other meats

About (not) consuming fresh raw fish and fresh raw egg yolks
johndela1
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

other meats

Post by johndela1 »

What would be good for me to eat besides fish? The reason salmon is recommended is because it has beneficial fats correct? What would be the best land animal to eat? Is beef a good choice? It seems to be one of the easiest for me to get.
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

they'll say what do you want to eat other meats for, the Wai diet is the height of dietary perfection!!
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Cairidh wrote:they'll say what do you want to eat other meats for, the Wai diet is the height of dietary perfection!!

Cost. Sashimi is very expensive. Maybe I'll find that grassfed beef will be expensive, too.

I've been reading alot of articles about low carb diets and paleo diets.

What a change. I mean I used to be a raw (semi raw, most of the time) vegan. I'm now longer looking for articles that are vegan oriented but now am considering that I want to know what is best to eat. I'm letting go of my vegan bias. I am hapy with this diet (acne diet), but am still researching for my own knowledge.

just to be clear, my main reason for this is health not to prevent acne
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

Have you heard of Aojanus Vonderplanitz? His 2 books are very interesting. But don't tell RRM I said that, he's not a fan. Image
huntress

Post by huntress »

they'll say what do you want to eat other meats for, the Wai diet is the height of dietary perfection!!...Have you heard of Aojanus Vonderplanitz? His 2 books are very interesting. But don't tell RRM I said that, he's not a fan.
:lol: :lol: :lol: HAHAHA! Cairidh, you're too funny!
avalon

Post by avalon »

hey, I know what you mean. Not only about expense, but where to get the food you trust. I too am learning more about Paleo and other diests such as Anopsology and Natural Hygiene. But, at the same time, trying to remain true to raw. So I still will have sashimi, but it's not always easy to find fresh.

Two weeks ago at a supermarket called Albertson's, I found 'Wild Harvest' ground meat. Hormone, anitibiotic free- vegetarian fed. I'm not sure if it's grass fed, but I have made Steak tartare with it and topped it with a raw yolk. I have always eaten my burgers rare, so the truth is it tastes pretty much the same. I do sprinkle organic soy in it.

I know ground beef is considered dangerous, but...well...I'm guilty. I do love the yolks and do the Brazil nuts, and I do like having that extra choice on the menu...

fingers crossed.

Hey, question for all...

Do we build up a resistence then for ecoli or other bacteria as time goes on?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

johndela1 wrote:Cost. Sashimi is very expensive.
My fresh mackerel on average costs me €1.75 (about $2) per day.
avalon wrote:Do we build up a resistence then for ecoli or other bacteria as time goes on?
We have E. Coli in our intestines...why would you want to build up resistance against it?
avalon

Post by avalon »

Fresh Mackerel at $2.00 a day sounds terrific! I have not been able to find any mackerel near where i live that looks fresh enough to buy.

Oscar wrote:
We have E. Coli in our intestines...why would you want to build up resistance against it?
ehh, well, if it hapens to be in the meat also... :oops:

Say it's bigger and badder and not a happy camper??? Isn't it also by eating egg yolks as we do we are more prepared for Salmonella if or when it comes a knocking?
huntress

Post by huntress »

I think what avalon is refering to is the Enteropathogenic strain of E.coli (EPEC) specifically the infamous O157:H7 strain which produces enterotoxins that can cause severe vomitting and diarrhea. They are mostly found in raw beef.

Well, as far as I know, it (the e.coli) may built up resistance against whatever antibiotics we ingest. Yet another of nature's paradoxical effect.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yeah, my fishstore brings fresh fish every day, from one of the harbors. Mackerel is the best! Even if RRM disagrees! ;)

Regarding the bacteria, I think it's more a question of getting our bodies acquainted with the bacteria flora, so it knows how to keep the balance, and can quickly and adequately react to any disturbances. Once our immune system is in top condition, and we regularly come in contact with bacteria, we should be fine, I think.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Oscar wrote:My fresh mackerel on average costs me €1.75 (about $2) per day.
I'll check for that near my home. That sounds great.
abicahsoul

List of meats (everything on four legs or with wings.. )

Post by abicahsoul »

I dunno if there is already a thread for this. But I did a search and couldn't find.

