Foie Gras raw

Post by Ducky »

Should be ok, right?

Anybody tried it already?

Happy Holidays by the way! :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

As far as i know, the duck or goose is force-fed and has an enlarged liver, which is torture, no?
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Yes, i guess that is true, thanks for reminding me.
martianwarrior

Post by martianwarrior »

is the duck wild?

i've eaten wild duck liver before... very good :P not acidic tasting like chicken or beef liver.

force-fed eh? do they farm raise ducks, too?
"the purpose is not to disengage from the physical universe. the purpose is to manifest the essence of what you are so completely that you are an aspect of the creation of the physical universe."
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Yes you're right wild duck must be ok.

>>do they farm raise ducks, too?

Yes they do, actually its a big business.
summerwave

humane

Post by summerwave »

But isn't veal raised inhumanely? (RRM, you've mentioned enjoying raw veal)...I have seen organic and small farms in the U.S. that sell humanely-raised beef, but they never deal in veal calves, usually because of concerns about humane treatment.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

If i understand correctly, there are regulations now so that calves are not kept in such inhumane conditions (no daylight exposure) anymore.
summerwave

veal

Post by summerwave »

I think, from what friends have told me, it is the crating/immobilizing of the calves that is hard to stomach...

(The muscles are kept underused so the flesh is 'soft' by confining the calves in tiny containers so that their motion is greatly limited). It sounds like maybe there is a different standard in Europe where you are, if you can find calves humanely raised. (I think the above is inhumane).
RRM
Administrator

Re: veal

Post by RRM »

summerwave wrote:I think, from what friends have told me, it is the crating/immobilizing of the calves that is hard to stomach...
I believe thats exactly what is forbidden by law here now.