Is wild alaskan smoked salmon ok?

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
Ducky
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Ducky »

It sounds like you didnt read the book.

The book and everybody's experience prove that "bad" protein and spices
make you break out.

Do you disagree? Did you find something that proves this theory wrong?
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I mean for example, too much protein (raw) can make some people break out. Does this mean that this is too much for them or is eating a lot of protein simply bad for everyone even if they don't break out.
fictor

Post by fictor »

Eating too much protein, or fat, carbs, vitamins or minerals of any kind for that matter, is bad for everyone, but how much is too much is different for everyone.

I agree with john on one point. The amount of protein that makes a person break out is not necessarily a good way to determine how much protein is too much for this person, not regarding acne, but regarding general health. On the other hand, the acne means that not all the protein is digested and used properly by the body, which might indicate that too much is consumed, also when thinking of general health rather than acne as a isolated factor.
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Ok, Fictor its not very clear of what protein you are talking about.

Because i think John's question was: why too much of "good protein" makes you break out.
Which is a legitimate question i was wondering too and i looked it up and now i get it.
The reason we didnt understand it, is that we read it in the book that "good protein" absorbed in the blood and "bad protein" is absorbed in the lymph-system that goes to the skin and retains water.

What escaped our attention all the same is that even "good protein" can be absorbed in the lymph-system if it wasnt digested, cut into amino acids properly for some reason.

"Lymphatics are especially designed to absorb these larger
molecules (like peptides). [6] This prevents nutrients from being lost due to incomplete digestion.
This function of the lymph is important because even raw food is not always completely digested.
To digest the food that is consumed, the digestive tract needs to be supplied with lots of fatty
acids (for energy) and oxygen by the blood. And there is also more blood required to transport
the absorbed nutrients. But when we are physically active, more blood is directed towards
muscles, and less remains for the intestines."

Now as we know that protein is the harder to digest between all the nutrients, the more you eat of it, over your actual need, the more you risk
to wind up with undigested proteins in your lymph retaining water in your skin.

I hope this helps and is logical enough as explanation.
fictor

Post by fictor »

Just to clarify, in my last post I was talking about raw protein, as I never eat heated protein what so ever, and just assumed you guys didnt either :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

fictor wrote:The amount of protein that makes a person break out is not necessarily a good way to determine how much protein is too much for this person, not regarding acne, but regarding general health.
Indeed.
Its just the skin that breaks out; its not a sign of malfunctioning of any organ, not even the skin.
On the other hand, the acne means that not all the protein is digested and used properly by the body
Actually, not necessarily. On can even break out when the blood / lymph amino acid level is elevated; which is protein that is properly digested into amino acids.
These amino acid levels can vary widely, and the higher levels can cause acne when the skin produces much sebum and one readily retains water.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Ducky wrote:What escaped our attention all the same is that even "good protein" can be absorbed in the lymph-system
Indeed.
Not "can", but "is".
Both the blood and the lymphe absorb and contain both amino acids and peptides (linked amino acids). Its just that the lymphe is especially / 'better' designed to absorb the bigger peptides. ('more adequately' designed to absorb (bigger) peptides)
...if it wasnt digested, cut into amino acids properly for some reason.

If protein isnt properly digested (cut up into free amino acids), then most of it will end up in the lymphe system, together with always absorbed amino acids.

So, even when all the consumed protein is perfectly cut into amino acids, even then we can still retain water if too much protein is consumed, due to elevated blood / lymphe amino acids levels (these levels can varty from 100 up to 900%!!!).
Of course, then much more of those amino acids are burned for energy, but in the meantime they already may temporarily have caused water retention, which may be enough to cause new zits.