Yolks increase

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by RRM »

No, thats totally ok. Just make sure to remain physically inactive afterwards.
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

Oscar wrote:As far as I can see you're doing things right. Are you sure your eggs aren't pasteurized?
How do you recognize pasteurized eggs? If they are heated, they change and take the boiled-egg shape, no?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I don't think you can see any difference, unfortunately. :?
fictor

Post by fictor »

Eating foods high in protein in several smaller portions makes your skin
able to handle a little more each day. I always try to divide my animal
food into 2-3 meals a day.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Apparently the egg whites of pasteurized eggs are a bit less translucent than normal. Still hard to see, if you ask me.
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

7 or 8 yolks per day is really ok? (especially when they are not organic)
I read that yolk has many cholesterol and 1 egg (I think they talked about the whole egg, not sure though) covers our daily needs, between 50 and 250 mg.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Rivera

Post by Rivera »

About cholesterol, I read that when too much LDL ("bad") cholesterol circulates in the blood, it can slowly build up in the inner walls of the arteries that feed the heart and brain. Together with other substances, it can form plaque, a thick, hard deposit that can narrow the arteries and make them less flexible. This condition is known as atherosclerosis. If a clot forms and blocks a narrowed artery, heart attack or stroke can result.
So this is caused only by heated cholesterol in fact?

I read and re-read the LDL and HDL cholesterol subject, but still I can't get a clear idea of it.
The LDL cholesterol does not exist in raw food?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Rivera wrote:So this is caused only by heated cholesterol in fact?
Correct.
Rivera wrote:I read and re-read the LDL and HDL cholesterol subject, but still I can't get a clear idea of it.
The LDL cholesterol does not exist in raw food?
LDL and HDL transport (oxy)cholesterol (and fats) through the blood, so they're always there. LDL just transports more cholesterol than HDL does.
Heated cholesterol, or oxy(chole)sterols, are the bad guys. These oxysterols can increase LDL production, change LDL so it becomes harmful, etc etc.

In raw food that doesn't happen, so LDL just stays harmless LDL.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

There is some research that indicates that you should be more concerned about the particle size rather than the ldl/hdl ratio. LDL is used in transporting cholesterol from the liver to places in the body where it can be used.

I agree with Oscar that oxidized cholesterol is bad.

there is some interesting reading here:
http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/D ... -Myth.html

here is a quote
"The weight of the evidence clearly supports a role for the oxidation of LDL and not the concentration of LDL in the blood in the development of atherosclerosis."
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

johndela1 wrote:There is some research that indicates that you should be more concerned about the particle size rather than
Particle size by itself does not mean anything, other than size.
But sure, there may be correlations between oxidized / non-oxidized cholesterol and the size of their transporter, but then again, should that be something to look at?
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

there is very little cholesterol or saturated fat in arterial plaque or clogs. Most of the material is calcium deposits akin to lime and most of the fatty acids are unsaturated.
True?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Rivera wrote:there is very little cholesterol ... (in arterial plaque or clogs)
Sure, because cholesterol comprises just a fraction of our food.
However, in patients with coronary artery disease, the level of cholesterol is elevated, and cholesterol and triglyceride levels predict long term development of arterial plaque.
The arterial plaque contains everything that precipitates due to that its hard to decompose, such as minerals (like calcium) and (due to oxidation/damage) proteins, fats and a little cholesterol. The ratio depends on what we eat, and protein and fats are the largest components.
...or saturated fat in arterial plaque or clogs.
true.
Polyunsaturated fats are much more susceptible to oxidation than saturated fats.
Thats why it is advised not to use oils high in polyunsaturated fats for frying.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

This is funny...
My girlfriend is from Ghana.
She comes from a very poor region, where they have no medicines at their disposal (except for those who have more money), and you know what the children get from their mama when they are sick?
Raw egg yolks!!!
Its considered a medicine.

This is not funny...
One cat of mine who died of old age, at a certain point she refused to eat and was very weak, but when she got very weak and extremely thin, at one point she did accept raw egg yolk and her strength always immediately increased. Eventually, after a few days she stopped eating again, though, and died.
fictor

Post by fictor »

I am sorry about your cat, RRM!

My old kung-fu trainer, an lebanese ex-military man, who learned kung-fu in the army, also recommended raw (whole) eggs with sugar, if one where sick.

On the other hand, he also recommended running barefoot outside in the winter, ice and snow everywhere. Recommended is an understatement, I must add :)