consuming meat and fruits seperately?

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
homeslice
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

consuming meat and fruits seperately?

Post by homeslice »

i read somewhere, i forget where, that proteins and carbohydrates require different intestinal conditions to be consumed and therefore should not be eaten together. can someone please educate me on this. if it depends on which foods specifically, which ones?

second question, so that i don't creat too many posts, if there are foods that shouldn't be consumed together then there coould be foods that work in harmony, haha hopefully. if so what are they, thanks for the help
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Fit-for-life (a book) claims that digesting sugars requires a different PH level than digesting protein and if you consume sugar with protein it is more difficult to digest than eating them alone.

If you google for 'food combining', you'll see a lot of links that try to explain this.

i you read fit for life and believe it, you'd think that combining fruits with meats would cause massive problems

Maybe some people are more sensitive. I have a tough gut. I'd still like to see evidence to support food combining, because if I concluded it was a good thing, I'd stop mixing my yolks with my smoothies.
homeslice

Post by homeslice »

it'd be easier if it didn't matter if they were mixed, but for now i will eat them 30 min apart, does anyone else know anything about this?
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

It takes longer from protein to leave your stomach than say fruit. So just waiting 30 probably isn't ideal. Like if you eat fruit first you'd probably wait less than if you ate protein first.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

It's more the combination of fiber with the animal protein which isn't ideal. So not eating anything fibrous (i.e. fruit) around the protein meal (~1.5hrs, differs per person) should do it. Usually juices (esp. strained) can be taken in sooner. Experiment to find what works for you.
fictor

Post by fictor »

ut eatin say egg yolks mixed with ripe banan, or having some fresh pineapple with your sashimi, that should be allright, right?

Then wait fore some time before consuming more?
homeslice

Post by homeslice »

from what i gather from waidiet.com we should mix protein with carbohydrate: In Short :

Even consuming (the right-) fruits only, you will absorb all protein you need. Consuming a little fresh raw animal food every once and a while too, abundantly supplies you with protein. These foods combined also contain all other nutrients you need.
Consuming too much protein can cause depressions, sleeplessness (see site13) and vitamin D deficiency, and lack of vitamin B2, B6 and folic acid for these are required to process protein.
Consuming prepared proteinacous food causes many different diseases, like Parkinson's, dementia, cancer ,obesity etc. (see index and diet suggestions)
It's best to combine fruits with some (fresh raw-) foods containing high-quality protein. In relation to human requirements, protein quality of Brazil nuts in particular, and raw fish in general is best. Protein quality of beans, bread rolls, soy, pasta and dairy products is worst.

unless i'm misinterpreting the context of that.

but also

The digestion of protein can be problematic when too much fiber is ingested around the same time, so avoid eating fiber around the time (e.g. one hour before and after) when protein is consumed. The acceptable amount of fiber and time differs per individual, so experimenting is needed.

therefore i concluded eating melons (which i found are low in fiber) would be best while eating a meal with protein.

any clarification please?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

It means combining in a diet, not necessarily in one meal.
homeslice

Post by homeslice »

ok that makes sense, then i will just seperate the two, thnks for the help
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, it just feels better for my body to eat most foods separately, except for some combinations, like avocadoes with tomatoes, or egg yolk with fish.
homeslice

Post by homeslice »

hmm how curious i do the exact same combinations