Fish straight or flavored?

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
dandate2
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Fish straight or flavored?

Post by dandate2 »

So I been eating raw tuna steaks with some lime and vinegar..but i'm dying for wasabi. do you guys ever flavor fish with anything besides lime and vinegar? or eat it with say lettuce/cucumber/carrot salad?
RRM
Administrator

Re: Fish straight or flavored?

Post by RRM »

dandate2 wrote:So I been eating raw tuna steaks with some lime and vinegar..but i'm dying for wasabi. do you guys ever flavor fish with anything besides lime and vinegar? or eat it with say lettuce/cucumber/carrot salad?
Beginners in general are always looking for ways to flavor their food,
because thats what happens on a normal diet;
You are used to lots of flavoring because most of the stuff you normally eat cannot go without any flavoring
(pasta, rice, beans etc).
But once you are accustomed to eating the Wai food without any flavoring, thats when you discover how great it tastes all by itself.
Why is that so hard to notice in the beginning?
Because our taste is very adaptive; it has adapted to all those spices.
Salt, for example; the more salt you are used to consume, the more you need on the food to make it 'nice'.
Only after a period of having consumed no salt at all, you will notice how extremely 'in your face' the taste of salt is.
and how salty 'normal food' is.
The same goes for spicy foods; the more you use, the more you need.
Some people can eat hot peppers just like that, simply because they are used to it.

So, all you need is going 'cold turkey' for a few weeks,
and then you will notice how wonderful that straight fish tastes. (dont even use lime or vinegar)
A taste that remains hidden by the use of spices / flavoring.
dandate2

Post by dandate2 »

I kind of noticed that today actually. Raw fish with lime and vinegar tasted better today than it did my first day yesterday ;D

yeah that skin was chewy as hell im so lucky i didnt break a venear
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

ha ha :)
Iris

Post by Iris »

And some people like egg yolk on their fish. I never do, though. Fresh raw fish doen't need anything, it's as perfect as can be straight.