Eggs in morning or evening

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
Kookaburra
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Kookaburra »

RRM wrote:
Kookaburra wrote:Lately, I have been watching the World Cup matches after eating animal food. Is that healthy?
Sure, its just that a greater percentage of the protein will be converted into glucose.
But why does the free acne book say it is not healthy?
From the free acne book:
To digest the food that is consumed, the digestive tract needs to be supplied with lots of fatty
acids (for energy) and oxygen by the blood. And there is also more blood required to transport
the absorbed nutrients. But when we are physically active, more blood is directed towards
muscles, and less remains for the intestines.
Digestion can therefore not be complete if there is physical action immediately after food
consumption. That is why it is not healthy to walk and eat, or eat and then swim (or any other
physical activity) directly after eating.
RRM wrote:
Kookaburra wrote:What are the consequences of incomplete digestion?
Health wise?
Nothing.
But if you are susceptible to acne, it may cause acne.
From the free acne book:
If digestion is incomplete more peptides remain.
These peptides are only gradually decomposed by enzymes in the lymph, blood and different
organs. The eventually free amino acids can then be utilized for (re)construction purposes.
So the peptides that remain will not form new harmful substances or lead to plague?

RRM wrote:
Kookaburra wrote: Is toxic nitrogen converted into ureum?
nitrogen is not toxic, but ammonium is. (nitrogen>ammonium>ureum)
When digestion is incomplete, does the process of nitrogen>ammonium>ureum take place?

RRM wrote:
Kookaburra wrote:The first match of the day is at 7.30pm here. The second match is at 10pm.

Please advice what is the best time I should eat my yolks?
Right after the second match.
The match is about 2 hours. That means I should eat at 12am. Wow I have never eaten so late in the night before. My mom always tells me not to eat so late in the night. Is that just an old wives tale?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Kookaburra wrote:But why does the free acne book say it is not healthy?
The more is used for energy, the less is available for (re)construction purposes.
Kookaburra wrote: So the peptides that remain will not form new harmful substances or lead to plague?
No, they are just peptides.

Kookaburra wrote:When digestion is incomplete, does the process of nitrogen>ammonium>ureum take place?
Yes.
RRM wrote:The match is about 2 hours. That means I should eat at 12am. Wow I have never eaten so late in the night before. My mom always tells me not to eat so late in the night. Is that just an old wives tale?
Yes, there shouldn't be any problem. Of course there's the theory it's healthier to go to bed earlier/when the sun goes down, in which case eating at 12am might not be an option. I myself very often eat something at/after 12am.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

When digestion is incomplete, does the process of nitrogen>ammonium>ureum take place?
Yes, it always take place; constantly redundant amino acids are broken down for energy, yielding nitrogen>ammonium>ureum
However, maybe you mean "does it evoke the process of nitrogen>ammonium>ureum?"
Then the answer is: No.
Its just that as a result more peptides will not be broken down into amino acids.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Kookaburra wrote:Lately, I have been watching the World Cup matches after eating animal food. Is that healthy?
DEFINITELY NOT!!! :shock:

btw, what's fifa?
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

haha, it's a game of football you play on the xbox360 or playstation 3
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_%28vi ... _series%29

it's not much fun against the computer, but against friends it's very addicting :P
Kookaburra

Re: Eggs in morning or evening

Post by Kookaburra »

RRM wrote:
Kasper wrote:
I usually eat eggs in the evening, but I feel to have a better day if I take them in the morning
If the effect is less strong when you eat them in the evening,
you may need a little more egg yolk (in the evening).
And as MartianWarrior said; taking them in the morning is less ideal,
as more of the protein is utilized for energy instead of (re)construction puproses.
How many egg yolks do you eat daily?
You said that protein is utilized for energy if you take the eggs in the morning. I thought I read from the book that we have two sources of energy - fat and sugar? I thought the fat from the eggs is utilized for energy instead of the protein?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Unused protein (i.c. amino acids) is converted to sugar or fat-like energy.
Kookaburra

Post by Kookaburra »

