Egg Yolk Sack

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
avalon
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Egg Yolk Sack

Post by avalon »

Hi eveyone!

Does anyone know why not to eat the sack of the yolk, if one doesn't suffer from acne/cellulite?

I haven't perfected the 'slit and drain' way and it is just so easy to drop the yolk in a shot glass with a drop of soy sauce.

I've been searching for more info and can't find any.

thanx!
RRM
Administrator

Re: Egg Yolk Sack

Post by RRM »

The egg yolk sack is similar to the peel of fruits; its solely there to contain that what matters; its contents. Like the egg white, the sack contains enzyminhibitors, which even may cause nausea.
avalon

Thanx but...

Post by avalon »

What if I don't feel nausea? I guess what I am asking is, is it alright to eat the yolk this way? There seems so little of the sack comapred to yolk volume???

thanx for the quick response!
jmbattle

Post by jmbattle »

Yes, well I was curious too, however I appear to have developed a 'taste' for both the flavour and text of raw egg yolk. If I accidentally drop a little of the sack into my cup, I can usually locate it once inside my mouth, jostle everything around a bit, before managing to swallow the yolk whilst isolating the rouge portion of the sack.

I have had one or two lively debates with friends attempting to convince me that it is better to consume the entire egg, as discarding the white is effectively wasting a large amount of the nutritional content - one person suggested the white helps to break down the fat of the egg, which I'm not all together convinced by.

Take care,
James
x
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

I have had one or two lively debates with friends attempting to convince me that it is better to consume the entire egg, as discarding the white is effectively wasting a large amount of the nutritional content - one person suggested the white helps to break down the fat of the egg, which I'm not all together convinced by.
Hmm...I'm not convinced either, as I'm quite sure that all the lecithin - which is what breaks down the fats - is contained within the yolk. I'm no expert on this matter though:)

~Amber
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Ha, ha, we need egg white to digest fat properly, thats a nice one :D

Yes, that 'taste' tells it all.
Very good listening to your body!

Avalon, if you dont feel the nausea, if doesnt mean your body is different than that of others. Just that you dont feel the difference. But if you prefer to eat the sack as well; go for it. Probably in time you will notice the difference.
avalon

thanx!

Post by avalon »

Thanx for the info. It's funny, the little things that 'get ya' meaning, it bothers me when I have drained the yolk bag, and there''s that little bit of yellow left in there :) I want it ALL!

I'm used to eating Ikura ( salmon roe) and I can''t believe I'm writing this about raw egg yolks but i kind of like the egg popping in my mouth... eeewwwwwww :)

How can something so right, sound so wrong lol!
jmbattle

Post by jmbattle »

avalon, as a child, I used to rather enjoy my mother's greasy fried eggs. I would carefully cut around the egg white, before scooping up the entire yolk and letting it 'pop' inside my mouth.

Not that I would condone eating fried eggs!

Take care,
James
x
avalon

Had to include a pic :)

Post by avalon »

Just for color!

Bottoms up!

Avalon
jmbattle

Post by jmbattle »

Yum!

What is the darker orange on top of the yolk? Or is this merely the refracting light?

James
x
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think that's the soy sauce, right?

(You do know that soy sauce is a munch food, because it contains cooked soy, salt, and (addictive) wheat? :?)
avalon

Soy and egg

Post by avalon »

Hi!

Yeah it's the soy. Actually that photo shows a drop or two more than I'm doing now. I'm new to all this so that shot in the pic had too much. I'm adding like two drops for the hint of flavor. I think it's because of my sushi past. I am cutting back on the amount of soy.

And other than soy, my only munch food is saute spinach with garlic in olive oil.

I'm still learning but for the moment the shot is my favorite way for raw egg consumption. I liked it in avocado, but not as much. What else could I use via shot glass that wouldn't be a munchy?

Avalon
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I understand. :) I remember wanting to cut down on the shoyu because of the salt, so I used olive oil with some drops of shoyu with the sashimi. I kept liking even the smallest hint of taste, so I started to wonder why that was the case. Looking on the bottle label I discovered it actually contained wheat, which was a real surprise for me, but it did explain why I kept 'craving' it. :)

Anyways, I think it's a tough question what to use with the egg yolks...maybe olive oil? A little OJ? Sugar?
avalon

yolk and oj

Post by avalon »

hey oscar,

Years ago I used to put raw eggs in a blender with OJ and Banana and blend. Of course I had no clue about blending damage then. I did enjoy the taste though. For some reason, at leats for now, I have no interest making the yolk experience a sweet one. Hmmm not sure why.

Would a dash of sea salt be better than the soy with wheat? Do they make soy sauce wheat free? I havent given this much thought, but will expore.

I have to admit there is a part of me that feels i am now part of some "food cult"! I say this because it's so very exciting and what a learning experience!

Best wishes,

Avalon
avalon

wheat-free soy sauce

Post by avalon »

Hi everyone!

Knowledge is a wonderful thing. Now I know there is organic wheat-free soy sauce! The same brand I bought that has soy, has other choices. Something I never considered.

http://www.san-j.com/pages/tamardsc.htm

So now I will make a point of getting wheat-free soy!!!

Thanx for this pointer!

Avalon