How long does egg yolk mixed with OJ stay fresh?

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
shubaca
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

How long does egg yolk mixed with OJ stay fresh?

Post by shubaca »

helo kind people,
If I want to drink a creamy oj (with egg yolk) does this means I have to drink it all straight away in order to keep the yolk's freshness :?:

FTWAI (for those who are interested)
right now i am still holding on to a big munch lunch but hopefully i would be able to let go of that soon(i dont control my cravings and my addiction to a fool belly:oops: )
claireelis

Post by claireelis »

i don't know the answer, but i am also wondering how long the egg yolk stays fresh. simliar situation: i'd like to pour it over the salad i make to bring to work - so i'd be on the salad in the container for 3-4 hours. would it still be ok or should we not risk it?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Egg yolks go bad very rapidly once the protective shell is gone; they are extremely susceptible to bacterial overgrowth once exposed to 'open air'. If you dont eat them immediately, you should throw them away.
Biev

Post by Biev »

I bet you've found a solution since it's already been 2 months, but I was thinking about that earlier today - my husband likes to eat raw egg yolk, and it's about the only thing in this diet that he's willing to eat for now, so I've been wondering how to incorporate it into his boxed lunches (well, dinners)... and I came to the conclusion that it's not that hard, just bring the egg still whole in something soft like a styrofoam cup, cut to fit the lunchbox so it doesn't move around or break. Of course it requires breaking it over a sink during your lunch break : )
Brazilnuts

For how long can I refrigerate egg yolk mixed with OJ?

Post by Brazilnuts »

Hello all,

Does anyone know how long I can refrigerate egg yolks mixed with orange juice? It will be refrigerated for a MAXIMUM of 10 hours. Surely the egg yolks would still be safe to consume within these 10 hours?

I did a search but could only find this, which does not answer my question as it refers to egg yolks stored at room temperature.

I am very pressed for time at the moment and I find food preparation a chore. I am also trying not to eat all my egg yolks in one go, but spread out over the day. I was thinking of just doing all the MESSY :evil: :x yolk separating business early in the morning, then mixing the yolks with orange juice and refrigerating it in three small air-tight containers so I can consume over the course of the day.

Can someone please tell me if this is okay?

Thank you.
Brazilnuts

Post by Brazilnuts »

By the way, this is what I found online:
Egg yolks can be stored for three days in the refrigerator. Cover unbroken yolks with a
little water. If yolks are broken, press plastic wrap onto the surface to exclude air.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

In my experience 10 hours in the fridge is fine.
Brazilnuts

Post by Brazilnuts »

johndela1 wrote:In my experience 10 hours in the fridge is fine.
Thank you. If you don't mind, can you please tell me how you store the yolk? Do you live it in the bag/membrane, or drain it? What kind of material do you store it in (plastic or glass)? How many yolks do you store together at the same time?

Thank you.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

If you want to keep the yolks in the oj, you should use a glass or plastic cup that you can fill up to the max, so that when you cover it with plastic, there is no room for air.
Brazilnuts

Post by Brazilnuts »

RRM wrote:If you want to keep the yolks in the oj, you should use a glass or plastic cup that you can fill up to the max, so that when you cover it with plastic, there is no room for air.
Good advice. Thanks RRM :)
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Brazilnuts wrote:
johndela1 wrote:In my experience 10 hours in the fridge is fine.
Thank you. If you don't mind, can you please tell me how you store the yolk? Do you live it in the bag/membrane, or drain it? What kind of material do you store it in (plastic or glass)? How many yolks do you store together at the same time?

Thank you.
I make a smoothie with egg yolks, bananas, apples, dates, walnuts. I then keep it in a glass bottle in the fridge.

I also mix yolks with OJ and keep than in the same conditions.

Some times for up to 24 hours.
Brazilnuts

Post by Brazilnuts »

johndela1 wrote: I make a smoothie with egg yolks, bananas, apples, dates, walnuts. I then keep it in a glass bottle in the fridge.

I also mix yolks with OJ and keep than in the same conditions.

Some times for up to 24 hours.
Wow, that sounds awesome! Thank you. :D
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Be aware that smoothies are not good for the skin if you are susceptible to acne.
summerwave

yolks and air

Post by summerwave »

One may vacuum-seal a container (Zepter makes a system called VacSy) and this helps a bit with raw yolks/juice.

The containers Zepter sells have a large surface area for the substances inside (they are squarish, not bottle-shaped) but I use them for juice and yolks this way. I take them to a worksite refrigerator and consume a portion during the day at work like this.

This is a beautifully-designed diet and I am so glad to find what the body really needs; it is perfect to me.