Is raw chicken ok?

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
Kookaburra
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Kookaburra »

I know beef is not recommended because it is always irradiated, what about chicken? Is chicken irradiated? Does RRM recommend it? What makes beef so 'special' that it has to be irradiated but not other meats?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Kookaburra wrote:I know beef is not recommended because it is always irradiated
We dont know actually. But its not always safe.
what about chicken?
In my experience, its always safe.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

B-Rad wrote:
joe_y wrote:Thanks for that. But do you know if I could get any parasites from raw chicken?
salmonella
Salmonella is not a parasite, but bacteria.
If you buy fresh chicken in a supermarket with a good reputation/name,
it never contains too much salmonella, in my experience,
and i have been doing that for years.

The good thing about bacteria is that your body gets trained to fight bacteria
if you are exposed to it regularly, so that the more raw chicken you eat,
the less vulnerable you are.
Just make sure that its fresh (check the date).
martianwarrior

Post by martianwarrior »

i just tried raw chicken breast for the first time this past weekend. very good! i enjoyed the taste. others say that it is bland and that was not the case. perhaps that happens after freezing.

somewhere on here, i believe i read that RRM puts egg yolks on raw chicken. if that was you RRM, thanks for the great idea. that's really good! i recommend it.

looking forward to the 120 grams i have left that i'll eat after my wednesday morning workout :P
"the purpose is not to disengage from the physical universe. the purpose is to manifest the essence of what you are so completely that you are an aspect of the creation of the physical universe."
B-Rad

Post by B-Rad »

RRM wrote:If you buy fresh chicken in a supermarket with a good reputation/name,
Don't tell me, tell the 150k+ people/yr. in USA alone getting infected by it
B-Rad

Post by B-Rad »

martianwarrior wrote:i just tried raw chicken breast for the first time this past weekend. very good! i enjoyed the taste. others say that it is bland and that was not the case. perhaps that happens after freezing.
If you season it alot, it wont taste like you're eating worms anymore
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

B-Rad wrote:
RRM wrote:If you buy fresh chicken in a supermarket with a good reputation/name,
Don't tell me, tell the 150k+ people/yr. in USA alone getting infected by it
That number is the total of salmonella infections, right?
Now you need to check how these infections happened.
How many of these 150,000 people bought chicken in the supermarket, and then ate it raw?

What usually happens:
People buy eggs (or chicken), make some dish with it, and store it in the fridge and eat it later.
Thats how salmonella multiplies.
B-Rad wrote: If you season it alot, it wont taste like you're eating worms anymore
Did you try it?
Kookaburra

Post by Kookaburra »

So, I tried a piece of raw chicken tenderloin yesterday. Boy, it is tasteless! Bland! Is it supposed to taste this way or is my raw chicken tenderloin not fresh enough? I did not have diarrhea nor did I feel sick.

BUT that same night, I had the best sleep/dream ever yet! 2 lucid dreams and a wet dream, in the same night! It felt so 'orgasmic'. I thought I am in heaven or something. I do not know whether the raw chicken tenderloin is the reason, but I am gonna eat it today again and see what happens.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Kookaburra wrote:So, I tried a piece of raw chicken tenderloin yesterday. Boy, it is tasteless! Bland!
Yes, compared to other meats, its bland.
BUT that same night, I had the best sleep/dream ever yet!
Ha ha, i think its a coincidence. :lol:
Kookaburra

Post by Kookaburra »

Well, I had another wet dream but no lucid dreams. It was not as great. Hmm... but my neighbour was having a party and it was probably due to the loud bassy music that spoilt my sleep. I shall try it again today.
Yes, compared to other meats, its bland.
Which makes you wonder, why does the chicken even have predators like foxes? Their meat has no taste at all, the chicken should have no predators!
Mother nature is funny.
Kookaburra

Post by Kookaburra »

RRM, why isn't raw chicken in the nutritional calculator?

I can't find raw chicken tenderloin in the USDA database, only raw ground chicken. Can I use that data? Are the nutritional values of raw chicken and raw chicken tenderloin more or less the same?

Lastly, I can't find the Souci website. Do you have the link?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Kookaburra wrote: Which makes you wonder, why does the chicken even have predators like foxes? Their meat has no taste at all, the chicken should have no predators!
Mother nature is funny.
Taste is a matter of luxury.
Taste is not important when you are hungry, when you need to survive.
When im really hungry, even raw chicken tastes great.
Only when something tastes really bad, it deters predators,
because that bad taste is usually a warning signal (toxins, mold etc)
gianni

Post by gianni »

My dog likes the taste of raw chicken. I can't smell raw meat; I can only smell it after it's cooked. But my dog can smell it even when it's raw.
Iris

Post by Iris »

gianni wrote:My dog likes the taste of raw chicken. I can't smell raw meat; I can only smell it after it's cooked. But my dog can smell it even when it's raw.
Hmm, I can perfectly smell the difference between chicken or beef for example, or salmon for that matter....
gianni

Post by gianni »

Iris wrote:
gianni wrote:My dog likes the taste of raw chicken. I can't smell raw meat; I can only smell it after it's cooked. But my dog can smell it even when it's raw.
Hmm, I can perfectly smell the difference between chicken or beef for example, or salmon for that matter....

You're right. I can smell the difference between chicken and beef, too. I think I was just thinking about the "cooked" smell because it is so comparatively strong. And dogs have a much more enhanced sense of smell than humans. I can smell the raw salmon, but I don't know if I would be able to tell the difference between that and arctic char, since it is also an orange fish. I don't smell anything distinguishable in tuna, do you?

Of course, out in the wild, before an animal catches it's prey, it smells the whole animal. And of course it is by instinct that an animal knows if it should eat grass or other animals. And the animals that eat other animals are not very picky. I have found more than one strange thing in my dog's mouth. At a certain time of year there are dead frogs on our street, and our dogs try as hard as they can to pick them up. Have you even taken your dog for a walk and you see it sniffing something invisible and it gets excited? Don't you wonder what it's thinking?
"SQUIRREL!" "RABBIT!" "DEAD FROG!"

Oh, sorry for digressing.