Tuna

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
martianwarrior
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Tuna

Post by martianwarrior »

is the blood meat of a tuna fish safe for human consumption?

my cat loves it... i guess it's basically the meat that is closest to the main blood line.

what exactly is it?... is it just meat that is tainted with blood due to the blood line rupturing or something like that?
"the purpose is not to disengage from the physical universe. the purpose is to manifest the essence of what you are so completely that you are an aspect of the creation of the physical universe."
RRM
Administrator

Re: Tuna

Post by RRM »

Yes, its safe, in as much as the meat in general is.
Actually, all meat is blood meat, as it will never be completely void of blood.
Its just that as to how much blood the meat still contains is different.
How much blood it contains depends on a few variables:
- to what extend has the blood been let out; after having been caught, some fish simply are left to bleed just a bit longer than others.
- what part of the flesh did you purchase; some parts contain wider blood vessels than others.
- it also depends on whether you get a cut from a whole packaged fish, or that the fish was already cut priorly.
- some blood vessels will completely run empty, whereas others may remain relatively full, depending on where th fish is cut, and where pressure is applied (by the handling)

Personally, i loooove tuna blood (and any other blood, for that matter).
When you drink it, you get the full taste instantly...
WaiWay

Tuna

Post by WaiWay »

Hello,

My mom is very close minded about stuff unless she has a larger corporation (FDA) say it's alright. She still think that we should get all the four food groups just because the Canadian Food Guide recommends it. Regardless, I'm still living in her house. She said that if she sees the FDA say it's alright to consume raw, unfrozen tuna, then she'll be okay with it. I've already eaten the sashimi grade kind, it's just more expensive. So if anyone has a document with the FDA saying it's alright to consume raw, that would really help.

Thanks,

WaiWay
RRM
Administrator

Re: Tuna

Post by RRM »

Just google for "FDA, "consumption", "raw", "tuna".