egg yolk digestion

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
Justin
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

egg yolk digestion

Post by Justin »

is it possible that egg yolks only digest well without fiber being in the stomach and preferably on an empty stomach. feelings i am getting after eating egg yolks lately are making me think this. what do others think?
there is something not right about eating egg yolks at the moment, very fresh ones aswell :?
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

Yes.
Egg yolks are protein and prteins don't mix well with fibers. Caused bacterial decomposition.
I don't have this problem with egg yolks but with fish. SO I don't eat anything one hour before and one and 1/2 hours after eating fish.
hope this helps.
jjah

Post by jjah »

I have a very hard time with mixing egg yolks and fiber, the only things I mix them with is OJ and ripe bananas, oh and avocadoes too; in fact for some reason they seem to go down better when I mix them with these rather than eating them alone or even after the fruit. But if I eat a salad or an apple with brazil nuts I have to wait about 3 hrs before I eat the yolks or it will give me anything from nausea to heart burn, and sometimes even still have a hard time;if the salad is big. Right now I am pregnant and more sensitive to things and yolks are my staple food so I just avoid the fiber and pretty much eat bananas, OJ, oil and yolks, thoughout the day, and then if I have a munch food at dinner such as cooked veggies or something I have to wait the three hours and then have more yolks right before bed which has been working out very well for me.

But I don't think one needs to have an empty stomach before eating the yolks(depending on whats in it), though perhaps a not to full one is best. I have yolks every 1-3 hrs thoughout the day mixed with OJ or banana. I go against the rules but I dont realy rest after the yolks any more. I take it easy for an hr and then I may go on a walk if I like without the bad affects or acne. In the begining I HAD to rest or I would feel sick, but now I am so used to eating egg yolks (18-21 a day) that they don't do this any more unless I were to go for a run or something. I don't know to much about the fish for I rarely eat it, though raw salmon is SO delicious! (But then again, you weren't asking about fish)

This is my experiencne, I hope it helps in any way.

By the way Justin, how are you eating them; what with?(if you don't mind my asking)
Justin

Post by Justin »

I eat them on their own, up to 12 at a time, but i've experienced some unpleasant feelings recently like i had liquid cement sitting in my stomach for over 3 hours. then i started waiting until i had an empty stomach and was really hungry, and this feeling wen't away.
I never used to have this problem with egg yolks although recently my body no longer wanted me to eat fish after yolks which is also new. i think food combining is really important, although very complex to understand. this makes the most sense to me http://www.drbass.com/sequential.html thanks for responding Corinne and jjah.
jjah

Post by jjah »

I'm not very learned on this but perhaps eating so many yolks in one sittin without anything added is just simply more than you body needs at the time so it takes longer to ingest. I know if I go over board , not saying you are, if I don't REaly need it I will much regret it later for that full feeling as well as the heavy stomach. But if I keep the meals/snack smaller things run much more smoothly and I can eat more often. I have never tried eating fish afer yolks so I don't know how that feels; I alway have just one protien at a time. Perhaps as you progress with this diet you are becoming more and more aware of how you feel and should feel as for the proper combinations and amounts and thats why it changes.

Don't know if this helps at all.
Justin

Post by Justin »

The reason i have them all at one sitting is so i only have to rest and stop eating for 2/3 hours once a day. Thats why i tried eating the fish with the yolks. I would eat more yolks but 12 is expensive enough.
I think because the yolks are almost liquid, they can mix in with the food you've eaten before, which can impair digestion. I think it's better to eat lots of yolks on as empty a stomach as possible.
jjah thanks for the responses, by the way 20 yolks should do wonders for your baby, there aren't too many babies that will get better nourishment than yours. good luck
jjah

Post by jjah »

Oh, now I see. I guess I frget the rest thing becuase I don't realy rest like your suppose to; don't feel like I need to unless I have quite a bit of pro. at once. When I started the yolks I had to do it right at bed time so I would be well rested after.

I find eggs to be the cheepest food for what they provide. I buy 18 extra large eggs for 1.50 and thats for one day. Considering that they are my staple food this is pretty cheep for me. I find fruit to e more costy.

