warmed up yolks (40 degrees Celsius)

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
overkees
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

warmed up yolks (40 degrees Celsius)

Post by overkees »

When I began the diet I really loved the yolks, I got up to a moment where I ate +10 yolks a day. Then I got nauseated after consuming these amounts and switched to 7 yolks. Now I only consume 5-6 yolks a day and feeling alot better. However, I developped a dislike for the yolk taste after a while, the mouth feeling was not nice anymore and the taste was getting worse than it used to be. I don't find it gross, but certainly not tasty.

So i tried to stir it with a whisk to make it more of a foam and add a little bit of lemon juice. The mouth feeling and taste were alot better, but I still wasn't satisfied.

That's why I changed the way I consume yolks, because they are extremely beneficial for you and not including them would be no option for me. What I do now is heating water in a pan to 60-70 degrees. In this water I put a iron cup with the yolks in it. I then stir it with a fork until the yolk reaches a temperature of around 40 degrees. I try to let them have the body temperature. This way the yolk loses the nasty tasting flavor and the beautiful aromes begin to take over, it also gets a tiny bit creamy. This way yolks are once again a thing to look out for. Im a sucker for them once again. Regarding oxysterol, would 40 degrees cause too much harm?

What I also find very confusing is that we need to eat yolks preferably in one setting. If your blood sugar is good throughout the day, what's the problem? I read that vitamin pills are not good to take in as a whole pill, because your body can't absorb so much vitamins at once. But egg yolks contain a hell lot of vitamins. And some people here on wai eat 10 of them in one setting. Why do they form an exception? Because it's a fatty substance and the most vitamins are fat soluble? But what about the minerals? I think eating it in 2 settings, one at your breakfast and one as supper will be alot better regarding nutrient distribution.
RRM
Administrator

Re: warmed up yolks (40 degrees Celsius)

Post by RRM »

overkees wrote:Regarding oxysterol, would 40 degrees cause too much harm?
I dont think so.
What I also find very confusing is that we need to eat yolks preferably in one setting. If your blood sugar is good throughout the day, what's the problem?
Thats for acne.
If you are susceptible to acne, you must rest after eating egg yolks,
which may pose a problem if you have to do that more than once a day.
I read that vitamin pills are not good to take in as a whole pill, because your body can't absorb so much vitamins at once. But egg yolks contain a hell lot of vitamins. And some people here on wai eat 10 of them in one setting. Why do they form an exception?
It takes time to digest the egg yolks, because they are fatty,
which creates a time-release effect.
I think eating it in 2 settings, one at your breakfast and one as supper will be alot better regarding nutrient distribution.
Sure, but its less practical for those who are susceptible to acne.
mario91

Post by mario91 »

So funny, my story is very alike! I started having constipation with yolks (cause i love eating 12-20 a day, my body and mind feel really great with it), so I created the north pole eggs recipe: mixing the yolks with sugar, then adding hot water from the tube, then freezing. The freezing acts kinda like a pasteurization (besides the hot water sterlization) which is cool. You get a real creamy ice cream, very tasteful and non shit-smelling. Yet I still have constipation with this, sometimes... Last time I spent the whole day with constipation from only eating like 5 yolks. I dunno why.
Im gonna try your method overkees, hope it works better. Thx for sharing!
dime

Post by dime »

overkees wrote: What I also find very confusing is that we need to eat yolks preferably in one setting. If your blood sugar is good throughout the day, what's the problem? I read that vitamin pills are not good to take in as a whole pill, because your body can't absorb so much vitamins at once. But egg yolks contain a hell lot of vitamins. And some people here on wai eat 10 of them in one setting. Why do they form an exception? Because it's a fatty substance and the most vitamins are fat soluble? But what about the minerals? I think eating it in 2 settings, one at your breakfast and one as supper will be alot better regarding nutrient distribution.
In my opinion eating the egg yolks at once is good to completely empty the gallblader once a day, as prevention against gallstones.
Iris

Post by Iris »

I do something similar with fish (usually salmon). I looove salmon, yet only when it is at body temperature. So after slicing it up, I put it under a halogen bureaulamp. After a few minutes it is slightly warmer, still raw, but when I check it with a fingertip, it doesn't feel cold. When I don't have my bureaulamp in reach, I warm up my plate in advance by holding it under running hot water for a short while so the salmon is warmed up a bit too when putting it on the plate. Delicious!!!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I also warm up my salmon. I buy frozen wild salmon fillets and fill a big bowl with warm water (about 50 degrees Celsius).
Then i put one chunck of frozen salmon in a small plastic bag and throw that into the water.
After 10 minutes the salmon is ready.