How many raw eggs are too many (not for acne)

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
Mr. PC
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

How many raw eggs are too many (not for acne)

Post by Mr. PC »

Hi,

So I'm not taking the diet for acne (and am very.... not strict, though I still believe the principals).

My question, I'd like to take 12 eggyolks a day, in order to gain weight, and have energy while working (I can work with juice etc.)

Is that overdoing it? Will that number of eggyolks cause health problems with too-much fat?
RRM
Administrator

Re: How many raw eggs are too many (not for acne)

Post by RRM »

Normally, endogenous cholesterol production is adjusted to the influx of dietary cholesterol; the more cholesterol you consume, the less you produce.
The same is true for the reuptake of cholesterol from bile acids; the more you consume, the less is reuptaken.
So, in general, it will be perfectly fine, only some people cannot properly adjust the production and reuptake rates.
Just try to listen to your body; if your body doesn't like to eat 12 yolks daily, it will definitely tell you. So, don't force it upon your body; if 12 yolks daily doesn't sit well, simply consume fewer.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

I notice after 5, I don't feel like eating any more. So then do you suggest stopping at 5?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Exactly.
Cholesterol is a nutrient, just like glucose. Once your need for glucose has been satisfied, and the depot filled up (with glycogen), your appetite for sugar goes down drastically. Naturally, the same is true for cholesterol.
Just listen to your body.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

So do you think this is a matter of too much cholesterol? I'd been assuming it was my body telling me I'd had too much bacteria.

So I'm thinking 5 in the morning and 5 in the evening. I'm trying to gain weight, and eggs (even the most expensive brand) are cheap here).
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote: Thu 12 Apr 2018 20:02 So do you think this is a matter of too much cholesterol? I'd been assuming it was my body telling me I'd had too much bacteria.
No, your body is used to the bacteria now.
If the eggs would contain too much bacteria, your body would resort to immediate deportation (going to the toilet), rather than inhibiting appetite.
How effective your cholesterol metabolism is (cholester>bile acids > reabsorption) is individually different and determines your appetite for egg yolks.
So I'm thinking 5 in the morning and 5 in the evening. I'm trying to gain weight, and eggs (even the most expensive brand) are cheap here).
If your body doesn't mind, its fine