Raw Salmon fillet

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
health
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Raw Salmon fillet

Post by health »

I just bought some Salmon fillet and was wondering perhaps if I can consume it?

Do I need to grave it first with anything? or could i just dip it in with lemon and eat it raw?

I read that ordinary graving includes salt, sugar and spices which is left over for a couple of days so that the bacteria in the meat dies, if not the meat can become piousness when consumed?...I’m a little bit worried but is that a necessary thing to do or could I just eat it raw?

The meat also expires in 3 days so it's fresh i guess...
Frost

Post by Frost »

in my experience almost all fish i have found, especially super market fish, has been frozen in the past and is therefor going to increase the odds of a break out. unless you live in a coastal area or some where near fresh fish, your going to need to do some serious looking for good quality fish.

and ya, i would recommend not eating salmon raw, as it is one of the highest ranked fish to have parasites. though like i said, its probably been frozen before, so the parasites are probably dead.

and dont eat salt. salt causes your cells to retain water. this is bad, not only because it increases blood pressure and causes you to gain alot of water weight, but because your skin cells also retain ALOT more water. this pinches sebum canals causing alot of break outs. do not eat salt. salt is not good in any amount. you get the (read VERY LITTLE) amount of sodium you need daily in fruits and vegetables you will be eating on this diet, as well as eggs and sashimi.

im in no way an expert, but i think i could share what i do know for sure.

go to a fish VENDOR (a place that specializes in fish) and ask where you can find sushi grade fish. sushi grade does not necessarily mean that it will be the kind of fish your looking for (unfrozen), but its one step closer. also, i have a question for anyone who knows, and i will post it on my thread as well. All commercial fishing vessels put fish on ice to keep it fresh, is that ok to eat to prevent break outs? im thinking that there is a difference between being frozen and being kept on ice.
avo

Post by avo »

Sushi grade is just the quality of the cut. Like Choice, Select, Prime, etc regarding meats. It is completely up to the grader to decide what is A+, A-, B, etc. It mostly is influenced by color, uniformity, sinew levels, etc. It is no more likely to be frozen than anyother cut of fish.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I've eaten supermarket salmon on more than one occasion without any problems. If your immune system is in good condition (used to raw egg yolks and/or raw fish etc) bacteria shouldn't be any concern.

Like Frost said, frozen fish can be an issue with acne, if one's very sensitive.

There's no need for graving/marinating; you can use lemon and/or olive oil if you like.
health

Post by health »

Well the one i bought is very pinkish in colour and looks fresh...it also dousen't look freezed or anything like that..they allways have new fish in that section plus the slizes are individual and not the same sizes..

Anyways i decided to cook them in the oven since my whole family is eating...what do you people think of mineralsalt? is that a good choice of salt..it says it only contain max 33.3% Salt (NaCI) and min 66% Kalium (Kcl)

Is Kalium safe?
avo

Post by avo »

Don't cook it in the oven. Don't put any kind of sodium on it.

Did you read waisays or anything about the Wai Diet?
Frost

Post by Frost »

www.theglobeandmail.com...2

good article on how much fish is actually frozen
health

Post by health »

Don't cook it in the oven. Don't put any kind of sodium on it.

Did you read waisays or anything about the Wai Diet?

Yes i do know what the wai diet is all about, but i did this because the whole family was eating from it, and they don't prefer "the wai way"

These days im only doing the wai diet 50% eatin about 3 raw egg yolks with fruit's n seeds everymorning and the rest of the day differeant fruits with juice and nuts n ect...and like a meal of "regular cooked food" as my "munchfood" i guess that works best for now 50% is better then not doin it at all or am i wrong here?
Frost

Post by Frost »

if your not worried about acne then munch food away. if you are worried about acne, then being on anything but 100% wai diet will cause break outs, more severely then if you were not on the wai diet at all.
health

Post by health »

if your not worried about acne then munch food away. if you are worried about acne, then being on anything but 100% wai diet will cause break outs, more severely then if you were not on the wai diet at all.
Im on the wai diet because of general health reasons, since it's better kind of food, I actually got break outs when i started the diet, i diden't have acne before it's probably because of the eggs but i feel more focused these days then before actually, and my sex drive is also higher once again i think it's because of the yolks
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yes, 50% is better than 0%. Because there will be less water retention, there can be acne in the beginning, that isn't because of the egg yolks.
health

Post by health »

Yes, 50% is better than 0%. Because there will be less water retention, there can be acne in the beginning, that isn't because of the egg yolks.
If it's not the yolks, then i would really like to know what you think it might be?

Also do you think it's 100% safe to mix a raw diet with a cooked one, I’m mostly thinking about the cholesterol in the yolks combined with some cooked oíls in the cooked food? Could that somehow create a problem together?

And yes water retention is something I easily seem to get on my face first but it has been somewhat less now on the wai diet, is there any special fruits you know of that especially deals with water retention? that would be great,

I would also like to add that I’m marinating some of that fresh raw fish from yesterday it's in lemon juice right now it's been there for 24h's is it okay to leave it for another 24h? or could I perhaps eat it now?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

health wrote:If it's not the yolks, then i would really like to know what you think it might be?
It is a good thing, a sign of the skin getting normal, not something specific which causes this.
health wrote:Also do you think it's 100% safe to mix a raw diet with a cooked one, I’m mostly thinking about the cholesterol in the yolks combined with some cooked oils in the cooked food? Could that somehow create a problem together?
If you prepare and/or consume them together it can be a problem, otherwise it should be ok.
health wrote:And yes water retention is something I easily seem to get on my face first but it has been somewhat less now on the wai diet, is there any special fruits you know of that especially deals with water retention? that would be great,
Only consuming less (cooked) protein and spices (esp. salt) improves that.
health wrote:I would also like to add that I’m marinating some of that fresh raw fish from yesterday it's in lemon juice right now it's been there for 24h's is it okay to leave it for another 24h? or could I perhaps eat it now?
You can eat it whenever you want.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

health wrote:
If it's not the yolks, then i would really like to know what you think it might be?
If you are not doing the diet 100%, it can be anything 'bad' that your still eat. Anything outside the sample diet.
If you realyy want to know, start doing the diet 100% until you are completely clear, and then gradually start adding back in (one by one) the 'baddies' that you want most.
I’m marinating some of that fresh raw fish
Dont use any salt(y) stuff.