mixing fruit with yolk

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
sabie
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

mixing (by hand) egg yolks and fruit

Post by sabie »

I've been cutting up fruit and then stirring in one or two egg yolks in the morning (not first thing). I have been feeling weak, quesy and clogged up for a few days and I wonder if this may be the cause. I have mixed w/various fruits (usually two, maybe three) including oranges, bananas, kiwi, papaya, pear and mango. Should I avoid this and mix w/avocado instead (I like my avocado, tomato and olive oil soup though). :) I eat some of the fruit (I eat more slowly now) and then I have some of the olive oil soup. Or maybe there are fruits with certain attributes that I shouldn't use for this purpose?
jmbattle

Post by jmbattle »

From my limited experience of this diet, I understand that certain fruits do not combine well with eachother. Furthermore, I believe fruit in general - with the exception of bananas - should not be consumed with egg yolks.

However, I am sure someone more knowledgeable will chip-in shortly.

Kind regards,
James
x
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

@James: LOL :lol:

@sabie: You might have to experiment a bit what works for you and what not. I'm combining banana, pear, and apple with egg yolk, which seems to work for me. Apparently papaya is best eaten alone.
sabie

Post by sabie »

okay, yahhh, I ate papaya and egg yesterday and it was gross! I forgot a simple rule of thumb, if something tastes awful (in this case the texture) don't eat it! I love kiwi and have been eating them so I'll try the banana and kiwi and see.
benzapp

Post by benzapp »

sabie wrote:okay, yahhh, I ate papaya and egg yesterday and it was gross! I forgot a simple rule of thumb, if something tastes awful (in this case the texture) don't eat it! I love kiwi and have been eating them so I'll try the banana and kiwi and see.
Personally, I enjoy egg yolks the best after eating any and all fruit. If you haven't come to love the taste of egg yolks by themselves (and if you are on this diet for a while, you WILL) try mixing some sugar with the yolks. It is very similar in flavor to caramel. It is actually the base for a desert called a curd, but the mixture is heated briefly to thicken it up and melt the sugar.

The sugar will be crunchy, but its very delicious.
jmbattle

Post by jmbattle »

I'm rather partial to a little honey in my two egg yolks, personally... ;)

Yummy!

James
johndela1

mixing fruit with yolk

Post by johndela1 »

"- Don't eat fruits or anything else containing sugars or fiber within three hours after having eaten sashimi, egg yolk, or other food containing much protein."

This statement (from the book) seems to say mixing bananas and yolks isn't good.

Or drinking OJ (sugar) with yolks.
RRM
Administrator

Re: mixing fruit with yolk

Post by RRM »

johndela1 wrote:"- Don't eat fruits or anything else containing sugars or fiber within three hours after having eaten sashimi, egg yolk, or other food containing much protein."
The fiber most likely messes up protein digestion. Sugar to a much lesser extend, and for most people not at all.
This statement (from the book) seems to say mixing bananas and yolks isn't good.
It says "...after having eaten...". Thats because only once protein digestion is really taking place, the entrance of new food containing fiber may disturb that process.
Or drinking OJ (sugar) with yolks.
OJ contains very little fiber, particularly when u use a strainer (as i always do).
Try to find out what your body tolerates. (gasses, bloating?)