Vegan vs. Wai, and Animism

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
Remembrance
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Vegan vs. Wai, and Animism

Post by Remembrance »

For a year and a half I struggled personally with my energy levels as a Vegan. I tried everything from 100% raw foods to a largely grain based calorie intake. Two weeks ago, I started experimenting with animal products (raw fish, egg yolk)... and finally.... I feel alright again.

I think I've always, deep down, considered my self an animist... seeing all life as part of the big Soul, but I had convinced myself that a Vegan diet caused the least ammount of suffering. I'm sure some people are alright with a Vegan diet, but everyone has a different body, and I was judging others so harshly.

Are there any other former Vegans on the forum who started, at least, eating egg yolk when transfering to this diet? Have you found that you are stressing out less about your food in general? Before, I felt like eating caused suffering, but now I feel as if (since life in some form must be consumed to go on living), that I'm assimilating the fish, egg, etc., into a higher form of consciousness.

I've decided to go full on Wai. I'm including the culinary fruits, wild chives, sun dried fruits (sparingly), honey, and nuts.... but I might experiment with the strict diet eventually.

So lets hear it =)
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I don't think I'd appreciate a higher form on consciousness eating be.

I used to be vegan for some of the same reasons you talked about. I one day learned (mainly from this website) that there is a lot of vegan propaganda and came to conclude that the healthiest way to eat is to include animal protein.

Animals eat animals, should we stop them? The universe is a violent place...
Remembrance

Post by Remembrance »

I hear you on the Vegan propaganda bit. Besides some of the raw food books out there with the skewed idealistic views on sentience, you have the sustainibility movement and all the bio-dynamic vegans into feeding everyone ORGANIC grain, soy, and leaves. I don't know if WaiDiet is sustainibile, but I bet with enough cooperation it could be.

"I don't think I'd appreciate a higher form on consciousness eating be. "

haha, well usuaully before I eat, I give some personal attention and let the subsistence know how I appreciate the energy I'm taking.... I hope it understands this more than a pig strung up by it's feet and gutted without dignity in a factory farm.
chris m failla

Post by chris m failla »

I have recently been attracted to the raw vegan diet. Have you seen Tim Van Orden on the internet. Well, Im a straight man, but I must say he looks fantastic! So does one of his collegues Brendan Brazier. When I SEE proof like that it makes me very motivated towards what they are doing. And the gardendiet.com family, these people are all amazing and defining the aging process. I love grass fed beef, but these raw foodist made me stop in my tracks. I wish I could see a picture of a long time Wai-dieter so I can get motivated on this diet. I really wish I was skinny, with tone of course, like the raw vegans. That is why I want to give it a try. Oh, and for the animals of course. :D
fictor

Post by fictor »

I checked out Tim Van Orden on youtube, and the guy is not all that good looking.

I mean, I used to have a WAY better body than he has, back when
I ate all kinds of stuf, like grains, seeds, fried foods, about 100 different
nutritional supplements and drank alcohol every weekend.

Being slim and/or fit is as much about genes and physical activity
as it is about nutrition.

Now I am on a pretty strict sample diet, not lifting weights at the moment
(the sample diet protein intake does not support that kind of activity)
but I am still very fit (although I of course lost about 5 kilos of muscle).

So, I would rather recommend Wai, but with some more animal proteins (if your skin can handle it), and perhaps more nuts and some quite easy to
digest vegetables or vegetable juice.

Also one needs to work out a lot. Find a sport you like to do, and
do it as much as possible!

I am a trained fitness instructor, so feel free to ask questions about
work out programs and such.

Sorry to go of topic :)
chris m failla

Post by chris m failla »

Did I mention he is 40 years old. You will agree he can pass for 28-33 year of age. He looks great because he is vibrant, clean, young, and a marothon runner of mountains and buildings at this age and beating younger people, all on a raw vegan diet. He wasnt always a raw vegan, he was an self proclaimed UN- healthy vegetarian that was sick. His mission is to prove, just like Wai, that you can build muscle and be perfectly healthly eating mainly fruits.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I've never been a vegan, and didn't know I was an animist. :)

I think all vegans know deep down that a vegan diet isn't logical. That's why all kinds of external reasons have to be brought in to justify it.

I don't agree with us needing a lot of physical exercise. We do need some, but hardly a lot.

What do you call long-term? RRM has been on the diet for about 13 years or so, I can post my pic again if you want, but I've been only 2.5 yrs on the diet.
fictor

Post by fictor »

I would like to see your picture, Oscar!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I've posted it in the General Discussion forum topic "photos".
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

fictor wrote:I would rather recommend Wai, but with some more animal proteins (if your skin can handle it),
Due to the questions of one poster (i forgot who it was!), i have been experimenting for the past 3 weeks.
My skin tolerates maximally 133 to 135 gram of tuna daily, eaten once a day, and because of this poster's questions, i decide to try breaking that up in 3, increasing the total.
During the first 2 weeks i ate 75 grams in the morning at 7, and 75 grams of tuna at 7 in the night. No acne, whatsoever.
During the following week i ate 75 in the morning at 7 and 75 gram in the evening at 6, and 30 gram at 10 in the night. Still no acne. I keep you updated.