Salmon and Cellulite, redundant protein

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
johndela1
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by johndela1 »

I think I know what you mean. I know my last meal can seem to affect the way I look. Certain foods can give me a soft look and other foods dont' seeem to change my look.
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

Well yes, and it also depends on if I eat bigger meals or normal meals. Bigger meals make me hold more water too.
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

So, maybe you can experiment with your protein and try to establish the right amount for you? (for me, its 133 gram i have found out, for example)
RRM, do you mean you can tolerate 133 g of protein or 133 g of sashimi?

I might be ok with about 32.4 g of protein (12 yolks), but I'm definitely not ok with 50.5 g of protein. I'll figure it out sooner or later. If I understand correctly, the safe daily amount of protein from animal food is 10 g, plus 15 g if you eat munch foods. I'm gonna try 10 g of animal protein for a while until I'm not swollen anymore (I hope this won't take too long).
sungvimil

Post by sungvimil »

All this issue about water retention is very interesting! Thanks for dscussing this! :D

I have found that I can´t tolerate even moderate amounts of protein; neither raw or cooked. I have to eat much less than 1 gram of protein per kilogram of lean body weight if I want my nose, face and lower body not to look bloated.

I have to eat less than the RDA recommendations, and MUCH more less than the 2.2 grams (OR MORE!) of protein per kilogram of lean BW advocated by many training gurus.

The question would be if ¨the appearance with which we are happy¨ is a good sign of ingesting adequate quantities of esencial amino acids, or if we could be eating too little protein to sustain muscle tissue integrity and normal body functions.

Up to now, I didn´t lose muscle mass even when eating low amounts of RAF, though adequate caloric intake and weight training are esential to mantain my biceps, for example.

What is curious is that most people on ¨normal¨ diets are retaining water without knowing it. :roll:
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

DarkGalaxy wrote:RRM, do you mean you can tolerate 133 g of protein or 133 g of sashimi?
133 gram of sashimi.
If I understand correctly, the safe daily amount of protein from animal food is 10 g, plus 15 g if you eat munch foods.
No, with munch foods its a whole different (unpredictable) ballgame.
We are talking about protein from fresh raw foods only.
I'm gonna try 10 g of animal protein for a while until I'm not swollen anymore (I hope this won't take too long).
Its a matter of a couple of days.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

sungvimil wrote:I have to eat much less than 1 gram of protein per kilogram of lean body weight if I want my nose, face and lower body not to look bloated.
1 gram / kg bodyweight is quite a lot.
I have to eat less than the RDA recommendations
Those recommendations are based on the poor average protein quality of the SAD (safe levels), not on what we more accurately need (guide: amino acid profiles and recommendations).
The question would be if ¨the appearance with which we are happy¨ is a good sign of ingesting adequate quantities of esencial amino acids, or if we could be eating too little protein to sustain muscle tissue integrity and normal body functions.
If the latter would be true, I would be a skeleton right now, as im doing this since 1995, on a job with a very high level of physical activity (which 'eats' a lot of protein)
adequate caloric intake and weight training are esential to mantain my biceps, for example.
Absolutely; they are very much essential indeed (together with sufficient protein intake, of course)
What is curious is that most people on ¨normal¨ diets are retaining water without knowing it. :roll:
Exactly.
If you look at all those faces; 95% is swollen, regardless of total bodyweight.
sungvimil

Post by sungvimil »

RRM wrote:
1 gram / kg bodyweight is quite a lot.
The way I feel, sleep and want to look seem to agree with you.
133 gram of sashimi.
As I don´t have an accurate food scale I can´t determine the exact amount of RAF I am eating, but I am sure it has to be very little. I am experimenting right now to find out the highest amount of RAF I can daily ingest without retaining water at all.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

sungvimil wrote:As I don´t have an accurate food scale I can´t determine the exact amount of RAF I am eating
Please get yourself a digital scale (that actually measures single grams)
They are not expensive at all.
You cannot do without when you need to experiment with protein intake. Guessing is not good enough and it will only bring confusion.
sungvimil

Post by sungvimil »

Thanks RRM, I will try to get one of those digital scales. You are right, if I don´t measure accurately it will bring confusion, especially with meat/fish, not so much with yolks which can be counted as units.