Cooked / seared seafood for munch food?

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
Biev
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Cooked / seared seafood for munch food?

Post by Biev »

I'm trying to figure out what I can and can't eat from the restaurants around here. A lot of them just sear their fish or seafood a little bit, so it doesn't seem as terrible as I'd imagined at first. I think I remember reading that shrimp, clams, squid, scallops and conch were acceptable munch foods, but oysters were a no-no (they're gross, so I don't care XD)

Clams are always cooked, right? And I'm assuming the rest is okay as a munch food when cooked, too, although the less cooked the better?

I'm wondering about lobster and crab... from the acne point of view. I mean, I realize that all cooked food has HCAs regardless, but that won't stop me from having a little bit in a restaurant once in a while... but I'd also like to know that (in theory at least, since I won't know until I really test it) I won't wake up with new pimples in the morning.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

As far as I know the best munch foods are the ones with the least protein in them, so fish wouldn't be so good. But I'm not a munch food expert. ;)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yeah, from the acne point of view, all seafood is a bad choice for munch food.
If i were you, i would start experimenting with less bad munch foods, such as vegetables, and see how your skin has been reacting after a few weeks.
Biev

Post by Biev »

The least protein the better. Gotcha!
Ducky

Hard boiled egg

Post by Ducky »

For those having difficulty consuming raw yolk on the long run wouldnt hard boiled egg be ok?

I mean its boiled just a little untill the white gets hard but the yolk stays fluid.

Of course i mean that after the sample diet.

I dont think it would be that bad because the yolk didnt get in touch with fats and it is still kinda liquidish.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

In our opinion, cooking is bad.
So, in our opinion, hard boiled eggs are bad, particularly when HARD boiled.

If you want to have eggs for munch food, thats 'not bad for your cholesterol' , make fried eggs from the egg whites only, and once your done (and you have turned off the heat), add the egg yolks on top, so that they only get a little warm.
Seems to be delicious.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

In a new hard boiled egg thread, ducky wrote:
From the book:

"When food is heated (or frozen) in whatever way, some of the cholesterol is oxidized."

When you boil an egg in its shell, its not in touch with the air so maybe it
wont get oxidized.
There are many different ways of oxidation; one of them is direct contact with the air. Oxygen is not just in the air, its everywhere, including inside the egg (and your body).
Thats also why you need antioxidants inside your body; to balance the oxidation processes going on in your body.
And metals, for example, are also pro-oxidative, as are many other 'radicals'.
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Thank you, that makes sense!

May i ask if you break out from hard boiled eggs and to what degree:
much, little?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

To what extend that is individually different.
You can find out how much acne it causes in you by going 100% strict for a few weeks
and then add hard boiled eggs back into your diet.
Then you will know.