Frustrated; cant get fresh eggs nor fish...

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
nini
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Frustrated; cant get fresh eggs nor fish...

Post by nini »

First, nice to meet all of you! I would so much want to follow the Wai diet, for cellulite and for health reasons, but there are serious constraints out here (Africa). I think it would suit me very well, because I am trying to get away from all the fiber of a raw food diet, which does not suit me at all. But what can one do in a place where there are only non-organic battery eggs (which I abhor), where the only fish available is frozen or tinned, and the only frozen fish which is affordable is bad smelling mackerel? Even the cat does not want to touch it, I think that says something :(
Any suggestions? What would you do :?: Is there any way out? Thanks!
avo

Post by avo »

Perhaps you can find some fresh meat, either game meats or beef. I'm not sure on what the laws are regarding processing of meat to be sold, but it is possible that you could find some that is raw (not pastuerized or radiated) and grass-fed, organic or even just high-quality all natural meat.

Remember, you do not need all that much animal food, so if you, say, bought some (expensive compared to mackerel) frozen salmon or tuna it is better than nothing. And it will go a long way, if you only have 50-100grams a day.

I find it odd that you cannot find a supplier of fresh eggs out there. Surely there must be someone not too far that raises hens for eggs... If it comes down to it, buy yourself a couple hens and a coup for them, then you will have the freshet eggs possible all year long.

Good luck!

But please don't eat the cat. :(
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Welcome. :)

Where in Africa are you? Any possibility of getting something delivered through internet?
nini

Post by nini »

But please don't eat the cat. Sad

It it comes to the worst.... :wink: : our cat is 100 % raw....

I have been hunting for eggs today, no success so far. Keeping our own hens would be super, but not practical for us, we are in the middle of the city. And big economical problems and fuel shortages. I am not going to tell you which country I am in, the 'boss' will throw me out if it gets known that there are shortages out here. Still trying to work out something.

Some more questions if you don't mind:
1 Do we need the raw animal flesh for essential amino acids? Or is it only for the cholesterol, the vit D and the vit B12?

2 Is one allowed to supplement with DHA (either from algae or from fish oils) and vitamin B12? We get plenty of vit D out here in the sun.

If the animal flesh is not needed for essential amino acids, then may be we can get by with supplements? And there is still the cholesterol issue of course.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

nini wrote:1 Do we need the raw animal flesh for essential amino acids? Or is it only for the cholesterol, the vit D and the vit B12?
For all of these, and also omega 3 fats.
However, raw Brazil nuts can compensate for the amino acids, but not the vitamin D, B12, cholesterol and omega 3 fats.
2 Is one allowed to supplement with DHA (either from algae or from fish oils) and vitamin B12? We get plenty of vit D out here in the sun.
Not on the acne sample diet, but if you are not susceptible to acne, of course, you can supplement. In that case you still need the Brazil nuts.
I would recoomed fish oil for supplementation of all omega 3 fats.
And there is still the cholesterol issue of course.
Indeed...
nini

Post by nini »

Thanks RRM... Locally we can get unshelled pecan nuts, unshelled macadamia nuts, and unshelled sunflowerseeds, and imported unshelled sesam seeds. Are any of these good enough to replace the raw Brazil nuts for the essential amino acids?
And would flaxseed be good enough for the omega 3 fatty acids?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

The unshelled macadamia nuts would do. Not sure about the protein quality of the pecans, but don't eat the sesame/sunflower seeds.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Indeed. Allthough the protein quality of sesame seeds is very good in theory, in practise they are hard to digest because of all the antinutrients they contain.
goodfella333

Post by goodfella333 »

So now meat is acceptable? I thought cooked meat was a no-no. I'm confused.
Frost

Post by Frost »

it is. if you read the rest of the thread you would know nini's situation. there are no fresh eggs or fish in his region.
goodfella333

Post by goodfella333 »

Frost wrote:it is. if you read the rest of the thread you would know nini's situation. there are no fresh eggs or fish in his region.
oh ok..but meat still causes acne according to the wai diet correct?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Cooked meat = bad => acne. The 'dirty' protein induces water retention, which causes acne.