Papa John's Pizza & extreme heart burn

no testimonies, no problems; just ups and downs
rischott
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Papa John's Pizza & extreme heart burn

Post by rischott »

Hello all. Well, last night I had some munch food. I ate 2 1/2 slices of pizza without the cheese. About 1 hour after that, I felt pain in my chest, which I guess would be heart burn. The pain came in and out all evening, lasted through the night, and this morning my chest and heart are weak and every 40 minutes of so I feel the pain again. It was so bad at points last night, I couldn't breathe for a few seconds.
I have never really had this feeling before for so long. Could 2 1/2 slices of pizza really influence my body like that? IF so, what caused it, and shouldn't it be banned! I love the Wai diet, I'm constantly telling people about raw foods and everything, and once in awhile I'll eat munchfoods, and when I do, I sense a change in my body (usually a negative feeling). So, what the hell was in the dough and sauce that caused me a night full of extreme heart burn???
nick

Post by nick »

Well the opioid peptides in the wheat may have caused the breathlessness.
I once had a few slices of pizza but I never experienced those type of symptoms. Are you that sensitive to all wheat based foods?

What about cutting up some tomato, avocado and add some mayonaise to or a little salt to see how that works?

There are all those munch food recipes that may prove to be less problematic.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Wow, what a reaction!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

The explanation may be that your endorphin receptors (the ones opioid peptides act on) increasingly become more sensitive the longer you havent consumed food containing opioid peptides, so that when you then suddenly do ingest these peptides, their effect is multiplied.
The same goes for ingesting beta-carbolines.

Also, some people respond way more extreme to opioid peptides than others. It has been shown that eliminating the intake of opioid peptides by schizophrenics may result in curing some of them.
Dohan, F.C. ,Genetics and idiopathic schizophrenia. Am. J. Psychiatry 1989 / 146 (11) / 1522-1523.
Marty

reactions

Post by Marty »

Recently, I ate dried plums that had aspartame added...

It was a Taiwanese or Japanese sweet I bought in an airport-- I did not read the label carefully. In a hotel room, I recognized what was happening, and had hours of reaction to it-- total distortion of perceptual and cognitive processes... other extreme reactions of the body...

At such times, a greater sense allows the mind to fall away from the body-- for one to realize what is happening, although it is not fully grasped mentally. It was a very strong reaction--mostly of the brain; one can actually feel when this is physically tensed, or recoiled due to some poison-- but it was testament again to the power to observe and not panic when the body is in distress. It also seemed to me that the mind and the body are perceptual objects: entities we can become accustomed to-- but that there is another sense through which they can both be observed.
avo

Post by avo »

Sounds like there was something more than just aspartame in those plums... :wink:
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

In some people the body reacts very adversely to aspartame.
avo

Post by avo »

Doesn't seem very 'adverse' the way he described it.
Marty

adverse

Post by Marty »

I think when you really welcome what happens with the body, you learn a lot...

Which is not to say you should go out and eat aspartame (MSG; etc.)....

When you are ill, you have no choice but to listen to the body.
avo

Post by avo »

Would you have any experience in order to compare it to a recreational drug? Or was it more of an actual sickness, as opposed to a out-of-body/mind experience?

Just curious, really.
Marty

reactions

Post by Marty »

There are many substances that for different people trigger allergies or symptoms that affect thinking.

At such times, there is an opportunity to see that one is not dependent utterly on the mind... that one has a sense even to feel that the mind is just a part of what you are.

I think at times that you feel the body this way, too... and it is not so much 'out-of-body' as realizing your body extends beyond the boundaries of the 'seen' body (of where your skin is). I do not think it is dependent on taking substances at all, of course. But when you have this sense-- or when you have had many experiences of illness-- you can weather illness very well, because you can feel how transient it is, but you know what it is in you that is not transient at all. There is very much about one that is neither the body or the mind-- because of course both of these things are tools; they are not ultimately what you are.