salami :)

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
csamo001
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

salami :)

Post by csamo001 »

Another one from me: since salami is raw meat, it shouldn't be bad....
Or is it?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Apparently nearly all varieties of salami are cured with salt and seasoned with spices and herbs.
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

it's very processed....processed meat = lethal
csamo001

Post by csamo001 »

thanks!!!!
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

On that note, all so-called raw 'cured' meats these days (unless they are made at home by dedicated, traditional producers who are patient in their art) are likely to contain nitrates and nitrites, which form nitrosamines in the gut which can lead to cancer. So BEWARE! (Aside from this, Oscar's point about the high salt content of these cured meats is very important to remember if you are susceptible to acne.)
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

thanks for that info CG!
:)
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

No problem :-)
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

main cause of stomach cancer = cured meats

my Grandma died of stomach cancer. I asked my mum if my Grandma ever ate cured meats. She looked horrified and said "she worked in a deli!" - she ate them every day :(
huntress

Post by huntress »

Nitrite + proteins (from meat) {under acidic condition:stomach acids}-----> nitrosamines (carcinogenic)

Another thing to note is that nitrites will react with the haemoglobins from the meat's blood and form a pinkish colourization which is why sausages/weiners/frankfurters, meatloaf, ham...etc are pink.

Pink meat=nitrites--->nitrosamines=carcinogenic=cancerous

So avoid pink meats! :P
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

eek!
I'm probably going to get cancer then. Childhood diet has a huge impact on your lifelong health and my childhood diet was full of pink meat.

For my school lunch box my mum gave me a ham sandwhich, a sausage roll, and a scotch egg (contains sausage meat) and for my dinner boiled ham or corned beef. What was she thinking?! I hated every mouthful, I thought all food tasted disgusting. Then suddenly when I became vegetarian all food tasted nice (except cheese).
anoushka

Post by anoushka »

yes, I guess my mum was right, she thinks i eat sausages too often, which i shall now stop as I'm going to go on wai's diet day after tommorow, once i have all the ingredients and everything else planned out etc.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Once you have managed to completely clear your skin, you can start experimenting with consuming really raw beef... If the meat is of high quality and really raw (hard to tell, unless you are experienced and taste it), it tastes very, very good.