How often do i have to consume fish...

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
dionysus
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

How often do i have to consume fish...

Post by dionysus »

How often do i have to consume fish...for the nutritional value?

To my knowledge, i require sashimi for B-12.

I am student at the moment, am i'm very broke. :|
Negativity is the cult of the weak
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Also consider how much. Once I realized how little fish you need per serving, I realized how much I can save. I used to eat a big salmon steak every time I wanted to eat fish. Now I know a few ounces here and there are all I really need.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Fish is also needed for omega3 fatty acids. I personally eat 100-130gr of fish 4 times a week. This will cost me around €11 per week.
nick

Post by nick »

Having been on the diet for over a year, I find that eating fish 3-4 times a week is the most optimal for me. It is so good for you and I don't think I would keep doing the diet unless I had access to it.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Cheers all for the replies :D

I'm thinking of cutting down to about 50g 3 times a week.

Think that would be alright?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dionysus wrote:I'm thinking of cutting down to about 50g 3 times a week. Think that would be alright?
For women its enough to eat at least 50 gram of raw fish or egg yolks every day.
Men need about 100 gram daily.
So, if you are a woman, and you eat at least 50 grams of egg yolks on all days that you dont eat fish, then its all right.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

I not a women, though i have often wondered what it would be like :wink:

mmmm....in a bit of a pickle just now monetary wise. How long could i go without fish before it becomes dangerous/serious. You are probably unable to answer such a question so its cool to not reply...
avo

Post by avo »

Fish is pretty cheap, if you know what to look for. Pick up a whole fish for 5-15 dollars (depending on type, size etc), and you have enough for at least 2-3 servings.
avo

Post by avo »

I used to eating raw fish is expensive, until I found out how little I need each day (or every other day or so), and that there are plenty of inexpensive fish that taste good also.

Eating out at a sushi place is the most expensive method, but I still do it occasionally with dates or friends. Just had some bluefin torro (fatty, belly part), it was $10+ for 4 slices.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Bit worried about my protein intake. (i have recently stopped using fruit as my main source of juice)

This is what i am currently at:

Protein quality...................................30.18%
Protein........................................37.88474g ..........63.00g

If i recall correctly, insufficient protein could cause acne?
Seth

Post by Seth »

dionysus wrote:If i recall correctly, insufficient protein could cause acne?
I stopped all eggs and fish for a week to see what would happen. It didn't exacerbate my skin at all, nor did I loose any weight. (I actually gained a half a pound.) In fact, no ill effects were present at any time. After the week, however, I started to crave fish. So that night, I went and ate some fresh sashimi, which completely satisfied it. At this rate, it would appear that my body does not have any need for 5+ egg yolks or fish every day.

I will try it again for another week to see what happens.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dionysus wrote:This is what i am currently at:

Protein quality...................................30.18%
Protein........................................37.88474g ..........63.00g
Depending on your size and level of physical activity, thats ok.
If i recall correctly, insufficient protein could cause acne?
Usually it doesnt (and only makes your skin more clear), but it can in some cases; it really depends on how much muscle protein is released in the blood in a certain timespan, codepending on physical activity.
But, of course, protein deficiency should be avoided because of the adverse health and muscle effects.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Thanks RRM.
Love to hear how the experiments go Seth :)
avalon

Post by avalon »

Seth wrote:
I stopped all eggs and fish for a week to see what would happen.
Very intersting! This is a goal of mine, to cut back animal foods to maybe something like the supposed Hunza- every ten days or so. Maybe for good. I struggle with the right or wrong of flesh eating, but not enough yet to believe we can live healthily without any. It's great that you trusted yourself to go have Sashimi!

Best wishes,
Avalon :D
Seth

Post by Seth »

avalon wrote: Very intersting! This is a goal of mine, to cut back animal foods to maybe something like the supposed Hunza- every ten days or so. Maybe for good. I struggle with the right or wrong of flesh eating, but not enough yet to believe we can live healthily without any. It's great that you trusted yourself to go have Sashimi!
So far it is nearly two weeks and other than protein from Bananas and OJ, I have not had any other protein. I am curious to see what happens on Sunday when this was the day last week my body started telling me it wanted more protein. Still no bad side effects whatsoever from not taking eggs or fish on a daily basis.

I found a great Japanese place in the area that gets most of its fish fresh and doesn't freeze it. The hard part is not eating too much. I used to hit all you can eat sushi places and down 80-90 pieces with no problem. :)