The yolks nourish me so much that they must nuorish my baby...thanks Justin for the good luck wishes.

Also does anyone know if it matters what size of egg you get? The extra lage yolks are so much bigger than the large.
Justin

Post by Justin »

I actually prefer the medium eggs because in my experience they seem to stay much fresher (although there isn't that much logic to it, it seems to be true). I find those large ones are often very watery. Thats just a personal preference, not something to take notice to.
18 extra large eggs for 1.50 and your probably talking dollars too. damn thats cheap. i'm buying 6 medium organic for £1.30. :shock:
What type of eggs are they? They surely can't be free range/organic?
jjah

Post by jjah »

True, I have found that large eggs are more jelly in the whites; meaning more fresh. I buy just your reg. every day egg. I shop at the commesary which is for the military(my hub is a marine), and every thing is cheeper there, though I also get them at costco. I use to get egglands best eggs for 1.89 doz. when I was't eating so many, then I read some where that all that free range, omega, heath, organic and so on is all just a big scam. The life of a chicken is not that grand; but then again they are one of the stuppidest of creatures. My family use to own chickens, and we feed them feed, even though they would roam oround during the day eating bugs and stuff.

Don't know what to think about the health industry; they are surely trying to make a buck too I'm shure; or should I say two bucks for every thing that is "more healthy" is twice as much!
jmbattle

Post by jmbattle »

Hello again,

Regarding rest period, I understand that upon consuming proteinacious food, it is advisable to rest for an hour or two to aid digestion. However, surely the quantity is also an issue? For example, if after eating three or four egg yolks one remains inactive for two hours, would it not be logical to suggest a longer resting period upon consuming six to eight egg yolks? A larger amount of food surely requires a greater amount of time to digest effectively, correct?

With regards to eggs, here in Tokyo the best price I have found for ten 'L' sized white eggs is approximately 160JPY ($1.35 / 0.80GBP, according to XE.com). I can expect to pay almost double this depending on where I shop. Brown eggs are typically more expensive, however I am unaware why this would be the case.

I purchase the 'L' size simply because they offer a larger yolk, and even then these eggs 'feel' smaller than what I am used to in the UK.

By the way, I must take my hat off to folk consuming over ten yolks a day (18?!) - you certainly have a good deal more patience than myself; cracking each one open, removing all the white to leave a clean yolk, before finally slicing with a knife to drain off the fluid...phew!

Take care,
James
x
jjah

Post by jjah »

oh, I am very fast at draining the yolk now. Hated it in the begining.

I do it by the sink, crack the shell pour egg into my hand, spread my fingers a bit under running water, flop the yolk from hand to hand under the water to remove all traces of white, bounch my hand a few times to drip off, then holding in one hand I pinch a little skin off(discard) and turn the yolk over a cup or dish and let the yolk drain out. I have gotten very fast at this method.

Do eggs come in cartons of ten there?

The rest on amount size seems to be perfect for my take on the matter.
jmbattle

Post by jmbattle »

Yes, that is largely my method also, although I do not rinse the yolk under the tap (will have to give that a try!), and I use a knife to make a slit, squeez out the yolk liquid, then rub the 'bag' between my fingers until I'm left with something resembling white mucus.

Oh, and yes, eggs come in plastic cartons here - often rather difficult to actually open too! The staff in the supermarkets nearly have a fit when I announce that I shall not be requiring a separate carrierbag *just* for the eggs!

Cheers,
James
x
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

An even easier method is to just simlpy hold the yolk in one hand and suck the fluid out of of the sac... No draining required at all!
jjah

Post by jjah »

yeah, if I'm in a hurry I just tilt my head back and pour the yolk into my mouth, but I must say this way is not so atractive of ladylike. I don't suck the yolk out becuase I don't want to mess up my lipstick; for if I'm in a hurry I would more likely be wearing some.
jmbattle

Post by jmbattle »

Thank you for the suggestions, even if drinking 'straight from the sack' would look rather peculiar to the other folks I live with here...

Take care,
James
x