Simple methods for ingesting less bacteria with raw eggyolks

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
mario91
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Simple methods for ingesting less bacteria with raw eggy

Post by mario91 »

Mr. PC wrote:I'm still unable to understand your method Mario91. In the first step, you crack the egg with your left hand. Does this cracking cause the egg to break in half evenly? My eggs don't do that.
Ofc not, I'm not a magician. I crack the egg with my left hand, and this makes a little crack, enough to put the WHOLE egg (SHELL INCLUDED) in my pit-shaped right hand's palm, and be able to remove the upper half of the shell with my left hand. This way, the egg will never touch my right hand's fingers (where the content is gonna be threw in and the white drained), which is the whole point of this.

I've been doing this for a couple of weeks now and it's definitely the best method I've found so far. And also the easiest and fastest. I haven't got one single bad smelling egg yolk so far.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

ok, I tried your method (now that I understand it) and it works, although after I drain the whites, there is still a bit of white sticking to the yolk, so I rinse off my empty hand, and then move the yolk onto it, rinse my right hand (which is now empty) and repeat until the white is gone.

I'm also washing the shells for good measure; I figure it can't hurt, especially when buying caged eggs.
mario91

Post by mario91 »

Mr. PC wrote:ok, I tried your method (now that I understand it) and it works, although after I drain the whites, there is still a bit of white sticking to the yolk, so I rinse off my empty hand, and then move the yolk onto it, rinse my right hand (which is now empty) and repeat until the white is gone.

I'm also washing the shells for good measure; I figure it can't hurt, especially when buying caged eggs.
Rinsing hands with water won't rinse off all the bacteria from the egg shells. You may be spoiling all the work you've done before. But if it works for you (if the yolk doesn't get bad smell), keep it up.

About washing shells, yeah I don't think it will hurt either, as long as you do it only with water. I do that, also. But egg shells are permeable, so if you wash it with soap as I've advised in my first post, some soap might get in (don't know for sure).