What to combine with egg yolks?

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
Bha
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

What to combine with egg yolks?

Post by Bha »

Hey guys,

Sorry if this is on another thread, I wasn't too sure. But I was just wondering you you guys recommend eating your egg yolks with? I have yet to incorporate them into my diet. I can't make Orange Juice daily, so I can't always mix them into the OJ. I was thinking of putting them into my avo and tomato salad? What else would you guys recommend?

Thank you!
Maia

Re: What are egg yolks ideal with?

Post by Maia »

Hi Bha!

Try to eat them alone with a spoon and only add some parsley, dill or chives (or nothing!)
:)
A bit beyond perceptions reach
I sometimes believe I see
that life is two locked boxes, each
containing the others key -Piet Hein
Oscar
Administrator

Re: What are egg yolks ideal with?

Post by Oscar »

- pure
- as a fish dip
- with mashed banana (and some coconut oil)
- with OJ

Personally I wouldn't mix them with avocado, because of the (relatively) higher fiber content of avocado.
djkvan

Re: What to combine with egg yolks?

Post by djkvan »

I had the salmon tartar version. OMG! Sooooo good! Half a dozen yolks and 60g of salmon is perfect. I've done this twice. Two nights ago I only used four yolks and still wanted more when I was finished, so last night I did it with six. I still felt like I could have kept eating. I woke up this morning and am already thinking ahead to my next salmonyolk fix. ;D
I do so like green eggs and ham. Thank you, thank you. Sam I am.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hahaha! I have salmon + yolks every day, as a dip though...it's delicious ;)
Bha

Post by Bha »

Oh wow so much variety to choose from! I like that mashed banana and coconut oil recipe Oscar. I have plenty of bananas and recently bought coconut oil :D . Will Ahi tuni dipped in yolks work as well? And also do any of you guys use coconut oil as a moisturizer at night? I heard it works wonders on cystic acne and hyperpigmentation, which i have. If any of you do can you please give me a tutorial on how to apply it? I take daily showers at night before i go to bed btw. Some people say steam your face, put the oil on your face, steam again, then wipe off and some other says wash your face with a gentle cleanser or just water, then apply the oil and leave on overnight. Sorry if this turned into another topic, but since Oscar brought up coconut oil I thought I'd ask!

Thanks guys!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Sure, it also works with tuna.
If haven't done so already, you could check out the bottom of this page: http://www.waiworld.com/waicure/asd-moisturizers.html
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

I just bought some albacore tuna at the farmers market today. ;D It's flash-frozen at sea and vacuum sealed, but pretty much all fish is at this time of year in Vancouver is frozen. I suppose I could go to a sushi restaurant, but I don't want to shell out the extra shekels.
I do so like green eggs and ham. Thank you, thank you. Sam I am.
Bha

Post by Bha »

For your banana, coconut oil, and egg yolk recipe what would be a good ratio? One banana, one tablespoon of CO, and 2 egg yolks is my best guess. I am 5'8 and approximately 145 pounds. So I should consume about 4-5 egg yolks a day correct?

Thanks! :D
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I guess it depends on taste, but your suggestion sounds about right (maybe a bit less CO). On the ASD I'd say you should eat about 4 yolks a day (if/when you don't eat fish).
Maia

Post by Maia »

Just wanted to say that I tried salmon with egg yolk dip and it was sooo good! :D
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Good to hear :D
Elias

Mixing Egg yolks?

Post by Elias »

Hello! I just found out about this diet some weeks ago, and all I can say is I really like it! Now to the question, does mixing the egg yolks with let's say olive oil or coconut oil makes any difference when you eat them? I mean is it best to eat the egg yolks plain - just as they are or can you mix them with other things to get a better taste and still achieve the same greatness from the yolks? :)
Maia

Re: Mixing Egg yolks?

Post by Maia »

Hi Elias and welcome to the diet and the forum! :)

Mixing the yolks with olive oil or coconut oil is totally fine if you think that this tastes good. Regarding energy management you will probably feel slightly more "slow" if you eat the egg yolks with fat than if you would have eaten them with for example juice.
If you do the diet because of acne then:
1) Make sure to only stir the yolks and the oil gently, with a spoon or fork and absolutely not with a blender or mixer, and,
2) it's good to sip juice before and after the yolks (and fish...) so that your body does not use protein for energy, because that is bad for acne.

There is already a thread about what to combine with egg yolks,
so that your post has been moved here...

Good luck! :)
overkees

Post by overkees »

I really like red grape juice with egg yolks.