which eggs? (and 'foodchain', 'superiority' and 'happiness')

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
rischott
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by rischott »

Humans often ask themselves, "what is my purpose?" "what does it mean to be human?". Some decide that our purpose is nothing, some decide it is to conquer and destroy, some decide it is to love, and others decide we are to serve God/or Gods and do as they ask of us.

But ultimately, none of this matters. Humans only purpose is the search for happiness and pleasure and/or the state away from unhappiness and non pleasure. When we are in state of happiness, we are content yet that contentment is gone by the time we realize the happiness exists. So, we search once again for happiness. That is our cycle, that is all that matters. The purpose of the cows, monkeys, germs, fungi, stars, sun, none of them truly matter.

Our external and internal world are nothing more than random chemical combinations. That is why Wai's diet is one of the most logical diets possible. It creates the atmosphere in our minds/body that brings about the best possibility for happiness. We can fulfill our happiness by just eating and resting, the same as countless other species do in the animal kingdom.

We can falsely say that a God has given those things to us (cows, monkeys, germs, fungi, stars, sun), and by doing so we are happy because we have a created figure that has created a world for us and only us. So, some people may be happy with this conclusion, but it does not make it a reality for 'all' humans. Some are not happy with this conclusion of the purpose of life.

So what about those countless other godless creatures? They find other ways of creating happiness. They build bridges, tunnels, 100 story buildings, invade and conquer foriegn lands to exploit natural resources, have sex with countless men/women, etc. But they are finding and losing happiness daily, never containing 100% fulfillment.

What i'm trying to say here is that regardless of our free will and of our supposed superior intellect to all of species, we still have not found a cure to the ills unhappiness. God/Gods are great substitutes, but they/it are still an illusion. No matter how many video games there are, how powerful drugs we can found, how many hookers we can buy, happiness runs/destroys us. And those how have discovered this (Buddhists-#1 principle is All life is suffering) are the fartheset away from modern technology. They simply eat, meditate, perfrom daily chores, and rest.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

In my opinion happiness can be easily obtained, and isn't dependent on external influences/motivation. Many people believe their happiness depends on external factors, like the possession of money, a house, a car, a partner, etc. Where happiness is just a state of mind. If you want to be happy, then be happy. :)
avalon

Post by avalon »

Okay, I'm late to this thread and I'm going nowhere near any serious comment until I'm done watching my 'Preaching with so and so' program this sunday morning...

I will say WOW!!!

CurlyGirl, you blew me away with your mastery of words! And JJah, Look what you started!

A Year ago my Yorkie Terrier of 14 years passed away. I don't have children. She was my best friend and like my child. So not a human child, but I loved that little doggie more than I can say. Someone once told me "It's just a Dog". To me she had and was a living 'Soul'. I see that soul in my 8 year old cat. It may be a bit psycho, but that's hopefully, what we all share here. I don't believe any creatures life is more valuable than my own...at least any that I can see with my eyes and not under a microscope...okay, maybe...I'll have to do more research then...oh jeez

But if a mosquito bites me it's sayonara fly boy!
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

avalon wrote:Okay, I'm late to this thread and I'm going nowhere near any serious comment until I'm done watching my 'Preaching with so and so' program this sunday morning...

I will say WOW!!!
RTFL

I don't want to take any sides here, but the whole discussion about the food chain implies that as human beings, we do not have a choice over what we eat.

"Of course we love chicken and cows, and they have the "right" to live the best life they can, but we don't have any choice but to consume their meat." - this is how I read the argument.

But I think most people exercise their choice by eating animal meat. In the case of a lion, you cannot blame him for moral incongruency because it is in his instinct to eat meat. Human beings are the only animals that can break away from instinctual patterns and actually have freedom of choice. We also know which vitamins and supplements to take, not to mention that some vegetarians don't take supplements and live for a long time (Buddhist monks). From this standpoint, as a meateater, I would hesitate to argue morally for my choice beyond the fact that I'm too weak to give it up. I'm not proud of it, and I know that even though there's no hierarchy in nature (the very concept of hierarchy is human mind construction), we do exert right on the life and death of most animals on this planet, including the survival of wild animals. That's a lot of moral responsibility!
thecalaquendi

Post by thecalaquendi »

I'm two years late but... what ever happened to Jjah? Did he/she/it run off to church in search for answers?