very sick from raw eggs

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
Lyn
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

very sick from raw eggs

Post by Lyn »

8) Hello, I haven't posted in ages. I've been on Wai's diet and eating raw egg yolks (5 a day) for years now and haven't really had any problems....occasionally I'd get a few cramps from some questionable eggs and sometimes a little diarrhea or whatever but last night I was so ill. 2 days in a row prior I experienced diarrhea with the whole sick feeling that comes with it but after I'd leave the bathroom (sorry for the details) I'd be fine. Then I skipped a day with the yolks and had salmon and no episode the next morning....but then last night, 2 hours after eating just 3 yolks I felt another episode comimg on...It lasted for 4 hours and I ended up vomiting and well felt like hell...Thank God it only lasted 4 hours...the eggs I buy are usually pretty fresh... with the whites nice and thick usually...Now I'm very apprehensive about touching another yolk for a while....I'm very perpelexed as well because I thought my body was capable of handling bacteria much better...I haven't been doing anything differently.....I don't know....any thoughts anyone? :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

There must have been something in the eggs that isnt there normally.
It may be any contamination, from contaminated feeds, for example (a toxin, heavy metal, etc).
As your body now had a bad experience with the yolks, it will react by vomiting even if the yolks are perfectly all right; its a protective measure; 'just to make sure'.
Its best not to eat yolks for a while, and then, after a few weeks, you start re-introducing egg yolks to your diet again. First by consuming just a teaspoon daily for 3 days, and subsequently double that intake every 3 days.

Please keep us updated!
Lyn

Post by Lyn »

Thank you RRM! Will do!
nick

Post by nick »

Hey Lyn!

How is everything going with the diet and life in general?
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

First time i ate raw tuna, i ate waaaayyyy over the limit. My body just wasn't use to it.

That night i honestly thought i may die.

I was so close to taking myself to the hospital but i was just too tired from diarrhoea and vomiting simultaneously!

He he he that was fun!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I twice tried to eat raw supermarket salmon, and both times it had been previously frozen and made me throw up. It didnt feel like fun though... :?
avalon

Post by avalon »

Thankfully I have never had any issue with raw fish. Or, a year on yolks so far(fingers crossed). The last time I was sick was a Wendys #2 Value Meal- and that's exactly what I got :shock:

Lyn, this may be a stupid question, but what else have you been eating? Other than raw yolks.

Best wishes,
Avalon
avalon

Post by avalon »

I'd like to add how grateful I am to the Fish Gods that I have been a Sushi Freak for over twenty years and to my knowledge have never suffered any ills from it. Knock on scales.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

RRM wrote:I twice tried to eat raw supermarket salmon, and both times it had been previously frozen and made me throw up. It didnt feel like fun though... :?
Fuck me that is harsh!

No throwing up is definetly not fun! :lol:
Lyn

Post by Lyn »

Hey Nick! I've been doing well, thank you :) my kids have been keeping me busy...I'm staying faithful with the diet 95% of the time I'd say...whenever I stray too much I pay for it on my skin (of course) and my whole digestive system goes out of whack and I start feeling very sluggish...I've been able to include more munch food than I used to...my family eats alot more raw food since I've been on this diet...my son will actually eat avacados now and he asks for olive oil with some of his food and likes the nuts I buy..... How are things going with you?!

Avalon, hello there...well, on an average day I eat eggs (or salmon sashimi),avacados,olive oil,carrots,tomatoes, cukes,dried fruit,fresh fruit and berries,nuts,potatoes,sprouted grain bread no salt....and then occasionally(shame shame) I'll eat sushi with the pickled ginger!....I do eat out every once in a great while (my last escapade was pizza hut a few months ago :shock:)....through trial and error (like all of us I'm sure) I've figured out what
I can get away with and what I can't...ouch!.......my brother calls me the girl that doesn't eat.

8) I have another QUESTION...I should know this but anyway...will I need to eat the fish every day now until I start the yolks again or can I skip some days? Thank you!
avo

Post by avo »

I feel sick (stuffy/runny nose, fatigued) 20 hours after having eaten salmon, which I usually don't eat. I'll keep it that way, I think.

Oh, and drinking yolks + OJ makes me gag, but I do it anyways because I cannot handle even 50g raw fish every day.

What a crappy situation.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Try seabass if possible (I like it with a little lemon). It tastes very different from Salmon and Tuna.

8)
Negativity is the cult of the weak
avalon

Post by avalon »

avo, have you tried a Creme brulee, without the creme? The only way I've liked yolks with OJ was in a blender and that was years ago, before Wai. You can do this cold or by adding a little warm water, hot enough to warm, but not cook the yolks.

Warm water in in a pan, don't boil. Add sugar(for desired sweetness). When the sugar is all dissolved, remove from heat and let cool to desired temperature. Add 1 or 2 tsp of vanilla(optional) and add yolks. 4-6 up to you. Whisk gently by hand and drink. If you can get fresh coconut water, even better.

Best wishes,
Avalon :D
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Lyn wrote: I'll eat sushi with the pickled ginger!....
Ah, yes, thats so good... :P
unfortunately, my skin doesnt tolerate it... :(
will I need to eat the fish every day now until I start the yolks again or can I skip some days?
It depends on how sensitive your skin is to too much raw protein. I have to eat fish/yolks every day to be able to eat enough and yet not too much.
If your skin is not that sensitive to high intakes of raw protein, you can perfectly alternate fish-less days with days of eating quite a lot of fish (like 150 to 200 grams for a woman)
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

By the way with Sea Bass. Just lay the fish next to a piece of lemon. Don't squeesh juice over the fish because its very strong.
Negativity is the cult of the weak