Harmful supplements

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
chris m failla
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Harmful supplements

Post by chris m failla »

:roll: Hey now. My question of the day is about taking lots of vitamins(from the bottle), do you know if they cause insulin release for the pancreas. I ask my self this today because I remember Oscar saying that insulin stores excess nutrients, not just carbs or glucose. And he also mentioned that protein causes a greater insulin response than glucose. I hope your right about that by the way, cause Im rethinking about my stand on the Ketotis diet because of what you say. So back to question, if someone is taking vitamins and they really dont need them, then theoretical those EXTRA vitamins would cause the pancreas to secrete insulin, thus causing possible weight gain, and insulin resistance. What to do think?
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

If I find someone taking vitamins, I usually tell them to stop. I rarely have seen someone who can't just eat correctly to get all the nutrients they require.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Harmful supplements

Post by RRM »

chris m failla wrote:I remember Oscar saying that insulin stores excess nutrients, not just carbs or glucose.
It indeed does for example stimulate the uptake of amines in the brain (for conversion into neurotransmitters), and it stimulates the uptake of protein in muscles and the storage of fatty acids, but insuline does not stimulate storing of vitamins or minerals..
he also mentioned that protein causes a greater insulin response than glucose.
True.
if someone is taking vitamins and they really dont need them, then theoretical those EXTRA vitamins would cause the pancreas to secrete insulin, thus causing possible weight gain, and insulin resistance. What to do think?
No, but excess minerals / vitamins can cause a wide variety of other problems. http://www.youngerthanyourage.com/3/index.html