I know about that. My question was shouldn't the fat from eggs be utilized for energy instead of protein? Isn't protein only broken down into either sugar or fat when there is insufficient fat or sugar? That is clearly not the case here as the egg yolks have plenty of fat in them. Why would the body waste energy converting protein into sugar/fat? In fact, why would there be unused protein in the first place since I eat the bare minimum of animal protein each day?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Kookaburra wrote:I know about that. My question was shouldn't the fat from eggs be utilized for energy instead of protein?
Isn't protein only broken down into either sugar or fat when there is insufficient fat or sugar?
If constantly sufficient fat AND glucose is available, very little redundant protein will be converted into energy.
In practice that is hardly the case, as for most people there will be fluctuations
in the blood glucose and blood fatty acid levels.
That is clearly not the case here as the egg yolks have plenty of fat in them.
Fat alone is not enough. Whenever the blood glucose level goes down a bit,
the conversion of amino acids into energy will increase.
In fact, why would there be unused protein in the first place since I eat the bare minimum of animal protein each day?
Because no diet in the world provides you with all the amino acids exactly in the ratio that we need them.
There will alway be redundant amino acids, no matter how little and what protein you eat.
Kookaburra

Post by Kookaburra »

What if you eat an avocado? For every 100g, it contains 14.66g fat, 0.66g sugar and 2g protein. So, the protein will get converted to sugar right? What is the conversion ratio? Do all the 2g protein become 2g sugar? Lets say that it is. So 2 + 0.66 = 2.66g. The new ratio of sugar:fat is 2.66:14.66. How is that stabilized? I thought the ratio is 2:1? Clearly, by converting the protein to sugar, it does not make a difference at all.

It is the same for egg yolks. For every 100g, it contains 26.54g fat, 0.56g sugar and 15.86g protein. Even if all the 15.86g protein are converted to sugar, the new ratio of sugar:fat is (15.86 + 0.56 = 16.42) :26.54. How is that stabilized?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think you're confusing a number of things.
The sugar:fat ratio is a (minimum) guideline when looking at a potential daily diet. It has nothing to do with the ratio of available sugars/fats in specific fruits.

The body has a list of priorities when looking at the available energy. Survival (being able to run away, search for food, etc) has a higher priority than maintenance/(re)construction. This means that if the body needs sugar energy and there's only protein energy available, it will use that for energy instead of maintenance/(re)construction.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

So if only redundant protein is used for energy, than overall usable protein won't go down? Like if my most scarce Amino is Methionine, than my body is guaranteed not to use methionine for energy because it's using it for maintenance? Or does it depend on the amount of energy used?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote: if my most scarce Amino is Methionine, than my body is guaranteed not to use methionine for energy because it's using it for maintenance?
No, its a sliding scale.
The higher the level of an amino acid in your blood, the more active the enzymes that convert it into energy.
So, the more abundant amino acids will be converted into energy the most.
And yes, it also very much depends on the levels of hormones such as glucagon and adrenaline,
and on how active you are.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Ok, but it's not quite as drastic as I'd been thinking. I was loading my eggyolk OJ with sugar, and than afraid to do anything after eating them, because I was afraid my most scarce Aminos would be used for energy.

My issue is I often have late night band practices, until at least midnight but often until 3-4 in the morning. If I'm going out to practice at 9:00, am I better off eating my yolks when I come back at 4:00am, or would I be better having them at 9 before I leave (there's no serious exertion, walking, a little bit of lifting, and playing simple piano.) Or would I be better off eating the yolks at like, 5 or 6 pm, and resting a couple hours before practice?

I've also thought about mixing my eggyolk juice at 8:30 and bringing it to practice, but am afraid it would go bad.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote: If I'm going out to practice at 9:00, am I better off eating my yolks when I come back at 4:00am
For muscle growth, yes, but for good sleep, in your situation one of the following might be better:
, or would I be better having them at 9 before I leave (there's no serious exertion, walking, a little bit of lifting, and playing simple piano.) Or would I be better off eating the yolks at like, 5 or 6 pm, and resting a couple hours before practice?