wait 3 hours after fish/eggs?

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
Justin
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

wait 3 hours after fish/eggs?

Post by Justin »

How long do you guys generally wait after eating fish and eggs? I usually eat like 10 egg yolks followed by 100g salmon and then wait 3 hours before eating fruit again. 3 hours everyday without eating is quite annoying, its nice to snack on fruit and it stops u from being thirsty. Even after 3 hours i still feel i have food in my stomach or is it just the mucus from the digestion still there?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I usually eat 1 or 2 eggs at a time, and I don't really wait after that. After my daily 150gr of fish I wait about 90 minutes or so, before drinking OJ.
Gavriel

Post by Gavriel »

Oscar,

DO you still workout?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I do some exercises at home, why?
Gavriel

Post by Gavriel »

becasue of the amount of of Protein you intake...
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Ah okay. Well, if I consume too much, it'll be transformed into glucose energy anyway. ;)
RRM
Administrator

Re: wait 3 hours after fish/eggs?

Post by RRM »

Justin wrote:How long do you guys generally wait after eating fish and eggs? I usually eat like 10 egg yolks followed by 100g salmon and then wait 3 hours before eating fruit again. 3 hours everyday without eating is quite annoying, its nice to snack on fruit and it stops u from being thirsty. Even after 3 hours i still feel i have food in my stomach or is it just the mucus from the digestion still there?
The fat may take a while to digest, and thats what you will feel clearly. You dont need to wait 3 hours, because you can perfectly drink OJ or other juices without fiber after the fish/yolks. But indeed, its better to wait with the whole fruits because of the volume of yolks/fish.
Justin

Post by Justin »

so i can eat loads of egg yolks, lots of fish, have a full stomach and then drink orange juice + fat + sugar. This wouldn't disrupt the digestion of the fish and yolks in any way, surely they require a different type of digestion than simple liquid, or does your stomach filter out the liquid straight away? lots of food combining things i've read agree that one shouldn't have fruit after meals or drink during and straight after meals diluting the stomach acid etc. 10 yolks + 150g fish i class as a meal. thanks
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Justin wrote:so i can eat loads of egg yolks, lots of fish, have a full stomach and then drink orange juice + fat + sugar.[/b]
Actually, with this diet you dont eat big meals, but yes, after having consumed fish, you can safely sip oj to keep your blood sugar at a decent level. works perfectly.
one shouldn't have fruit after meals or drink during and straight after meals diluting the stomach acid etc. 10 yolks + 150g fish i class as a meal. thanks

Sipping from the oj (even after such a meal) to keep your blood sugar level sufficiently up has no negative effect whatsoever. Just try it.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

So if i decide to eat avacado with salmon i should extend the rest period? :)
Negativity is the cult of the weak
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

yes, a little (half an hour?)
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Can the sugar after the fish lead to constipation?

Can constipation cause acne?
Negativity is the cult of the weak
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

dionysus wrote:Can the sugar after the fish lead to constipation?
No, it can't.
dionysus wrote:Can constipation cause acne?
If you reason that constipation is caused by certain cooked foods, which can also cause acne, then yes. Otherwise I don't think so.
avo

Post by avo »

I sip OJ before eating fish, sometimes during eating fish, and even directly after eating fish.

There is a distict feeling of lowering blood sugar, and I feel that throughout the day, so I sip OJ throughout the day, except after a/c/t salad (which I put sugar on).

So what are the experiences of having avocado or a cucumber salad with fish? Like in a sushi restaurant, they serve cucumbers and avocado (as well as daikon radish, carrots and ginger, but I avoid those) slices as decoration/condiments to sashimi. Is it an ok idea to go ahead and have a little fiber with the fish? Quite honestly, I am craving a traditional sunomono salad, with some raw fish/seafood on my marinated cucumbers. Any input?
avalon

Post by avalon »

Can we go by our digestive feelings alone? Avocado and cucumber in sushi or with sashimi, for over twenty years now, has never given me any ill feeling of digestion. And nearly every time, eating in restaurant, was served sliced oranges after a meal, which I so look forward to. I love getting some of the orange flavoring/scent on my fingers after a sushi/sashimi meal. Hmmm, it 7:10am and I am dreaming of sashimi now :roll: