Sashimi Necessary?

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
Sharrhan
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Sashimi Necessary?

Post by Sharrhan »

Hi. I follow Wai's diet pretty religiously, but I don't eat the fish. (Don't like the taste, don't want to eat animals, don't want the mercury. . .) I eat a little more raw egg than she calls for instead. I feel great and don't have any of the problems I had on the vegan raw food diet. I'd just like some feedback on this. Thanks!
RRM
Administrator

Re: Sashimi Necessary?

Post by RRM »

If you eat the egg yolks, you dont need the fish, strictly speaking.
If you are in perfect shape (metally and physically), you will be allright.

Nutrition requirements however, differ per individual, also because some have more difficulty producing specific nutrients than others.
For example:

1) Some people are very much serotonine sensitive, which means that they have some difficulty converting sufficient tryptophan into serotonin.
For these people it is very helpful to consume fish for its high contents of B3, which saves tryptophan for serotonin (because B3 is also made of tryptophan).

2) Some people are quite omega-3 sensitive, in the sense that they dont just need linolenic acid (LNA, also present in fruits), but also sufficient of the other omega-3 fats, because they have some difficulty composing sufficient of the other (EPA, DPA, DHA) omega-3 fats. (especially men)
For these people its helpful to consume fish because egg yolks contain little DPA and no EPA, while fish contains very much of these omega-3 fats too.