I have only been eating raw beef. When it comes to irradiation I am not sure if they do it in Sweden when you buy over the counter. I don't think so, and the personnel doesn't seem to know about it.
However, I buy my beef at a food court where all the beef comes from one ecological farm on an island. The meat has not been done anything to at all. At most it has hung for two weeks. It hangs in a glass chamber behind the counter where we can all see it. ;D I asked and squinted a stern and menacing green eye at the butcher behind the counter and asked if they did anything at all to the meat, any heat, or freeze or irradiation or antibiotics etc.. but he said no. And also it turns out these Simgus cows get massage.. I know how that works cuz my uncle has such a barn for cows.. there is a mechanical massage station where the cow can go if she feels so inclined.. and also they have tempur matresses to lie on.. haha..

I love my raw beef.. I prefer it in thin slices and not ground.. either with yolk, or with olive oil or perhaps as a luxury both.. :lol:

but I had a shock when I read in another thread that RRM eats raw chicken and turkey!!! :? :shock:
I thought it was really dangerous because of some special bacteria/parasite (dunno which) in chicken (and turkey?) :? :o
but then again, perhaps it is the big 'germ ghost'
so do you eat raw fresh chicken and turkey? do you put any safe herbs or oils or something to it? or just olive oil?
and now I'm curious,
are there other meats which y'all have had good results with?
lamb?
(pork I guess is out.. cuz of trichinae)?
and bottom line: what is tasty and what is not?? ;D
Iris

Re: other meats

Post by Iris »

I have eaten plain raw chicken and turkey. No special oils or whatsoever, just chicken. Like you might have read, your body is perfectly capable of taking care of any bacteria etc when it's "trained" (when it gets in contact with bacteria on a regular basis, thus when you are used to eating raw food). I like it very much (every now and then, not to often ;))

Not to long ago I tried some game which I thought was really good; dear, kangaroo and he-goat. Especially the latter is worth a try :) The meat I tried was previously frozen.
RRM
Administrator

Re: List of meats (everything on four legs or with wings.. )

Post by RRM »

abicahsoul wrote:but I had a shock when I read in another thread that RRM eats raw chicken and turkey!!! :? :shock:
I thought it was really dangerous because of some special bacteria/parasite (dunno which) in chicken (and turkey?) :? :o
Yes, salmonella.
It has a bad reputation, but its only harmful for the untrained.
If your food is always cooked / treated until sterile (elderly homes)
your defense is not trained to be able to deal with salmonella,
so if you then get in touch with it accidentally, you may be a great risk.
So, they are equally dangerous as raw egg yolks.
so do you eat raw fresh chicken and turkey?
Yes.
do you put any safe herbs or oils or something to it? or just olive oil?
Nothing, though sometimes egg yolk.
are there other meats which y'all have had good results with?
Yes, veal and beef, but only the best parts ("the oyster"/"tenderloin")
I also love surfclams and ama ebi (greenland prawns)
Regarding beef you just need to make sure to consume high quality (tenderloin), non-grounded beef,
preferably previously frozen. (freezing has been shown to be effective against topical E coli)
lamb?
is usually tougher.
(pork I guess is out.. cuz of trichinae)?
Indeed, pork is a no-no.
Probably the most important reason why we should not eat raw pork is Trichinella spiralis.
This tiny parasite (1.6 mm max) is serious business. It is one of the longest known parasites;
It has caused havoc for many, many centuries all over the world,
and it may be why the banning of pork got institutionalized in religions (Islam, Judaism).
The adult (but tiny) worms mature in the intestines of pigs or wild carnivores such as swines, cats and bears.
Its larvae penetrate our intestinal wall, enter (and feed on) the blood and lymphe, and get encysted / capsuled in in muscle tissue.
Occasionally they migrate to the brain or heart and cause death.
abicahsoul

Re: other meats

Post by abicahsoul »

surfclams (?) I have to google that one.. and ama ebi.. do you eat them raw = when they are grayish.. `? because as I understand all prawn and shrimps that we buy that are pinkish have been previsouly cooked.. I am almost sure?

oh, so you think I should freeze my beef first.. hmm.. ok.. e coli.. I need to read more about that.. but e coli comes from the gut.. so if the butcher knows what he's doing... and is high rate and it is a very up scale butcher place they should know..? Or perhaps I should start freezing..