early morning urine & relation to protein/animal food?

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
Kookaburra
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

early morning urine & relation to protein/animal food?

Post by Kookaburra »

For the past few days, I realized that my urine is very light colored(more towards the white side) in the morning after waking up. Now this is very weird as before that, my urine will always have some kind of a shade of yellow, sometimes dark yellow in the morning. I always eat animal food before sleeping.

Does the color of the urine indicates whether I am eating enough animal food?

I eat an average of either 100g of salmon or 3 to 6 egg yolks a day. I have read that the toxic nitrogen in animal protein will be transformed to ammonium and urea which would lead to the urine being yellow in the morning. Thus I am very curious as to why lately my urine has been light. Is this normal?

The more animal protein you consume = The more yellow your urine in the morning?

Is this my body's way of saying that my current intake of animal protein is too low through the light colored urine? That my body needs more now? That the 100g of salmon or 3 to 6 egg yolks a day works for the past few months, but now the body wants more? Is the body saying that?
RRM
Administrator

Re: early morning urine & relation to protein/animal foo

Post by RRM »

The more animal protein you consume = The more yellow your urine in the morning?
Exactly. the more protein, the darker your urine.
Kookaburra wrote: I eat an average of either 100g of salmon or 3 to 6 egg yolks a day.
100 g salmon OR 3 to 6 egg yolks, may very well be too little indeed.
Why dont you try to increase that?
That the 100g of salmon or 3 to 6 egg yolks a day works for the past few months, but now the body wants more? Is the body saying that?
Yes, that might be the case.
For the past months, your body has also been using the extra protein
still present in your blood and lymphe.
But since your protein intake is low, you have run out of spare protein.
To prevent the breakdown of muscle protein for energy, you now need to increase your protein intake.
You will see that your urine will turn darker again.
Im guessing you need 150 gram maximally. Probably a bit less.
Kookaburra

Post by Kookaburra »

Last night, I had 6 egg yolks as animal food. This morning, my urine is crystal white. I expected it to have some shade of yellow in it. You said probably I consume too little animal protein. I kinda agree with that too but I have been thinking:

Maybe my animal protein intake is sufficient. Maybe its just because my body has trouble converting the nitrogen to ammonium and ureum? Therefore my urine is white, and therefore all the toxic nitrogen is still in my body?

Even if I consume too little animal protein, won't my early morning urine at least have some shade of yellow? But my urine is crystal white! Please let me know what do you think of this theory.

Meanwhile, I will most definitely start to increase my intake of raw salmon to 150g maximally. What about the egg yolks? How many do I need to increase to?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Kookaburra wrote:Last night, I had 6 egg yolks as animal food. This morning, my urine is crystal white.
Im not surprised; 6 yolks is still little...
Maybe my animal protein intake is sufficient.
Could be.
But there is no harm in experimenting with consuming a little more animal food.
Maybe its just because my body has trouble converting the nitrogen to ammonium and ureum?
Very unlikely.
Even if I consume too little animal protein, won't my early morning urine at least have some shade of yellow? But my urine is crystal white!
Mine too, sometimes.
Increase your egg yolk / salmon intake, and that will change.
Meanwhile, I will most definitely start to increase my intake of raw salmon to 150g maximally. What about the egg yolks? How many do I need to increase to?
150 grams of salmon equals 11 egg yolks.
Kookaburra

Post by Kookaburra »

Quote:

Maybe my animal protein intake is sufficient.

Could be.
But there is no harm in experimenting with consuming a little more animal food.
Won't it cause acne for those susceptible to it? And won't it also lead to more nitrogen waste, and subsequently aging of the body?

Anyway, yesterday I had 6 egg yolks again, and this morning my urine was very yellow. Boy, I was surprised as I expected my urine to be crystal white again. Does the conversion of nitrogen to ammonium and urea take place exclusively in animal protein? What about other sources of protein, like brazil nuts? Will brazil nut protein induce a nitrogen load?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Kookaburra wrote: Won't it cause acne for those susceptible to it?
Yes, if you eat too much, which is individually different.
First, you need to find what your maximum is; thats always good to know.
And won't it also lead to more nitrogen waste, and subsequently aging of the body?
Yes, but its still relatively little protein.
Its best to strike a balance.
Anyway, yesterday I had 6 egg yolks again, and this morning my urine was very yellow. Boy, I was surprised as I expected my urine to be crystal white again.
Ha ha, yes thats the way it goes. :)
Sometimes its just the right time to get rid of the uruem.
Does the conversion of nitrogen to ammonium and urea take place exclusively in animal protein? What about other sources of protein, like brazil nuts? Will brazil nut protein induce a nitrogen load?
All protein (plant and animal origin) results in nitrogen load
and subsequent conversion to urea.
bbdave

Post by bbdave »

In my experience, the color of my urine is most affected by my hydration level. If I have been thirsty for a while when I pee, then my urine is most likely yellow. If a have been drinking water/juice or eating fruit, and pee half hour later, then my urine is most likely clear. It has to do with our kidneys reabsorbing the water if we are dehydrated, which will cause the urine to be more concentrated and yellow. If we consume a lot of water (juice/fruits), then our kidneys won't need to reabsorb the water and the urine will be less concentrated and clear.

Here is a more detailed explanation. Sorry for a lack of diagrams.
http://www.faqs.org/health/topics/32/Ur ... ystem.html
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

bbdave wrote:In my experience, the color of my urine is most affected by my hydration level.
Yes, of course it very much matters whether you consume enough water / eat fruits.
The more water / juice your drink,
the more your urine will get diluted.