Fresh raw wild (or organic fed) salmon - where to buy?

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
justin1
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by justin1 »

...because.... - there ends all the argument it seems... :lol:

---thou, something about that magnesium-phosphor(-calcium...?) balance in a fish which "might" do some to a cat... what...? don't ask, I do not exact remember the wording.... (something with chemical balance to do...)

---but if, as you put it already, I feed my kitty with variate foods, such as fish (when I eat it myself, not every day...:)), chicken, yolks, etc... kitty should be fine, I will will use my common sense and observation and logic...;)
;)/JustinOne
Iris

Post by Iris »

Well, as I see it, you'd have to feed fish regularly, and fish isn't a particularly species appropriate diet for cats. I think land- and air-based proteins should dominate the menu.

Additionally, Omega 3 should be available from all the meats a cat eats, and would be if we could/would feed nothing but pastured, grassfed livestock and truly free-range poultry. Omega 3 is not limited by nature to salmon, sardines, herring, anchovies and mackerel; these fish are arguably easier to acquire than grassfed and free-range prey, and they are generally less expensive.

Seems to me that a generally species appropriate menu supplemented with a small amount of fish body oil upsets the balance less than feeding regular amounts of fish because that's where the oil originates.

The "best" source of Omega 3 would be the prey, any prey, all prey.

---Any comments...?

;)/JustinOne
As I said earlier, fish isn't the only option if you're consurned with your pet getting their omega 3.... Why not feed it brains? Or hare? Or mise, which is one thing they would eat a lot if they had to catch all their own prey.... Then you wouldn't have to worry about a thing ;)
For me, I tink that cats and dogs can perfectly decide for theirselves wether something is healthy for them. For instanse, this week I gave my dog a piece of cows meat (this is something he eats regularly) but he only ate a bit... The next day I tried the same piece again, and now he wouldn't eat it at all. Obviously, there was something wrong with this meat. Later on I gave him a large salmon head and a few salmon skins and fillet they otherewise would have thrown away at my fish shop. He loooved it and ate it all 8)

The main differences with (our) cats and dogs I have noticed, is that cats are way pickier then dogs. They know perfectly what they like, and won't eat someting they don't like. If you have a schedule when you feed your cats certain things, they will exactly know when to eat something, and when to refuse something they don't like :roll: So we stopped doing that :lol: They now just get what they like, and what is somewhat affordable ;)
And cats like lean meat more. They often refuse to eat any fat that comes with meat/bones/..... whereas dogs love fat (meats with high fat percentages as well as plain fats)
Last, customs are very important to cats. Better not give them too many different things. [/quote]
Iris

Post by Iris »

---but if, as you put it already, I feed my kitty with variate foods, such as fish (when I eat it myself, not every day...:)), chicken, yolks, etc... kitty should be fine, I will will use my common sense and observation and logic...;)
I think your kitty will let you know in clear terms whether it is good for her :wink:
justin1

Post by justin1 »

hi again,

a little update on my fresh salmon hunting...;)

yesterday i bought a little piece of a fresh raw none-organic farmed salmon, quite fat and good looking...
i tasted it and i must admit it was so delicious, and so good tasting, that i ate all up instantly (well,... slowly tasting and enjoying the taste), feeling that my organism, were really craving for something in that fish..., well a little piece of salmon i gave to my kitty too, and she was trying fish first time in her life, she just ate all up instantly... - must have been rally fresh tasting salmon after all... 8)

as, i and my kitty, enjoyed the taste of that salmon so much, i bought more of the same today, and looking forward us feeding upon it...;)

i have tried before a bit of red tuna, but felt really heavy and uneasy afterward... now, after the eating of salmon, i do not feel any heaviness or other adverse effect in my body-mind at all...

Salmon seems very easy and quick to digest...

Cheers...
8)
;)/JustinOne
Iris

Post by Iris »

Glad you like it :)