wait 3 hours after fish/eggs?

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:I was thinking that because I started after 9ish (PM) that I would be using the protein for reconstruction anyway. Is this still a bad idea?
If you are using egg yolks to keep up your energy?
Yes.
What would than be the best time to consume fish/eggs?
At night when you ingested enough energy, so that the yolks are additional,
so that the amino acids are not used for energy,
but taken up into cells (including into the brain) due to the influence of insulin.
Should I have a salmon and 4 yolks all at 11:00 if I go to bed at 12:00?
For example, yes.
After you had some juice for energy.
or maybe have it all at 9:00 and have sugar again 'till 12:00?
Yes, thats also ok.
sometimes I masturbate. Sorry if that's too much info but I figured it's relevant since it speeds your heart rate.
Yes. Dont do that within 1.5 hours after eating the yolks.
And consume sugars first.
... was more based on using the fats for energy, rather than the protein.
For this you need a combination of fats and sugars, or sugars alone.
Sure, you might include an avocado.
I don't like to drink late at night because I end up having to wake up to pee. Also I'm avoiding juice in general because of the acid.
Then eat bananas instead.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

What about the fibers in bananas? Usually my fruit shakes are banana avocado tomato and OO, so if I remove the tomato from that, would that be ok to sip after yolks? what about just blended banana and OO?

Thanks RRM
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:Usually my fruit shakes are banana avocado tomato and OO, so if I remove the tomato from that, would that be ok to sip after yolks? what about just blended banana and OO?
No, even banana, and particularly avocado, contains too much fiber.
But may its no problem for you specifically,
as everybody is different.
martianwarrior

Post by martianwarrior »

i'm thinking that, in most cases, when you consume protein an hour or so before bed, you can just let your blood sugar drop off and any leftover glycogen that you haven't already released will get used up.

if you need more energy after that, you can sip juice. i always have some left over to drink in the morning right when i wake up.

for example... when i get done training around 9:30 pm i take a sip of juice and then eat an egg yolk 5 minutes later, then two more 5 minutes apart. after that i usually don't drink any more juice. by the time i make it to bed a little before 11 pm i can still feel that my blood sugar levels are up and i'm usually sleeping by midnight.

i should i also note that i make a point to fill my liver with a good amount of glycogen before 5:30 pm, to release that during training. there always seems to be some leftover though.
"the purpose is not to disengage from the physical universe. the purpose is to manifest the essence of what you are so completely that you are an aspect of the creation of the physical universe."
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

martianwarrior wrote: i can still feel that my blood sugar levels are up and i'm usually sleeping by midnight.
You are a physically trained person and therefore have large muscle glycogen depots at your disposal,
which you fill up regularly.
Thats a very specific condition.
i should i also note that i make a point to fill my liver with a good amount of glycogen before 5:30 pm, to release that during training. there always seems to be some leftover though.
That makes a big difference, because when your glycogen depots are totally filled up,
it may add up to 1600 kcal or more. (which is a whole lot of sips of OJ)
If however, one totally empties one's depots through exercise (which normally readily occurs),
its best to replenish a substantial size of it,
so that the protein consumed does not need to be turned over into energy.
Particularly so because during your sleep only liver glycogen (400 kcal max)
may be converted to replenish blood sugar.
martianwarrior

Post by martianwarrior »

are the larger glycogen depots something that occur because they get used more often than the average person who doesn't participate in a lot of physical activity?

muscles store glycogen too? interesting.

i'm quite fascinated by glycogen lately and find it very useful.

thanks for the info RRM
"the purpose is not to disengage from the physical universe. the purpose is to manifest the essence of what you are so completely that you are an aspect of the creation of the physical universe."
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, the more you use your muscle glycogen, the more you can store,
and of course its also related to muscle volume.
The glycogen stored in muscles (+/- 1200 kcal) can only be used for muscle activity.
The glycogen stored in the liver (+/- 400 kcal) can also be reconverted back in glucose,
and used to replenish blood glucose (while you are sleeping, for example)
i'm quite fascinated by glycogen lately and find it very useful.
Yes, if you are a physical active person,
its extremely useful to know about it.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

RRM wrote:
Mr. PC wrote:Usually my fruit shakes are banana avocado tomato and OO, so if I remove the tomato from that, would that be ok to sip after yolks? what about just blended banana and OO?
No, even banana, and particularly avocado, contains too much fiber.
But may its no problem for you specifically,
as everybody is different.
How would I know if it's a problem for me? Also, I read a lot of people saying Avo + yolk = sleep pill; would this not be recommended than?

Does that also mean that nuts are unhealthy because of the combination of fiber and protein?
Iris

Post by Iris »

How would I know if it's a problem for me?
If you ate too much fibers you will definitely feel it in your bowels or even in your stomach.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:Also, I read a lot of people saying Avo + yolk = sleep pill; would this not be recommended than?
Yes, it is, but for some it may appear not to be a good combi.
Does that also mean that nuts are unhealthy because of the combination of fiber and protein?
Its not about healthy / unhealthy.
Its about optimal digestion,
which differs per person.
No, they are not unhealthy when raw, unsalted and easy to digest
(which differs per kind of nut)
FoundTheWai

Re: wait 3 hours after fish/eggs?

Post by FoundTheWai »

I was just wondering... is cramping/gripes bad for you? Will it cause acne? Is discomfort the only downside? Also... how much fruit am I supposed to eat on the Sample Diet? It says I can eat as many as needed, but doesn't give a minimum.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I'm relatively sensitive to fiber, and drinking sieved OJ within one hour after having protein is too soon for me, it seems. I have to wait 75-90mins.
dandate2

Post by dandate2 »

how long after drinking juice or eating fruits do i wait to eat fish or yolk? can i mix yolk in juice?
dime

Post by dime »

Try and see :) You can probably eat right away, but just to be safe maybe you could wait 10-20 minutes.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

You have to experiment, but after whole fruits, especially avocado, you probably want to wait an hour or more. After juice far less, especially when sieved. Mixing yolk with (sieved) juice is possible.