Egg yolk giving me discomfort/gas

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
adsmithy
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Egg yolk giving me discomfort/gas

Post by adsmithy »

Hi there,

I have started on 1 egg yolk per day, but after 4-5 hours of comsumption I'm getting discomfort in the lower regions and a lot of gas. Is this normal and will it subside eventually? Because I want to be eating at least 5 yolks per day ideally..

Ta
johndela1

Re: Egg yolk giving me discomfort/gas

Post by johndela1 »

adsmithy wrote:Hi there,

I have started on 1 egg yolk per day, but after 4-5 hours of comsumption I'm getting discomfort in the lower regions and a lot of gas. Is this normal and will it subside eventually? Because I want to be eating at least 5 yolks per day ideally..

Ta
My wife would get sick and throw up when she had raw egg yolks at first. I told her to consume less and slowly build up over several weeks. Now she eats two or three with no negative reaction.
adsmithy

Post by adsmithy »

Thats reassuring. I don't feel "sick" at all, it's more abdominal discomfort (not pain) and gas.

On a side note, the diet (or the principles described for the diet) work 100% crystal clear skin after maybe 2-3 days, amazing really.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Take care not to eat fibrous fruits to close to the protein/egg yolk consumption. This might cause the gas.

Good to hear it works well otherwise. :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Also, at first yoyr intestines may 'freak out' because of the bacteria that they now encounter. As was said, that will subside.