What to combine with egg yolks?

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
Elias
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: What to combine with egg yolks?

Post by Elias »

Thank you Maia! I never had any problems with acne, my skin has always been very clean :) if i understood you right, if you mix the egg yolk with something else you still get the exact same results from them as if you were eating them just plain? Is this right?
Maia

Post by Maia »

Regarding nutrients - yes! Just try to not mix them with fiber, that will give you gas.
A bit beyond perceptions reach
I sometimes believe I see
that life is two locked boxes, each
containing the others key -Piet Hein
mario91

Post by mario91 »

I always eat mine as egg noggs (egg yolks + white sugar + water), but without blending.

It's so good that I can never keep myself from drinking the whole glass at once :D

They also taste delicious in juices, specially in "milky" fruit juices like melon, peach, grape, etc. Taste horribly in orange juice in my opinion.
sunkist5000

Post by sunkist5000 »

I like them over two small sauted red potatoes for breakfast sometimes....

or i just eat them plain whisked with a fork...sometime i'll add stevia to sweeten

and i will blend up two bananas into a puree then add 2 egg yolks and finish whisking gently with a spoon :D
Maia

Post by Maia »

mario91 wrote: They also taste delicious in juices, specially in "milky" fruit juices like melon, peach, grape, etc. Taste horribly in orange juice in my opinion.
That's interesting, my taste is exactly the opposite! I think they taste ok in orange juice but when I once tried them in melon/grape juice it was the worst thing I had ever drunk.... :P
A bit beyond perceptions reach
I sometimes believe I see
that life is two locked boxes, each
containing the others key -Piet Hein
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

sunkist5000 wrote:I like them over two small sauted red potatoes for breakfast sometimes....
or i just eat them plain whisked with a fork...sometime i'll add stevia to sweeten
and i will blend up two bananas into a puree then add 2 egg yolks and finish whisking gently with a spoon :D
Dont do any of this if your skin is susceptible to acne...
Mr. PC

Zinc uptake inhibited by sugar?

Post by Mr. PC »

Some people have issues mixing yolks with fiber, others not. Mixed with avocado it puts some people to sleep.

If you're going for optimal it's good to rest after having the yolk, and to not eat anything while it digests. I try to make sure my glycogen stores are full by consistently consuming energy all day, so that I won't use the protein at night as energy.
pisceskyu

Post by pisceskyu »

Hi:-) so is zinc absorption affected by sugar? sometimes with yolks I swirl some raw honey into it, and the result is a taste like butterscotch candy:-) then sometimes I use this mixture with other fruits and oil, like with the mashed banana and coconut oil mentioned previously. I know there is sort of a partial ”cooking” action of the yolk due to the enzymes in the raw honey. also, there is bacteria in raw honey that in my mind would help protect me from any bad bacteria that might be in the yolks. not that I worry about contamination as I usually use the sinking/floating egg freshness test... is raw honey with its sugar, enzymes, and bacteria not a good choice to mix with yolks regarding nutrition/digestion?
dime

Post by dime »

I think it's perfectly fine to mix honey with yolks.
pisceskyu

Post by pisceskyu »

I feeling is that it is ok as well. But just curious what you guys think-however small the difference, would it be more beneficial to consume the egg yolks with raw honey or yolks alone? I know that egg yolks are already considered an easy to digest food but im wondering if the enzymes in raw honey mixed with the yolk before consumption would predigest some of the yolk making it an even easier food to digest, maybe slightly?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

If anything, mixing it with yolks would make it harder to digest, Im guessing.
That's because they are very different foods, requiring different enzymes, pH etc.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

For some time I had been eating 8 yolks in the morning (no time for this in evening) followed by 8 slow cooked whites. My stomach felt bad so I eventually stopped. On the other hand I did exactly the same in Kuwait in the evening, and felt great... So maybe its a good combo.