration.
But I think that with my high sugar intake in the past few weeks and these symptoms is definitely a strong correlation.

What do you think?
huntress

Post by huntress »

Are you implying that you are diabetic nick?
nick

Post by nick »

Oscar wrote: 3. Normally the liver processes and distributed nutrients, according to what the body needs where. Assuming a healthy liver, excess sugar consumed will be transformed into bodyfat. So how would excess sugar ever reach the eye?
In general, you can raise the sugar level as diabetics suffer from this.
Perhaps, the insulin system can't handle such a strain on it and it can't keep up with it thus the liver can't transform it into fats.
In each pint of OJ there was a total of at least 100 grams of sugar.
By drinking the same amount I always do, the sugar level would increase and it got harder for me to read my sugar-level because it was impaired.
This makes sense, as now that I haven't added any sugar, I can now feel my level go down alerting me to drink/eat more.
I missed that feeling and it feels good to feel it again.
huntress

Post by huntress »

Eye problems, especially with Macular Degeneration, can also be confused with Chorioretinitis, inflammed choroid and retina, which is caused by Toxoplasmosis infection. THis infection is a risk especially for people who have cats. That was what the doctors thought I had initially. But the ELISA test came back negetive for me having antibodies to Toxoplasmosis.
huntress

Post by huntress »

By drinking the same amount I always do, the sugar level would increase and it got harder for me to read my sugar-level because it was impaired.
Ah yes, that makes a lot more sense on why I was becoming so addicted to sugar and always wanting more and more. Do you think this could be an onset to diabetes?
I can now feel my level go down alerting me to drink/eat more.
I guess with time, patience and practice, we can get rid of this need for sugar fix by decreasing the amount of sugar?

And you are most welcome Nick. :D
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

FINALLY some answers! This is something to read more about.

And yeah, I guess you could take in too much sugar, Nick, but then your Energy Management isn't working as it should... :?
Come to think of it, 100gr per pint is quite a lot... :shock:
nick

Post by nick »

I was doing some reading into this eye problem which is called diabetic retinopathy, which means that high sugar levels do damage the blood vessels in the eyes, but that they can clear up in days, weeks, or months.

I've only had the symptoms for about 2 weeks at most, so hopefully I make a full recovery.
I still get those floater spots but less frequently and the pressure in my eyes has gone away.
Good sleep will help, I hope.