Weakened immune system & raw egg yolks

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
Biev
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Weakened immune system & raw egg yolks

Post by Biev »

Whenever I'm sick (which is often) I get a little nervous about eating raw animal food, since my defenses are weaker. On top of that, I have to take antibiotics for at least two weeks (more if this kind doesn't work and I need to try another...)

I know wai says not to take antibiotics during the sample diet since it weakens the immune system, but how long can I go without eggs? I get some protein anyway from nuts and munch foods, but I sure miss the happy cholesterol : c
MJ

Post by MJ »

Remember that the sample diet doesn't contain munch foods. If you are eating munch foods, you aren't doing the 100% pure form of the Wai Diet anymore.

If you get sick that often, I wouldn't eat munch foods, especially cooked food, until you have built up a much stronger immune system. Munch food is to satisfy your cravings, but simply put- it is crap for your body. So, in my opinion, if you want to have the strongest immune system possible, you need to not put any garbage in your body. Yes, that may mean you may have to make a sacrifice, but nothing of value in life comes without sacrifice.

I don't know what kind of illness you have, however, I firmly believe that most illness can be resolved without standard medical attention. However, rushing to the doctor and getting meds is almost second nature for most people and it is a hard habit for many to break. Remember that constantly taking antibiotics weakens your immune system. My mother used to be on so many meds that the doctor eventually had to tell her to stop taking them because her immune system was never allowed to work on its own which make it really weak.
Biev

Post by Biev »

Yeah, I know. My not-so-strict diet now, is a compromise that I do for my husband, mostly. I do think the flexibility makes eating out so much easier, particularly when invited to dinner at someone's house, and it's also a great help when I'm low on groceries... but three more weeks, and I'll be living by myself and within walking distance of the grocery store, so I plan on making my diet much more strict.

As for the antibiotics, I understand that they're an extreme measure, but I don't have a choice. I have chronic urinary tract infections, I bleed, the pain is unbearable, and it's important to treat it right away because the infection can easily spread to the kidneys and become much more serious and harder to treat.... Each one is more painful and serious because I get them so often that my body is used to them.
MJ

Post by MJ »

I would highly suggest reading a book called "We Want to Live" by Aajonus Vonderplanitz. He is the creator of the Primal Diet. Though his raw diet is a bit different from the Wai Diet, he has some excellent insight in regards to raw food and health. His book has a very strong emphasis on using raw food to cure illness.

The reason I mention it is because on another thread you mentioned that your constant UTI may have something to do with your kidneys. I looked in Aajonus' book and that is something that he mentions and he also mentions some dietary suggestions on how to deal with it.

Though I follow the Wai Diet, I like many of the ideas of Aajonus and I think it is worth looking into.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

As long as the yolks are really fresh, a weakened immune system will have no issue with them.
As a matter of fact, in many african and south-american cultures, raw egg yolks are given to sick people,
to make them stronger.
I have been told this on different occasions by people from Mexico, Guatemala, Congo, Nigeria and Ghana.